Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Houston Texans Discussion

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I still feel like throwing up.

    Comment


    • happy turkey day everyone.

      Comment


      • We put Eugene Wilson and Molden on IR. Molden.... I'm thinking is on the way out. He hasn't been able to stay healthy since he got blowed up last yr. The Wilson move is gonna hurt. Both Barber and Busing have shown they're liabilities and we're about to go up against Seyton.... Peyton my bad. It doesn't help that our franchise CB is playing like crap! I replied to someone that he's far from bad and the dude shows up and proves me wrong. Dude missed a golden opportunity on a pick. Dunta dropped his future here with that ball. Seriously I'm done supporting this joker in any sort of way. Only way I see him back is as a back-up and at back-up type money.

        The last game was really tough to take. Why are we trotting out Chris Brown as our feature back? I thought about this so much and there's no excuse, none. Brown is our least talented back, he's supposed to be our short yardage back, but failed to punch it in from the one in critical situations.

        Chris Brown + short yardage = FAIL

        Wait he fumbled the ball in the Jags game. So it's not like the dude has sure hands. No argument can be made for what we did. Moats has been our most productive back this season and he didn't get a touch. Not one.

        You know I don't blame the officiating this game, but really the officiating is getting ridicolous in how bad they're becoming. Not just against us either, but man what the hell are they looking at. That horsecollar and pushing their QB out of bounds were BS. Some people have brought up a tripping no call, and I'm not a rules genious, but you can trip the ball carrier.

        I've kinda been on the fence about Kubiak, but now I'm officially off. The guy has had four yrs. and has not made progress, he does alot of things I think are good, but I don't see him getting us to the playoffs anymore. I'm tired of the same speech at the PC about how he didn't have the guys prepared. If Kubiak isn't gone next season I'm not sure what I'll do.

        Man it can be frustrating being a Texans fan..... maybe I should get a back-up team. I'm not sure how though.

        Comment


        • It feels like we are out of the wild card hunt, but we are really still in it. The only reason i dont think we will get it is because we dont look like a team that wants to win. I like Schaub a lot, but i want to see this guy yelling at his O line, i want to see him yelling at RBs for not picking up a blitz. Schaub needs to be the leader and not worry about making someone upset with him. Payton yells all the time, he is a winner and demands that his team is too. Schaub has the talent but not the mentality, not sure if that is something he can aquire or if its just something your born with.

          I feel ya datchapin on a back up team, but like you i would never be able to root for another team. Although it sure would be nice to root for a winner.....

          I really believe Dunta is more responsible for the lose than Brown......

          Comment


          • Originally posted by datchapin View Post
            We put Eugene Wilson and Molden on IR. Molden.... I'm thinking is on the way out. He hasn't been able to stay healthy since he got blowed up last yr. The Wilson move is gonna hurt. Both Barber and Busing have shown they're liabilities and we're about to go up against Seyton.... Peyton my bad. It doesn't help that our franchise CB is playing like crap! I replied to someone that he's far from bad and the dude shows up and proves me wrong. Dude missed a golden opportunity on a pick. Dunta dropped his future here with that ball. Seriously I'm done supporting this joker in any sort of way. Only way I see him back is as a back-up and at back-up type money.

            The last game was really tough to take. Why are we trotting out Chris Brown as our feature back? I thought about this so much and there's no excuse, none. Brown is our least talented back, he's supposed to be our short yardage back, but failed to punch it in from the one in critical situations.

            Chris Brown + short yardage = FAIL

            Wait he fumbled the ball in the Jags game. So it's not like the dude has sure hands. No argument can be made for what we did. Moats has been our most productive back this season and he didn't get a touch. Not one.

            You know I don't blame the officiating this game, but really the officiating is getting ridicolous in how bad they're becoming. Not just against us either, but man what the hell are they looking at. That horsecollar and pushing their QB out of bounds were BS. Some people have brought up a tripping no call, and I'm not a rules genious, but you can trip the ball carrier.

            I've kinda been on the fence about Kubiak, but now I'm officially off. The guy has had four yrs. and has not made progress, he does alot of things I think are good, but I don't see him getting us to the playoffs anymore. I'm tired of the same speech at the PC about how he didn't have the guys prepared. If Kubiak isn't gone next season I'm not sure what I'll do.

            Man it can be frustrating being a Texans fan..... maybe I should get a back-up team. I'm not sure how though.
            Losing Wilson is really gonna hurt, we cannot afford to lose anyone in our secondary. I assume we'll start Barber, but he is a pretty one dimensional in-the-box kind of guy.

            I haven't been impressed with Dunta all season, and last week really just showed how far he's fallen. I don't know if I would want him on the field period if I were a team looking at him as a free agent. Glover Quinn had a great game though, he is developing well.

            Agreed on Chris Brown, he sucks. Period. He is not a "power back" even though we try to make him be. I'd prefer Slaton because he has good balance and is quick enough to make a cut if the hole is not there. He would be fine in a goal line situation as long as he doesn't fumble (although he looks like he's been working on his ball security).

            The horse collar call was a mistake by the official, as we saw in the replay the defender's hand was gripping the name on the back of CJ's jersey. His hand was on the Johnson, yes I said it.

            We'll see how this season plays out, if there's no playoffs Kubs might just be gone at the end of the season.

            We have come a long way from the 2-14 season, when having another team to root for was a necessity for your mental health, but it's nice to have another team in the other conference. That's how I've always been, one AFC team and one NFC team.

            I feel ya on the frustration though. GO TEXANS

            Comment


            • Originally posted by cunningham06 View Post
              His hand was on the Johnson, yes I said it.
              I can't believe you said that.

              No seriously, I read on HT.com that Kubes is planning to split the carries with Slaton and Brown just like he did last week @ Tenneessee. They said the starter will depend on what play they are going to call. Busing is gonna be Wilson's replacement.

              Wow..... whoa. I really don't know how to feel about tomorrows game now. Slaton missed some practice time due to injury this week, but why the hell is Kubiak going to give Brown a equal or greater share of the carries. What the hell has he done to deserve it? What the hell did Moats do to end up in the @$#%house? Considering Kubiak came from a team that had such great success running the ball our situation right now.... Kubiak's whole time here except last yr. really have me scratching my head. I really hate apathy, yet here I am feeling that I have to accept something I can't do crap about.

              Busing, you know at the beginning of the yr. alot of ppl applauded this dude in pre-season. I didn't say anything, but the fact that a street FA is competing for a starting job on your squad when he was nothing more than ST's on other teams made me worry. I think this reflects real bad on our personel decisions. I know we've suffered injuries, but man our squad is barely there. Behind our starting LB's the only one who provides depth is Bentley. We cut Buster Davis and kept Adibi, I'm sorry, but after Adibi's performance in the pre-season it was clear he was a weak link. Looking up and down our roster it's hard to handle.

              I think winning masks a ton of crap, but the outlook isn't bright right now and that makes it harder to ignore the negative crap. I really hope we win tomorrow. Really though, I don't think I can keep being this emotionally invested in the Texans and keep my sanity.

              Comment


              • The worst part about this lose for me is, that when we were up 20 to 7, i still expected us to lose. We are a one half team and it showed again today. I just dont understand it. Honestly i dont even care to finish what i wanted to say....

                Comment


                • Yet another heart-wrenching loss...

                  Comment


                  • I had the colts game recorded and finally got around to watching it play by play. I watched every play at game speed, then slowly and picked it apart a second time. This is sure to be an unpopular post, but here it goes. And I put my personal feelings aside. I have my favorite players, but didnt give excuses for the players that I liked. Here is what I observed. Feel free to get mad at me.

                    1-Mario Williams did very well against the LT, but not so well against the RT. I would have quit lining him on the RT very early. I am not sure where blame goes for this, but I would imagine it goes to the defensive coordinator.

                    2-The DT's suck. I did not see DT's get doubled at all. This is worrisome for me. At least one of them should demand a double team. I would hate to see a DT get taken in the first round of the draft again, but this has to be fixed.

                    3-Matt Shaub may be the problem. He looks completely lost when the defense shows a blitz, but then backs off. One of the examples is the pick-six. I have liked Shaub based on numbers so far, but this was the first game I was able to analyze. I am telling you...there may be a problem at quarterback. No one wants to hear this because his numbers are good, but it is a concern for me.

                    4-The OL was not bad. I have heard friends say a Ol was needed in the draft, but I am not so sure.

                    5-A special teams returner is needed. This is no something I would not have siad before watching this game, but there is no spark there.

                    6-Cushing is the real deal. He is a wrecking ball.

                    7-The safeties are not as bad as I thought. I was originally thinking a safety would be needed for an early pick in the draft. But there are only so many Ed Reeds in the world. Safety is not the problem.

                    8-Steve Slayton needs to be getting the carries instead of Brown. Slayton needs to protect the football-there is no doubt about that. But he makes things happen. Chris Brown doesnt.


                    For what it is worth, I would not have guessed this would have been what I would have commented on before watching it slowly. But this is what I observed.
                    I published my first book. Available in ebook or paperback! Check it out!!!

                    http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/afte...man/1114044540

                    Comment


                    • JJMT I was the other way around. When they were up I thought, man, maybe we can pull this off. I dunno which is worse, but I know this one hurt 2.

                      I read the players comments after the game on the Texans main site and it was dissappointing. Okoye and Winston said something about relaxing and waiting for the game to come to them. Nobody seemed to know what the problem was. If they don't know what's wrong how can they ever fix it? The players just play, it's not their job to coach or know how to fix all the problems. That falls directly on coaching. However Kubiak is as clueless as ever.

                      I try not to bust Kubiaks chops, but I've had it! Kubiak is clueless man. I was in my section and saw the touchdown to Johnson that was called back. When a player is on the way to the ground he must maintain posession Johnson lost it on the ground clear case of incomplete pass, they even showed it on the big screen. Yet, Kubiak throws away another challenge. His time management and time-out management sucks. Who the hell calls a time-out with 1 second on the clock in the 1st or 3rd quarters? He doesn't even watch the field on some critical plays how the hell can he make a decision if he's not even watching the plays? Everybody sees this and accepts it as one of his quirks, BS that's just bad coaching.

                      Again, why the hell is Brown getting so many carries? The least talented back is getting carries because he can block? That's what Kubiak said, that he had more confidence in Brown than Moats for this reason. NEWSFLASH Brown can't run, he hasn't gotten the tough yds. when they were needed. All that aside once again Kubiak abandoned the running game. What's messed up is that we were actually running the ball well in the first half, but the second half we carried it only 7 times, if that. He's always saying he abandons the running game too soon. THEN STOP FREAKIN' DOING THAT!

                      Screw Matt Schaub, I get so freaking tired of people sticking up for him because of his stats. He's a back-up and always should have been. His release is slow and his mechanics are in need of upgrade. I swear the fumble he gave up was one of the worst windups I've ever seen almost as bad as Leftwich. Then he goes on the radio and blasts the fans saying we should stay in our seats the whole 60 mins. wether good, bad, or indifferent! Really Matt? HOW BOUT YOU PLAY A WHOLE SIXTY MINUTES MISTAKE FREE FOOTBALL AND GIVE US A REASON TO STAY!!!

                      I think it sucks that people leave early, but really we've stuck by this team for a long time and they haven't given us anything to really be happy about! Matt has no right to say that when he's only been here such a short time and can't appreciate the fact that we're still filling up the stadium despite the poor performances.

                      Kubiak has to be gone after this yr. FIRE KUBIAK MISTER MCNAIR!! You, we, the players deserve better. I love this team and will always stand by it, but if McNair keeps Kubiak.... I dunno how I'll talk myself into going to the games anymore.

                      I'M JUST SO FREAKING FRUSTRATED. I'm sorry, I just needed to vent. Thanx.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by HEISMANHERSCHEL View Post
                        I had the colts game recorded and finally got around to watching it play by play. I watched every play at game speed, then slowly and picked it apart a second time. This is sure to be an unpopular post, but here it goes. And I put my personal feelings aside. I have my favorite players, but didnt give excuses for the players that I liked. Here is what I observed. Feel free to get mad at me.

                        1-Mario Williams did very well against the LT, but not so well against the RT. I would have quit lining him on the RT very early. I am not sure where blame goes for this, but I would imagine it goes to the defensive coordinator.

                        2-The DT's suck. I did not see DT's get doubled at all. This is worrisome for me. At least one of them should demand a double team. I would hate to see a DT get taken in the first round of the draft again, but this has to be fixed.

                        3-Matt Shaub may be the problem. He looks completely lost when the defense shows a blitz, but then backs off. One of the examples is the pick-six. I have liked Shaub based on numbers so far, but this was the first game I was able to analyze. I am telling you...there may be a problem at quarterback. No one wants to hear this because his numbers are good, but it is a concern for me.

                        4-The OL was not bad. I have heard friends say a Ol was needed in the draft, but I am not so sure.

                        5-A special teams returner is needed. This is no something I would not have siad before watching this game, but there is no spark there.

                        6-Cushing is the real deal. He is a wrecking ball.

                        7-The safeties are not as bad as I thought. I was originally thinking a safety would be needed for an early pick in the draft. But there are only so many Ed Reeds in the world. Safety is not the problem.

                        8-Steve Slayton needs to be getting the carries instead of Brown. Slayton needs to protect the football-there is no doubt about that. But he makes things happen. Chris Brown doesnt.


                        For what it is worth, I would not have guessed this would have been what I would have commented on before watching it slowly. But this is what I observed.
                        No way dude. I loved the post! Good observations, stated in an easy to understand manner. This is a place where you should state and discuss your opinions, I don't think anybody here would blast you or think less of you for thinking differently.

                        I gotta bounce, but as soon as get some free time. I'll post again.

                        Comment


                        • I have defended Schaub in the past, but after the second half of last game i cant say much. Whenever something goes wrong Matt lets it snowball. He looked lost in the 2nd half of the last game, and to be honest he has looked pretty lost since OD went down. Datchapin is right, I do not want to hear a player complain about the fans, Schaub should be booing himself. You know things are close to being at there worst when players start complaining about the home crowd. That being said I'm not ready to give up on him, I think with the right coach and with a line that blocks and doesnt get called for false start all the time.

                          Although I am ready to give up on Kubs. I usually go to houstontexans.com and listen to what he has to say after every game, but i didnt this time cause im tired of hearing him say we werent perpared, that is a awful thing to hear after a loss. And you were right on about giving up on the run, they had a stat during the game that if we run the ball less than 30 times under Kubs we havent won a game....

                          Is it safe to start talking about next seasons coach???? I would give one of my balls to have Cowher come to town, he is the tough minded take no BS coach that our guys need. Although i dont think McNair will spend that kinda money on a coach, besides im sure Washington will offer him a ungodly amount of money. I do not want to hear any Shannahan talk, we have proven his system doesnt work here, and i really dont want to hear any Holmgren talk.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by HEISMANHERSCHEL View Post
                            1-Mario Williams did very well against the LT, but not so well against the RT. I would have quit lining him on the RT very early. I am not sure where blame goes for this, but I would imagine it goes to the defensive coordinator.

                            2-The DT's suck. I did not see DT's get doubled at all. This is worrisome for me. At least one of them should demand a double team. I would hate to see a DT get taken in the first round of the draft again, but this has to be fixed.

                            3-Matt Shaub may be the problem. He looks completely lost when the defense shows a blitz, but then backs off. One of the examples is the pick-six. I have liked Shaub based on numbers so far, but this was the first game I was able to analyze. I am telling you...there may be a problem at quarterback. No one wants to hear this because his numbers are good, but it is a concern for me.

                            4-The OL was not bad. I have heard friends say a Ol was needed in the draft, but I am not so sure.

                            5-A special teams returner is needed. This is no something I would not have siad before watching this game, but there is no spark there.

                            6-Cushing is the real deal. He is a wrecking ball.

                            7-The safeties are not as bad as I thought. I was originally thinking a safety would be needed for an early pick in the draft. But there are only so many Ed Reeds in the world. Safety is not the problem.

                            8-Steve Slayton needs to be getting the carries instead of Brown. Slayton needs to protect the football-there is no doubt about that. But he makes things happen. Chris Brown doesnt.
                            1. Agreed, we know he has a shoulder injury and I'm guessing it's the right shoulder. However I wouldn't blame all the lack of production on his injury. The D-line coach, Bill Kollar likes speed rushers off the edge. If you watch the games this season or recall Mario's play this season you'll notice he's not bullrushing or trying to go inside. This is due to Kollar, I think he's limited Mario this yr.

                            2. Agreed. Thing is though, Kollar is known for using undersized DT's. Guys who shoot gaps. He doesn't go for space eaters who are good against the run. The only yr. Kollar was part of a good run-stopping D was I think 98' with the Falcons and even then I think they were running a 3-4. I think with our lack of talent at DT a FA might be an upgrade.

                            3. Amen.

                            4. Agreed.

                            5. Jacoby has been good when given the opportunity on punts. Kickoffs, yeah, Jones isn't that good and Davis hasn't been the same since his concussion.

                            6,7,8. Dang straight!

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by jjmt2500 View Post
                              That being said I'm not ready to give up on him, I think with the right coach and with a line that blocks and doesnt get called for false start all the time.

                              Is it safe to start talking about next seasons coach???? I would give one of my balls to have Cowher come to town, he is the tough minded take no BS coach that our guys need. Although i dont think McNair will spend that kinda money on a coach, besides im sure Washington will offer him a ungodly amount of money. I do not want to hear any Shannahan talk, we have proven his system doesnt work here, and i really dont want to hear any Holmgren talk.
                              I've tried to support Schaub, but honestly I just don't see any hope anymore. Kubiak was "supposed" to be a quarterback guru. He's put Matt in position to succeed, but Matt just doesn't come through. I see open receivers at the game plenty. I know QB's aren't gonna hit everyone, but his level of not finding the open receiver is up there. Our line has given Schaub good protection, he just holds onto the ball too long and lacks pocket awareness. He causes alot of his own sacks by not knowing where the defenders are. Our O-line isn't elite, but they've been hit by injury and are still doing a good job. I don't get why Caldwell isn't starting and we have our smallest guard out there. However Schaub isn't the player to lead us to the playoffs, IMO. I think he's been given enough leash to prove that and at this point. Dare I say, I wouldn't mind seeing Rex get a shot.

                              Cowher would be a wet dream for me. If that happened I would be so happy. No more, ey dude why you wasting money on the Texans tix? Or my lame they'll get it done this yr. It'll be more like ey dude, can I buy some tix off you? Pffft, what are you willing to pay? hahaha. You know if Cowher came here we would have a real solid shot at getting Hampton away from the Steelers. Just saying. Anyways it wouldn't just be about money. We have a great situation here for an incoming coach, not to mention a great owner who doesn't meddle. You know what though, I think McNair would dish out the money for Cowher though. If we have a shot at him I'm sure McNair would be a bidder for his services. Agreed on Shannahan, and Holmgren I think would prefer to be like Parcells.

                              Comment


                              • Slaton is a no go for sunday, so get ready for a bunch of Chris Brown. Slaton has a neck problem that is causing numbness in his arms, im no dr but that doesnt sound good.

                                Antonio Smith fined 12,500 for his late hit on Dallas Clark. Smith is a clown, this guy makes stupid mistakes all game long. Did the Texans do there homework on this guy or were they just going off how he played in the playoffs last year. No way this is the first season that he as shown the inability to not make stupid plays. It seems like every game he gets flagged. If he was getting sacks I wouldnt complain but this guy is no where near worth the money we paid for him, a few good games here and there is not gonna cut it.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information