Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There is alot to be said about this game. I have very few complaints about the play calling. I didn't like the conservative role we took on our last posessions, but overall I can't point to plays and call them stupid.

All this negativity about how Sage gave away the game. How bout we give the Colts D some recognition. They flew to the ball and put a helmet on that ball. Had that hit come a second later or sooner the results would have been different. Few are the cases where a helmet is put on the ball and the ball carrier retains posession. Also the argument about how he should have dived is stupid. Countless players leave their feet every week. Elways famous chopper into the endzone comes to mind. Question the decision all you want, but it shows heart and there's no way anybody can anticipate a helmet on the ball. If you say playing it safe should have been what we did, I say playing it safe is what got us into that situation in the first place. Also as Brackett raced towards the endzone Brown pulled instead of pushed Brackett. Then even then you gotta respect Brackett for staying inbounds the whole way.

The possession right after that, the call I question is the 2nd down. I don't know if it was Sages progression or how the play was called, but the secondary bit and A.J. was open behind everybody. This call I don't know wether to put on the coaching or on Sage, but for the benefit of the doubt, I'm gonna put it on Sage. The second fumble Sage was behind the LOS and looking downfield. At that point that's what he's supposed to do, buy his receivers time. It didn't look like he was planning to run, again you gotta give the Colts D props for making that play happen. If Mario did that to an opposing QB I would like to think Mario won us that game and not that their QB lost it.

The last play we had I couldn't handle. What the hell was Sage looking at. There were no blue jersey's in the vicinity.

Blame Sage all you want, but when he was out there our offense ran alot smoother and even though we lost that game, you gotta question this. Would Matt have had us sitting pretty on a seventeen point lead? Matt rushes a lot of throws, locks onto receivers and lacks accuracy on some passes. He may have played well last game, but in the end he's still got just as many wins as his backup. The offense just looks better when Sage is out there.

BTW I liked the graphics they showed when Mario sacked Manning. I hope he keeps piling up them sacks. Our defense did really well, I can't wait till' D-Rob gets back.

Slaton , you gotta love the guy. For now we got a good 1-2 punch, please don't get hurt either of them.

Comment

• I thought the play calling at the end was questionable to say the least.

This team is way better than it's record. That is for sure.

I also wanted to say I have always liked Steve Slayton, and thought he was a great pick. However, I am curious. What is the one-two punch? I am assuming you mean Slayton and Johnson. Surely you dont mean Green.

If I were a Texan fan, which I am, I would be counting the days till I could get out of Green's rediculous contract. Slayton is good, but I would like to have another back.

You just can't count on Green to do anything but get hurt.

By the way-I am sooo glad Mario Williams is proving everyone wrong. That was a genius pick.
      I published my first book. Available in ebook or paperback! Check it out!!!

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/afte...man/1114044540

Comment

• Originally posted by HEISMANHERSCHEL View Post
        I thought the play calling at the end was questionable to say the least.

This team is way better than it's record. That is for sure.

I also wanted to say I have always liked Steve Slayton, and thought he was a great pick. However, I am curious. What is the one-two punch? I am assuming you mean Slayton and Johnson. Surely you dont mean Green.

If I were a Texan fan, which I am, I would be counting the days till I could get out of Green's rediculous contract. Slayton is good, but I would like to have another back.

You just can't count on Green to do anything but get hurt.

By the way-I am sooo glad Mario Williams is proving everyone wrong. That was a genius pick.
        Yeah, I meant Green. Really Slaton is great so any other back would make a good 1-2 punch with Slaton. Yeah, I want another better back to complement Slaton, but for now I'm just glad Green re-structured his contract.

Comment

• Originally posted by datchapin View Post
          Yeah, I meant Green. Really Slaton is great so any other back would make a good 1-2 punch with Slaton. Yeah, I want another better back to complement Slaton, but for now I'm just glad Green re-structured his contract.
          Im just surpised as hell that Green made it through the game without getting hurt....

Comment

• The last i heard anything about Daunte Robinson was that he could be back by week 6, but i havent heard anything in a while. Has anyone heard about how close he is to being back????

Comment

• Daunte will be able to play next week and the team will have 3 weeks to decide to put him on the roster or leave him on IR.

Comment

• WE WON! I thought when we fumbled that interception we would once again find a way to lose and we almost did.

Comment

• I have been thinking about this for the past couple of days, what do you guys think of proclaiming Mario to be the best defensive end in the NFL? There is no one with his mixture of size, speed, and strength. He is the most physically imposing for sure, but what about production, is there anyone who plays the pass and the run as well as he does? And not to mention he does it with practically no pass rush on the other side coming from Weaver. If I could pick one DE in the NFL for my team it would be Mario Williams every time.

Comment

• I would also crown him the best 4-3 defensive end in the league. I cant think of anyone else I would take that would even be close.

That brings me to my question. Looking at the stats and watching the games, it seems to me that Houston is in DRASTIC need of another pass rusher. As it stands right now, this is far and away (IMO) the biggest need for this team. I know the draft is a long way away, but I am going on the record now...

I want ya'll to draft Orakpo out of Texas. I think this would change the defense big time. Orakpo can play left or right, and wouldn't have to move far.
                    I published my first book. Available in ebook or paperback! Check it out!!!

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/afte...man/1114044540

Comment

• This weekend we face the 30th ranked offense who has their backup in and just traded their best receiver away and the last ranked defense. We's gotta win this game.

Comment

• Originally posted by datchapin View Post
                        This weekend we face the 30th ranked offense who has their backup in and just traded their best receiver away and the last ranked defense. We's gotta win this game.
                        That is what is so bad about losing to the Colts cause we have the Lions this week and then the bengals next week. We could of been 4-3. We are looking so much better and Robinson practiced so i still think there is a shot at the 2nd wild card. If we dont screw up.

Mario is the best in the NFL at DE. To bad they dont keep track of putting presure on the QB cause he is in the backfield all game long.

Comment

• I haven't gotten the chance to watch enough Texans games to analyze him myself, but how is Zach Diles progressing?

Comment

• Originally posted by cunningham06 View Post
                            I haven't gotten the chance to watch enough Texans games to analyze him myself, but how is Zach Diles progressing?
                            Diles is one of the few bright spots on this defense. He is leading the team in tackles.

Comment

• What do you guys think about that shot on Shuab? Apparently the Texans are pretty pissed.

http://blogs.startribune.com/vikingsblog/?p=2110

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VcqjClE7cuk

I have to agree, they sure do have an argument.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
                              they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
                              Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

• Zach Diles broke his leg in practice yesterday... Damn. Kevin Bentley is now penciled in to start, but I really want to see what Adibi has got, so hopefully he will see the field.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information