Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am unsure about coach. I really like him, on one hand. On the other, I really think this team is better than their record. Who gets the blame for that other than the coach?

And I will proclaim this untill it is fixed...without another good defensive lineman all is lost. No other really good team has only one good defensive lineman.
    I published my first book. Available in ebook or paperback! Check it out!!!

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/afte...man/1114044540

Comment

• The thing about that space eating DT we all think would benefit the team is. It won't happen as long as Bill Kollar is coaching, he's never used a big man effectively. This is a guy that we should replace, he totally misused Mario this yr. and we saw the drop-off in production. The Giants let their D- coordinator go AND their D-line coach go. I would like to see us pursue this guy and bring a much needed improvement to our D-line which once again sucked at putting the pressure on.

Comment

• Not sure if coaching had to do with mario as much as playing with a bad shoulder all year, or just lack of effort on mario's part. But the whole line wasn't very good so yeah maybe a change is needed.

I am not suprised that bud adams won't let us talk to muncik, he was the one name on the lkist that I was excited about. I think that's bull that they keep one of there coaches from moving up in there career. I sure hope we don't end up with chan.

Comment

• Originally posted by jjmt2500 View Post
          Not sure if coaching had to do with mario as much as playing with a bad shoulder all year, or just lack of effort on mario's part. But the whole line wasn't very good so yeah maybe a change is needed.

I am not suprised that bud adams won't let us talk to muncik, he was the one name on the lkist that I was excited about. I think that's bull that they keep one of there coaches from moving up in there career. I sure hope we don't end up with chan.
          I agree it's bs. The Eagles are allowing their GM (Tom Heckert) to interview elsewhere. Although I wish they wouldn't.

Comment

• Nice national championship game. Thought Texas played well agaisnt all odds.

I know there is no way Kindle falls to the Texans. But if he starts to fall I would go get him. And play him opposite Mario.

But any DL would do. Without more DL help the Texans will once again hover around .500 .
            I published my first book. Available in ebook or paperback! Check it out!!!

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/afte...man/1114044540

Comment

• I'd love to get Sergio, he had a great game last night.

Comment

• Originally posted by jjmt2500 View Post
                Not sure if coaching had to do with mario as much as playing with a bad shoulder all year, or just lack of effort on mario's part. But the whole line wasn't very good so yeah maybe a change is needed.

The thing I noticed though is that this yr. I hardly saw any rips or swims from him. Again it could be because of the shoulder, but later in the yr. I saw him once again begin utilizing the bull-rush more effectively. However even then I didn't see other moves not even spins. True Mario hasn't mastered any of those techniques, but in past yrs. I saw him making development with them and this yr. it stopped. The rest of the line, I wasn't impressed. Smith had his arsenal of moves already down and I saw him use them effectively. Okoye and the middle of the line.... another disappointing yr. Honestly, I don't see this happening, but one can always hope.

Agreed on Bud, but they have that right. The NFL looks at coaching in 2 tiers. Assistants and head, the only time they are obligated to grant interviews is when the move is from assistant to head. Any other move would be considered lateral and the club can refuse. Which I think is BS. Coordinator should be a tier as well. It's a clear-cut promotion. Man I would have loved to see us get Munchak. If we still don't have an OC by the end of the play-offs I would like to see us seek permission again. Even though it feels like Dennison from Denver is the one that'll end up here.

Comment

• Originally posted by cunningham06 View Post
                  I agree it's bs. The Eagles are allowing their GM (Tom Heckert) to interview elsewhere. Although I wish they wouldn't.
                  I've been hearing that your OC might end up in Cleveland. Is there anything to that rumor. I remember he coached the Lions for a little bit. Then I read in ESPN (Sorry, couldn't help myself it had head coaches in the title.) That the eagle OC (Sorry, I can't remember how to spell his name off the top of my head) was a prime candidate to be the next great coach. Just asking.

Comment

• OHH Snap!!!! Cunningham and America, you guys got 2 teams you like playing each other next yr. What do you guys think.

Texans @ Eagles
                    Ravens @ Texans

Comment

• Originally posted by datchapin View Post
                      OHH Snap!!!! Cunningham and America, you guys got 2 teams you like playing each other next yr. What do you guys think.

Texans @ Eagles
                      Ravens @ Texans
                      Shoot, well since the Texans are home I'll have the slight favoritism towards them because I love wins in Clutch City. If one team has a shot at the playoffs and the other doesn't at the time, I'll root for the playoff team though. But I hope they both are in contention. Those should both be good games though.

Comment

The thing I noticed though is that this yr. I hardly saw any rips or swims from him. Again it could be because of the shoulder, but later in the yr. I saw him once again begin utilizing the bull-rush more effectively. However even then I didn't see other moves not even spins. True Mario hasn't mastered any of those techniques, but in past yrs. I saw him making development with them and this yr. it stopped. The rest of the line, I wasn't impressed. Smith had his arsenal of moves already down and I saw him use them effectively. Okoye and the middle of the line.... another disappointing yr. Honestly, I don't see this happening, but one can always hope.
                        People are blasting Mario for his lack of production this year, but in the end, he still had almost 1/3 of our team sacks (9/29). I'd love to see Antonio Smith make the move inside and have us get a premier pass rusher opposite Mario, like Kindle, but I don't see it happening.

On that note, Earl Thomas should be right in our drafting range and I'd love to get him.

Comment

I've been hearing that your OC might end up in Cleveland. Is there anything to that rumor. I remember he coached the Lions for a little bit. Then I read in ESPN (Sorry, couldn't help myself it had head coaches in the title.) That the eagle OC (Sorry, I can't remember how to spell his name off the top of my head) was a prime candidate to be the next great coach. Just asking.
                          The Browns just pulled Heckert from the Eagles to be their new GM (bastards).

Well, Cleveland's said they are sticking with Mangini, so I doubt Mornhinweg'll be going there, but possibly somewhere else. That's interesting that ESPN thinks so highly of him. I guess they just think highly of Reid's coaching tree with other successful former Eagles coaches like Childress and Harbaugh. I don't think he will be anything too special though, he doesn't do all that much in Philly, Reid still runs the show and does most of the playcalling (which is why it's so unbalanced).

Comment

OHH Snap!!!! Cunningham and America, you guys got 2 teams you like playing each other next yr. What do you guys think.

Texans @ Eagles
                            Ravens @ Texans
                            I love getting to watch the Texans and Eagles play each other because I know and like all the players. Like America said, if one team is in the playoff hunt but not the other, that's who I'll root for. If they both are, then I'll be rooting for whoever's on offense and be rooting for a good game.

Comment

• Does anyone know much about our new OC from Denver??? Kinda strange that Gibbs bolted to the Seahawks, not sure that i really care that he is gone.

Comment

• He was a linebacker on the broncos and then somehow got to offense early in his career, really an o-line coach.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information