This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Congrats on the win fellas!

I definitely missed like all the 2nd half, but from what I did see, ya'll totally deserved the win.

Ya'll lost to a Jets team that just beat New England, and beat a Titans team at their house. Congrats on the success, and good luck in AFC South play - that is, until we return the favor in our next game. :)
    Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
    Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
    Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

• WOW!!!!!! Who would of thought that after last week we would go into Nashville and beat the titans. Titanhope is right, I dont feel so bad about what happened last week after the Jets handled the Pats offense. I have never seen the Texans play that physical, i love it. The passing game looked great, im still worried about the run game though. Also still worried about the Defense. They have series where they look like a top 10 defense and then they make a dumb play, like not cover Johnson. I am very impressed by Cushing and Diles. To miss all of training camp and preseason and come out and play like Cushing did is amazing. At the end of the year people maybe talking about how the Texans have the best starting linebacker group in the NFL.....

Comment

• I'm happy too. I knew we had a shot, but I was impressed with the way our guys played. Including Schaub, I just hope he keeps playing like that consistently. If our defense gets those mental mistakes out of the way, I'm sure we can do great things this season. Hopefully the running game picks up as well.

Comment

• We have Jax at home this sunday, even though they are 0-2 they still worry me because they have one of the best backs in the league and we cant stop the run. If we can control Jones Drew then we win....

Comment

• Originally posted by jjmt2500 View Post
            We have Jax at home this sunday, even though they are 0-2 they still worry me because they have one of the best backs in the league and we cant stop the run. If we can control Jones Drew then we win....
            I think that we match up much more favorably against MJD than against Chris Johnson though, we don't have a real speed demon in the secondary who could catch Chris Johnson once he got to the edge, so I'm not overly worried about how we will do against Jax's running game.

Comment

• Brian Cushing really impressed me as well. He was all over the field in the 2nd half (I got to rewatch the full game on NFL Network! Hooray!). He was disciplined, took good angles, and hit like a ton of bricks. Congrats!
              Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
              Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
              Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

• I'm not looking past the Jags. They always seem to get up for this game and play us tough. True they're 0-2 right now, but that hunger for the first game can really drive a team. MJD may not be faster than CJ, but he's more versatile. CJ torched us, but I give credit to their line. They cut off pursuit excellently on CJ's 1st long run, we didn't even cover him on the second score and their line got him past the secondary untouched on his last score. The Jags line isn't as good as the Tacks, but MJD is better at gaining extra yds. Remember the Jags love to chew up the clock so MJD fits that mold like a glove. Regardless of the outcome I expect a great game.

Comment

• We signed Bernard Pollard formerly of the Chiefs. Got any thoughts about this. I think its a good move. Pitts is on IR after the surgery so Studdard should step in.

Comment

• Originally posted by datchapin View Post
                    We signed Bernard Pollard formerly of the Chiefs. Got any thoughts about this. I think its a good move. Pitts is on IR after the surgery so Studdard should step in.
                    No thoughts at all... probably wont see much of him. Busing looks like he can make some big plays that we have always lacked from our safeties. I wont be happy with the safety situation untill we take a safety in the first or second round.

Comment

• Originally posted by TitanHope View Post
                      Brian Cushing really impressed me as well. He was all over the field in the 2nd half (I got to rewatch the full game on NFL Network! Hooray!). He was disciplined, took good angles, and hit like a ton of bricks. Congrats!
                      I cant begin to tell you how excited I am about Cushing. He brings an aggresiveness that we need. He is going to be a big time player.

Comment

• I remember we had a good safety in Will Demps, he was a pro-bowl alternate. I wonder why he got cut.....

Yeah, Cushing looks like he's gonna be a great help to the team. He seems to fire everyone up. Headbutting them and what have you in between plays. Our front seven look solid, help in the secondary is what we need. Maybe just time. I can't wait till 2morrow.

GO TEXANS!!!

Comment

• good game fellas. Atleast you guys have a BA offense.

by BoneKrusher
                          <DG> how metal unseen
                          <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

• This game is a clear demonstration that we need a good safety. MJD's first long TD run happened because our safety blew his assignment. Eric Berry or Taylor Mays would help rectify the situation because as of right now our secondary is what is holding this defense back.

Comment

• I've never thought I could feel as bad as I did today. On the way out, I felt like throwing up. I had flashes of me tossing myself off the balcony. The rollercoaster of the last few minutes was gutwrenching. I was almost okay with the loss and then the strip fumble gave me hope. Then that hope was crushed.

I agree with cunningham, (good to see you again.) Our secondary is atrocious. Not just the safeties though. Our CB's were far from the receivers almost every play. I hoped that an improved front seven would help the secondary, but we can't even press. We've been getting pressure, but the receivers are always so open it doesn't even seem to matter. I know we've never been great in the secondary, but god this season looks so horrible. I'm dumbfounded in trying to understand how we can be so bad. Last in the league in D, WHAT THE HELL ARE OUR COACHES DOING??!!!!

I critized Schaub a few weeks ago and last week it didn't look so bad, maybe because I had to watch it on the TV, but this week once again I'm questioning his decision making. Throwing into triple coverage, LOCKING IN on AJ. Matt gave me a flashback, I remember when he threw the ball a few times this game it gave me a sick feeling in the gut, something I haven't felt as strongly since when Carr left.

I love this team, and always try to be optimistic, yeah I might not always sound like it on here, but I need to vent. However I want to see a good team on the field. I don't know how Lions fans dealt with it, but man, this is a horrible feeling.

That's it for now. Thanx for allowing me a place to vent.

Comment

• Man our defense sucks... I dont understand how u let Jax do what ever they wanted to. Bennett looks awful out there, D Rob is missing tackles, and why even have safeties on the field if they arent gonna do anything. The front 4 are not getting any pressure. Atleast the linebackers are looking good, but it takes a lot more than just 3 guys making plays.

I guess if there is a silver lining its that last year we were 0-3 at this point. We have Oakland next week, who looks a lot worse than we do. If we give up huge plays against Oakland then i want to see Bush gone after this game.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information