Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I really really LOVE the Cato June pickup. He should push Adibi.

LB Buster Davis is interesting. I like the signing. I hope he works hard and makes the team. He could be pretty good ST guy and spot LB. He can hit.

I like the DE Smith signing, but I still want to see the Texans take a young DE in the draft.

Comment

• I think the Texans should draft Knowshon Moreno at 15. There isn't a glaring need that has to be addressed in the first round and Moreno is the sort of player that has Pro Bowl potential in his first year. He helps in the receiving game, as well as the running game. He is the toughest runner in the draft.

Comment

• 15 is a reach for Knowshon, but I do really really like him. I'd say theres a very very good chance we trade down into the 20's.

Another intriguing idea, apparently the Chiefs are entertaining the idea of trading Glenn Dorsey for a first round pick since he doesn't fit their 3-4 very well. I would love it if we got Glenn Dorsey, that would be bad ass.

Comment

• Originally posted by StorminNorman View Post
          I think the Texans should draft Knowshon Moreno at 15. There isn't a glaring need that has to be addressed in the first round and Moreno is the sort of player that has Pro Bowl potential in his first year. He helps in the receiving game, as well as the running game. He is the toughest runner in the draft.
          Seriously doubt we go RB in the first and if we did I don't see how they could possibly have pro bowl potential as a back up. Knowshon is a good prospect but Slaton has already shown that he can be special in the NFL.

Comment

• Originally posted by cunningham06 View Post
            15 is a reach for Knowshon, but I do really really like him. I'd say theres a very very good chance we trade down into the 20's.

Another intriguing idea, apparently the Chiefs are entertaining the idea of trading Glenn Dorsey for a first round pick since he doesn't fit their 3-4 very well. I would love it if we got Glenn Dorsey, that would be bad ass.
            That would be interesting. Might the Chiefs throw in a 4th rounder as well?

Comment

• Originally posted by cunningham06 View Post
              Our D-Line is looking good for next year, hopefully Amobi can rebound from his sophomore slump. When he was playing well his rookie season Travis Johnson looked pretty solid. Antonio Smith was really improving toward the end of the season. Our front 7 should be a VERY solid group should we go LB in round 1.
              Would anyone know if Frank Okam had any sort of impact in year one, or what's expected of him going into year 2?

Originally posted by Scott Wright
              I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                Would anyone know if Frank Okam had any sort of impact in year one, or what's expected of him going into year 2?
                Okam had pretty much no impact at all as a rookie, but I think he will develop into an excellent runstuffing situational DT, if not a full-fledged starter. I really liked Okam coming out of college, and hope he has a bigger impact this year.

Comment

• He's not an intense football player though. He's really low-key, and really smart. I remember reading last year, some scout said that he's not as good as he could be, because he's too smart to bash his head every down like every other dumbass d-tackle. He's got worlds of potential though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Texas Homer View Post
                    I really really LOVE the Cato June pickup. He should push Adibi.

LB Buster Davis is interesting. I like the signing. I hope he works hard and makes the team. He could be pretty good ST guy and spot LB. He can hit.

I like the DE Smith signing, but I still want to see the Texans take a young DE in the draft.
                    June might be a good 1 year pickup. He's better in coverage than playing run though. Davis was brought in last year after we had to juggle our LBs after injuries. We don't miss the guy to say the least.

Comment

• Texans blew it last year. Duane Brown was biggest reach since Troy Williamson. Why couldnt they just have stayed put and taken Kenny Phillips ?
                      This year they should go with Vontae Davis. I just dont want them to draft either of the USC lb's. Those guys are overrated.

Comment

• Vontae Davis is a pretty damn big reach at 15. Clay Matthews is the guy I want, but Cushing could be good as well. Vontae Davis is really just a workout warrior, and if we were to take a CB/S prospect, I would want it to be Malcolm Jenkins if he is available.

Comment

• Everyone is showing the texans take a olb, but I cant imagine them doing it. They have a ton on the roster. Granted, no one I am completely satisfied with, but they have a lot of them.

Safety looks pretty bare to me. I am hoping for a trade down and a couple of safeties. And Duke Robinson. That is what I want.

I am not a Moreno fan, but he is good. But I am very satisfied with Steve Slayton. Hope we wait on a running back till later rounds. I would hate for them to draft a guy with a first round pick that would be at best a situational player. Except for an injury, can anyone really see Moreno pushing Slayton out of a job????????? So dont draft Moreno...please.
                          I published my first book. Available in ebook or paperback! Check it out!!!

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/afte...man/1114044540

Comment

• Originally posted by GhostDeini View Post
                            Texans blew it last year. Duane Brown was biggest reach since Troy Williamson. Why couldnt they just have stayed put and taken Kenny Phillips ?
                            This year they should go with Vontae Davis. I just dont want them to draft either of the USC lb's. Those guys are overrated.
                            Are you stupid??? Brown was a great pick. Norv Turner has even come out and said that they were going to take Brown with the next pick. Cushing is a great pick up.

Comment

• So...how bout that draft? I like Connor Barwin and James Casey a lot. Cushing is a roided out tool, but he should have an instant impact on the D

Comment

• Not a sexy draft, but I really like Connor Barwin. Cushing will lay some big hits and at the least be fun to watch.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information