Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What bothers me the most about the Texans right now is that at times we look like one of the best teams in the league, and at times we look like the worst. I chalk it up to a lack of good coaching. If Kubs and his coaches can find a way to get this team playing at a high level all game long and not just for a couple of quarters then we can still be a playoff team.

Reeves did look like an improvment but i am really impressed with Quinn, for a rookie he is playing some good football. And i think Andre proved who the best WR in the league is. I am big on Schaub but come on, that Int was awful. He has been really inaccurate at times this year, i mean really off. If it wasnt for that int we would be 3-2.

I am very dissapointed so far this year, but i have seen enough 2 believe that our season is not over yet. If we can beat a hot team like Cincy then that could get us jumpstarted for the rest of the season.

Comment

• We finally looked like a playoff team..... What a great game.....

Comment

• That is 3 weeks in a row that are defense has shut down the run game. I was really impressed all around with this win. The offense looks like one of the best in the league, and the defense is playing pretty well.

Reeves looked really good, i am very glad to have him back. Dunta had a nice hit but once again looked bad in coverage. Cushing, wow, 2 forced fumbles and a int.

Schaub looked really good. On his INT im not sure if Walter wasnt supposed to cut or if Schaub just threw a bad pass. It looks like Andre and Owen will be going back to the pro bowl. I like how they are using Slaton, getting him the ball in the open field.

Comment

• Man I really wanna be optimistic for this game.... but our up and down performances are killing me. I dunno which team is gonna show up. I'm glad about our win at Cincy, but when they lost their best pass rusher and starting DT.... I dunno. This game can go either way. Man, I really hope we win. I really hope we're solid.

Comment

• Guess I am drinking the cool-aid. I think the Texans are a MUCH better team than the forty niners. The niners have a better defensive backfield, but if you go position by position I will more likely than not take the Texans players.

There are a few exceptions, but where it counts I think the Texans are better.

If the good Texans team shows up, I think the niners are gonna get run out of the stadium. If the bad Texans show up, I think it will be close.

I will take the Texans, 27-13. How is that for putting them out there?

In trying to see why the teams are close, I am having a hard time. Shaun Hill doesn't scare me, and neither does any of the receivers on the niners. Shut down Gore and this one is over already.
            I published my first book. Available in ebook or paperback! Check it out!!!

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/afte...man/1114044540

Comment

• Man, I wish there were more Texans fans on here. After a win, no one wants to talk. This team is making strides, but can't find anyone who cares.
              I published my first book. Available in ebook or paperback! Check it out!!!

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/afte...man/1114044540

Comment

• Originally posted by HEISMANHERSCHEL View Post
                Man, I wish there were more Texans fans on here. After a win, no one wants to talk. This team is making strides, but can't find anyone who cares.
                We've never had a huge fanbase on this site. There's a few other ppl on here that never post in here. Comahan is one who used to post way back when, then Mario Palmer, who's always talking about Mario. Anyhoo, I care. JJMT posts regularly now so I think he cares too. Just be patient when the Texans start winning consistently more ppl will start posting. cunningham posts here once in a while 2, his main team is the Eagles though. I'll post some more in a little while, but I gotta go take care of something right now.

Comment

• Yep, our fanbase isn't the biggest, but we are a proud group. I remember when it was just me, America, and Datchapin posting. I'm very glad we won, but we need to be more than just a one half team. We played a great first half and then didn't do much at all in the second. We need to play the full 60 minutes otherwise teams better than the 49ers are going to come back and win.

Comment

• WOO Great Win Guys!!! (If I wasn't a Lions fan I'd be a Texans fan I like how they draft.)
                    Stafford Sig by touchdownrams the rest of the sig by Sig Master Bone Krusher Avy by King of all avys renji

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Originally posted by njx9
                    oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.

Comment

• It would be very nice 2 have more people on our board. Well a win is a win I guess. And the 49ers are a pretty good team but come on, alex smith looked like a pro bowler against our dbs. It looked 2 me that the 49ers came out and ran a offense that we did not plan for. The front 7 looks great against the run, shut down another back. Mario may not be getting the sacks this year but he is playing great against the run.

slaton is gonna have 2 find a way to hang onto the ball. Schaub is not on the manning brees level but he is on the level just below. Owen looks like he is quickly becoming the best in the league at his position. I don't remember us being over 500 in mid season

Comment

• Originally posted by jjmt2500 View Post
                        It would be very nice 2 have more people on our board. Well a win is a win I guess. And the 49ers are a pretty good team but come on, alex smith looked like a pro bowler against our dbs. It looked 2 me that the 49ers came out and ran a offense that we did not plan for. The front 7 looks great against the run, shut down another back. Mario may not be getting the sacks this year but he is playing great against the run.

slaton is gonna have 2 find a way to hang onto the ball. Schaub is not on the manning brees level but he is on the level just below. Owen looks like he is quickly becoming the best in the league at his position. I don't remember us being over 500 in mid season
                        I think Smith's play we can partially chalk up to the qb coming off the bench phenomenon, partially being the key word there. The D was prepared for Hill, and didn't have nearly as much film study under their belts on Smith. Regardless our defense was inexcusably poor in the second half and our guys need to stay focused. It is plain as day our secondary is the weakest part of the team, if we don't draft either a safety or CB high this offseason I don't know what our front office is thinking. I think if we get some defensive backs who can cover then Mario will have time to get to the quarterback.

Agreed on Slaton, he really needs to protect the rock. His play has been great recently though, if our O-line can just open some holes for him he does a good job in the open field.

Schaub might make the pro bowl this year if he keeps putting up these stats, Andre has been making his job a TON easier.

Comment

• Originally posted by broth223 View Post
                          WOO Great Win Guys!!! (If I wasn't a Lions fan I'd be a Texans fan I like how they draft.)
                          I won't hate if you start rooting for us. Can't blame you we rock.

I like your sig, it's a good distraction.

Comment

• I dunno about that backup coming in phenomenom. I mean we did the same thing to the Cards..... ironic huh. Dangit we still shoulda beat them... anyhoo. The fact of the matter was we weren't prepared. When a team gets down like that it's obvious they're gonna air it out. Yet the entire second half we rushed only four and played in zones. That's what it looked like 2 me anyways. All three TD's came from sloppy play in soft zones. The first one VD blew right past Ryans, Pollard was slow getting to him, D-rob hit him, but didn't wrap up and Wilson was late. Demeco should have at least bumped him. The second one came against Zone once again, Cushing had a different zone so had to let him go. Had he been faked he would have made the effort to follow. Pollard was deep in the endzone and didn't get there in time. The last one came against a zone again. Demeco was in position, but he's no DB he didn't look back for the ball. VD was running away from Pollard. All in all I'm just disappointed that we didn't go more aggressive on the defensive side. Even Smith said our coverage wasn't that hard to read. They're sending all their receivers out we should have had a field day in the second half applying the pressure. I wish we hadn't let up, but a win is a win.

Glover Quin has been pretty solid so far almost came up with an Int.

Can't believe we got that JJ TD called back damn penalties, and 2 of them. Ughh.

Slaton had a great run, but the fumbles... man now he's gonna be targeted for strips. He should do extra drills on the way he should hold the ball. The Bills are our best bet to get the running game off the ground.

Comment

• I think it's time for the old-school training tactic of getting Slaton to carry the football around with him at all times and have people (possibly even family members) try to knock it out sporadically so that he is always protecting the football. Just do something to protect the rock Slaton, please!

Comment

• They are talking about really nasty weather in Buffalo on Sunday we will have to get the running game going. What happened with Moats??? He had one game were he came in and made some good plays and havent seen him since. I think right now Brown is our best natural running back, Slaton isnt hitting the line like he did last year, but u have to keep him in there because of all the huge plays he has been making with screens and short dump plays.

Wanted to see what y'all thought about bringing in LJ if the Chiefs do cut him, which looks more and more likely.

My thoughts on it is that he should still have some good football in him, he is just in a really bad spot and doesnt seem to care. I would be all for bringing him on a 1 year vet miniuim contract, gotta do something to get some yards on the ground.

And why is John David Booty here trying out??? Makes no sense....

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information