Clear All

• Good game guys.

by BoneKrusher
    <DG> how metal unseen
    <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

• Originally posted by The Unseen View Post
      Good game guys.
      Haha, really a spectacular showing. Thought we almost had yall with that RB pass. Just unlucky I guess.

Comment

• What a waste of a season. Maybe next year we will have a coach that doesnt call RB pass plays or run the ball on 3rd and 4 inside the red zone, when the run game had failed all day. Good job Kubs... Now get the **** out of houston.

Comment

• That half-back pass was probably the worst executed play I have ever seen. I want to say I'm exagurating, but I don't think I am. I was still upset, but this time wasn't so bad. Man, that sux.

So anyhoo. Besides Cowher what other coaches do you guys think could come in here and help us out. Two guys I've heard about are Mike Zimmer the DC for the Bengals and Leslie Frazier DC for the Vikings.

Comment

• I have been contemplating the coaching thing. I love Cowher, but I get nervous because historically speaking I am not sure that his philosophy matches the talent on this team. But I suppose he knows what he is doing. Who am I to question him?

I know many don't like the idea of Shannahan. I don't think he would come to Houston anyway. But He may be a better motivator than Kubiak.

I can honestly say I have no idea what the problem is. The Jacksonville game made me want to vomit. I can only assume that coaching is to blame.
            I published my first book. Available in ebook or paperback! Check it out!!!

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/afte...man/1114044540

Comment

• Originally posted by jjmt2500 View Post
              What a waste of a season. Maybe next year we will have a coach that doesnt call RB pass plays or run the ball on 3rd and 4 inside the red zone, when the run game had failed all day. Good job Kubs... Now get the **** out of houston.
              The halfback pass was on 1st down. I dont mind the call because, quite frankly, every call that we have made in the redzone has gone nowhere. The problem with that halfback pass was Brown being an idiot and not the play call. Chris Brown just didnt want to take a loss so he just threw it up there with no Texan around. Our pathetic redzone offense has made me want Dez Bryant even more. It would be nice to be able to throw it up high and trust that someone can come down with it. AJ is automatically double teamed in the redzone.

Comment

• guess it is time for draft talk to begin...

how depressing.
                I published my first book. Available in ebook or paperback! Check it out!!!

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/afte...man/1114044540

Comment

• Originally posted by HEISMANHERSCHEL View Post
                  guess it is time for draft talk to begin...

how depressing.
                  Ah how familiar, we must be one of the wisest fanbases around since we spend so much time contemplating the future...

Comment

• I went back and read the first few pages of this thread. I dunno how I was there on the first page. I guess Scott must have done something to restart the site that yr. Can't remember now. Anyways..... I can't believe how much I supported Carr back then, or how enthusiastic I sounded. Thanx Kubiak you've beaten that outta me. lol.... not really. However reading that reminded me of how change can revatilize a struggling ship.

I'd forgotten about Grid, man that dude had some good insights. Anyways, looking back Kubiak was making horrible decisions ever since he got here. It's really hard to believe that he still has a job or that it took us so long to stop turning a blind eye to it. Another thing that I noticed is that our talent evaluation has been questionable at best. Okoye, Bennett and Diles are the only ones on our team from the 07 draft. I think it funny, because I hear alot of people praise R. Smith, but the truth is he hasn't been spectacular.

I hope Kubiak is gone, like the day after the Pats game. No excuses, none. Then Smith should really be evaluated and he may be gone in a couple of yrs. if that.

So, now that Schaub is injured again, I think we should see what Grossman can do. What do you guys think. Yeah, he looked bad in his very limited time, but what do you expect when he had no reps with the first team. Honestly, I would like to see if he's worth resigning or if he's really as bad as his performance at Chicago indicates. I went to their thread and *** Ork Wang gave me this site.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/cov...ong-jay-cutler

It talks about how Cutler is mishandled, keep in mind these are the same guys that were coaching Rex. I think it's safe to say we're out of the playoffs. Schaub should be benched for his health. They did a piece yesterday on the radio talking about how easy Schaub could make the injury worse even with the brace.

That brings me to Schaub, this season he was playing for a contract extension. I don't remember the numbers exactly, but something like 10 mill. bonus and 3 yrs. don't remember the total worth of the last 3 yrs, but I think his contract was backloaded. I don't think he's earned it. How do you guys feel about him coming back? I wouldn't mind seeing him back, but not at that price tag.

On another front Slaton has spine problems and they also discussed it on the radio yesterday. They say he suffered a similar prob in college. Also that it causes the thumb to be weakened when it's bad enough. They also said it could be a re-occuring issue without surgery. I wonder how long this was going on. Could this explain the fumbling earlier in the season? I dunno. I just hope the guy gets better and makes a full recovery. I think he can be a very good back in this league.

Another

Comment

• Originally posted by jayceheathman View Post
                      The halfback pass was on 1st down. I dont mind the call because, quite frankly, every call that we have made in the redzone has gone nowhere. The problem with that halfback pass was Brown being an idiot and not the play call. Chris Brown just didnt want to take a loss so he just threw it up there with no Texan around. Our pathetic redzone offense has made me want Dez Bryant even more. It would be nice to be able to throw it up high and trust that someone can come down with it. AJ is automatically double teamed in the redzone.
                      You really think Bryant would help that much in the red zone? Don't get me wrong I think the guy has a ton of talent, but I'm not sure how that would fix our redzone scoring. Not when we try to run it up the gut 3 times on the one yd. line..... AAARRRGGGHHH!

Comment

• Originally posted by cunningham06 View Post
                        Ah how familiar, we must be one of the wisest fanbases around since we spend so much time contemplating the future...
                        Haha... huh, thats actually depressing.

Comment

• Originally posted by cunningham06 View Post
                          I'm really excited about the future, like in 10 years. We'll be above .500 by then.

And datchapin, sorry to disagree but Rex Grossman sucks and he always will. We should draft Haden and Gerhart if our picks are high enough. I think Rick Smith needs to go, Kubiak isn't intolerable, but I wouldn't care if he left. Chris Myers needs to be replaced. So does Chris White. We have a lot of really good players on the team but they're surrounded by straight up awful players. As long as Andre is getting the ball, we have a chance to win games.

Comment

• I dont care who is under center, as long as Myers and White are on the field the QB will have 0 time to throw.

I think we have to look at CB in the first round. Quinn is the only CB i want to see back next year. Dunta has been awful all year, and Reeves is Reeves. At one point in time I really thought that Bennett could of been a good CB, well i was wrong....

In the second round we have to get a good center. Im not worried about White and the guards so much, hes only in there because of injurys, i think that a healthy Pitts and Studdard will be good. Not sure on the status of Caldwell, but I would like to see him start at Center for the rest of the season to see how he looks, he cant be much worse than Myers.

Im not ready to give up on Slaton. Although I do believe we need to take a RB to back him up.

At the start of the season I would of said we needed a safety in the first round, not anymore. Pollard has been a beast, and Wilson has been solid, when healthy. I would like to see some better depth though.

The only other spot I would like to see a pick used on is DT. I give Amobi one more year to prove he is not a bust.

Comment

• Originally posted by America View Post
                              I'm really excited about the future, like in 10 years. We'll be above .500 by then.

And datchapin, sorry to disagree but Rex Grossman sucks and he always will. We should draft Haden and Gerhart if our picks are high enough. I think Rick Smith needs to go, Kubiak isn't intolerable, but I wouldn't care if he left. Chris Myers needs to be replaced. So does Chris White. We have a lot of really good players on the team but they're surrounded by straight up awful players. As long as Andre is getting the ball, we have a chance to win games.
                              Don't worry man, I'm not sure how the Rex expirement might go myself. I just feel I've seen enough of Schaub to think he isn't worth the extension. That would leave us with just Dan O. next season. I just wanna know if Rex is really that bad or if he could be solid with better coaching.

Kubiak, I can't stand him anymore, I'm just tired of the same speech after losses, the look of a defeated man at the podium. The repetition of the same mistakes over and over. It's just too much to stomach. Agreed on Smith, though wether he goes now or later (not too much later.) I wouldn't mind.

The talent we put on the field is on the coach. I can't believe White AND Myers are starting. Caldwell should be at one of those spots. I remember when Flannagan was replaced by Steve McKinney. BOOM instant upgrade! I just wish our coaching staff would try something different.

Comment

• Originally posted by jjmt2500 View Post
                                I dont care who is under center, as long as Myers and White are on the field the QB will have 0 time to throw.

I think we have to look at CB in the first round. Quinn is the only CB i want to see back next year. Dunta has been awful all year, and Reeves is Reeves. At one point in time I really thought that Bennett could of been a good CB, well i was wrong....

In the second round we have to get a good center. Im not worried about White and the guards so much, hes only in there because of injurys, i think that a healthy Pitts and Studdard will be good. Not sure on the status of Caldwell, but I would like to see him start at Center for the rest of the season to see how he looks, he cant be much worse than Myers.

Im not ready to give up on Slaton. Although I do believe we need to take a RB to back him up.

At the start of the season I would of said we needed a safety in the first round, not anymore. Pollard has been a beast, and Wilson has been solid, when healthy. I would like to see some better depth though.

The only other spot I would like to see a pick used on is DT. I give Amobi one more year to prove he is not a bust.
                                About the CB, I think Reeves has been solid so far. Agreed on Robinson and Quin. Bennett fooled alot of ppl his rookie yr. Moulden, is by all accounts injury prone. I agree with America in I would like to see us pick up Haden, but our DT position is still weak and its a stout yr. for DT's.

Agreed about Caldwell, if he does well, I think we could pick up a center later in the draft for depth. Agreed on Slaton. I would like to see them pick up a safety for depth though. Busing, Barber, and Ferguson make me nervous behind our starters.

DT, man I have no idea how the FA market will be this off-season considering it might be uncapped. I just want an upgrade there, be it FA or draft. I'm tired of seeing such a mediocre performance there.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information