Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ahh, come on guys. If the Texans had a QB that went 8-2 after going 0-6 we would be singing his praises.

And no one cares what a QB throws for. The Titans had Chris Johnson for all the games. He was better with Vince as the starting QB. That should count for something.

Vince is not the best passer. No one would say he is. That would be mad. But he has always won games. He may not be better than the top tier, but he still has a place in the NFL.

And as for Cushing. He should have been the first OLB in the Pro Bowl. He had a great season and deserves it.
    I published my first book. Available in ebook or paperback! Check it out!!!

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/afte...man/1114044540

Comment

• OMG! I almost threw up reading this page. I HATE VY!!! Ever since he was in college he's benefitted from a great team around him. Texas has been a good program since before Young and after Young. Then he went to the Titans! Since then there hasn't been any rest of VY nuthuggers. (I'm sorry, not trying to offend just how I feel.) His first yr. he got them to the playoffs, but they went in spite of his poor QB play. I remember one game where the defense scored enough to win the game, then there was another game where Bironas kicked a FG from a crazy distance. Yet VY got credited with that win. Garbage. Then his second season he couldn't handle the boos and didn't want to go in the game. Got injured and the Titans go 13-3 without him! Really, this is the leader we would want? This season he has the line opening holes the size of streets and a RB that broke 2000 yds. Who by the way increased his workload when Vince came back. Not to mention other players on defense coming back from injury. It just makes me sick how much love is given to this guy and how people just says he wins. It's a team sport and the team is better than VY he is just benefiting from it.

Someone made a comparison to Sanchez. The guy that "stomped?" all over us the first game of the season. Yeah he's in the same situation. He's in the playoffs despite his poor showing this yr.

Herschel, I care. I care about how many yds. a QB throws for as well as their TD/Int ratio, efficiency and rating. These are indicators of an individuals performance. I judge Matt Schaub and every other QB on all these things. Schaub threw for a lot of yds. Yet his TD/int. ratio was almost 2/1, his efficiency was almost 70% and his rating was just below 99 I believe. Having said all that I don't think Matt is elite and Matt blows VY out of the water in all those fields.

I love football, I love my Texans. I can't stand the Titans. The fact that one of their players who I think is garbage gets so much love in my hometown is sickening. Physically sickening. I can't type anymore. I usually consider myself understanding and open minded, but when it comes to this. SCREW VY!!!

Comment

• UGH! I forgot the reason I came in here was to report that Cushing is backing out of the Pro-bowl due to lingering injury issues (Knee and finger). I'm glad he's taking care of his body.

Comment

• Originally posted by datchapin View Post
          OMG! I almost threw up reading this page. I HATE VY!!! Ever since he was in college he's benefitted from a great team around him. Texas has been a good program since before Young and after Young. Then he went to the Titans! Since then there hasn't been any rest of VY nuthuggers. (I'm sorry, not trying to offend just how I feel.) His first yr. he got them to the playoffs, but they went in spite of his poor QB play. I remember one game where the defense scored enough to win the game, then there was another game where Bironas kicked a FG from a crazy distance. Yet VY got credited with that win. Garbage. Then his second season he couldn't handle the boos and didn't want to go in the game. Got injured and the Titans go 13-3 without him! Really, this is the leader we would want? This season he has the line opening holes the size of streets and a RB that broke 2000 yds. Who by the way increased his workload when Vince came back. Not to mention other players on defense coming back from injury. It just makes me sick how much love is given to this guy and how people just says he wins. It's a team sport and the team is better than VY he is just benefiting from it.

Someone made a comparison to Sanchez. The guy that "stomped?" all over us the first game of the season. Yeah he's in the same situation. He's in the playoffs despite his poor showing this yr.

Herschel, I care. I care about how many yds. a QB throws for as well as their TD/Int ratio, efficiency and rating. These are indicators of an individuals performance. I judge Matt Schaub and every other QB on all these things. Schaub threw for a lot of yds. Yet his TD/int. ratio was almost 2/1, his efficiency was almost 70% and his rating was just below 99 I believe. Having said all that I don't think Matt is elite and Matt blows VY out of the water in all those fields.

I love football, I love my Texans. I can't stand the Titans. The fact that one of their players who I think is garbage gets so much love in my hometown is sickening. Physically sickening. I can't type anymore. I usually consider myself understanding and open minded, but when it comes to this. SCREW VY!!!
          Thank you!!!!!!!! I was starting to think i was the only person on here who hates vince.

Comment

• datchapin, im disappointed. vince young brought the swagger to UT. he was the unquestioned leader of the team, and don't pretend like it was the talent around him that made him special. he was the top player in the nation coming out of high school. He pretty much won the first Rose Bowl against Michigan by himself and his 467 total yards (200 rushing 267 passing) against USC is a record in bcs games. he has the IT factor Schaub doesn't. granted he sucks as a pro passer. but he still makes clutch plays all the time, something the all the Texans seem incapable of doing.

And the Titans were 3-13 when he got there. Pretty ****** if you ask me. CJ is the heart and soul of that team but Vince still won with Lendale in his first two years as a starter.

Comment

• I loved VY at UT but until he retires from the NFL or moves out of the division I will never root for him to succeed and I cant stand the people that still argue we should have picked VY instead of Mario or root for him and the Titans when they come to town. Any Houston sports fan that roots for a Bud Adam's franchise after what they did to this city can move their ass to Nashville for all I care.

Comment

• Originally posted by America View Post
                datchapin, im disappointed. vince young brought the swagger to UT. he was the unquestioned leader of the team, and don't pretend like it was the talent around him that made him special. he was the top player in the nation coming out of high school. He pretty much won the first Rose Bowl against Michigan by himself and his 467 total yards (200 rushing 267 passing) against USC is a record in bcs games. he has the IT factor Schaub doesn't. granted he sucks as a pro passer. but he still makes clutch plays all the time, something the all the Texans seem incapable of doing.

And the Titans were 3-13 when he got there. Pretty ****** if you ask me. CJ is the heart and soul of that team but Vince still won with Lendale in his first two years as a starter.
                Haha what exactly has Vince won? Ya ill give them credit for making the playoffs but so far Vince hasn't won jack squat in the NFL other than his prestigious rookie of the year award.

Comment

• Originally posted by Clayton89 View Post
                  Haha what exactly has Vince won? Ya ill give them credit for making the playoffs but so far Vince hasn't won jack squat in the NFL other than his prestigious rookie of the year award.
                  He's 26-13 as a starter. That's pretty damn good. If you actually watch him, yes he's not polished in any way. But he makes the plays when the game is on the line. He can avoid pressure in the pocket, extend plays, make something out of nothing.

And Bud Adams, even though I don't like how he moved the Oilers, is one of the nicest people I've ever met.

Comment

• Im not arguing that the Titans have been a good team the last couple of years but it sure as hell ain't because of Vince and his "clutch" play. Ill admit he does have his moments but that doesn't completely overshadow how poorly he has developed as a passer considering its his fourth year in the league.

P.S. what a sweet old man
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTxHuUGG_2c

Comment

Im not arguing that the Titans have been a good team the last couple of years but it sure as hell ain't because of Vince and his "clutch" play. Ill admit he does have his moments but that doesn't completely overshadow how poorly he has developed as a passer considering its his fourth year in the league.

P.S. what a sweet old man
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTxHuUGG_2c
                      That's just ******* awesome. And I know for a fact those Bills fans had been talking **** to him the entire game. Much worse stuff than giving him the bird.
                      Last edited by America; 01-23-2010, 10:46 AM.

Comment

datchapin, im disappointed. vince young brought the swagger to UT. he was the unquestioned leader of the team, and don't pretend like it was the talent around him that made him special. he was the top player in the nation coming out of high school. He pretty much won the first Rose Bowl against Michigan by himself and his 467 total yards (200 rushing 267 passing) against USC is a record in bcs games. he has the IT factor Schaub doesn't. granted he sucks as a pro passer. but he still makes clutch plays all the time, something the all the Texans seem incapable of doing.

I won't argue the UT angle, it can't be denied that they have a good program though. If I remember correctly though, they had to retool the offense in order to make it work for VY. When he came out I was very against us taking him because I don't think he had the tools to make it in the pro-game. He may have been a special player in college that added an extra edge to an already good program, but the Longhorns had a great defense that kept them in the games.

IT?! Really, you mean the it that nobody can define or quantify? I am sorry, but to me that is a bad argument. The same guy that didn't want to go back into a game after being booed? Yeah, he's full of IT alright. You know why Vince Young is a "Clutch Player"? I think it's because he's not consistent enough to build a lead and keep it. Lets see, his first yr. he was 8-8 I don't know how that can be considered a winning season with Lendale White. His second yr. was the yr. of that dominant defense. Anyhoo, here's some stats.

His first yr. he threw for 12 TD's and 13 Int's. he also fumbled 12 times and lost 3 of those fumbles.

His second yr. he threw for 9 TD's and 17 Int's. he also fumbled 10 times and lost 3 of thosed.

I don't see how these stats make him the leader or heart of the Titans, much less the reason they won games.

This yr. he wasn't asked to pass that much and so he threw 10 TD's and had 7 Int's. he fumbled 8 times and lost 2 of those.

Seeing those stats please explain to me how he is the reason for Tennessees success? I just don't see it. I'm sorry you're disappointed, but I can't help the way I feel.

Comment

Which should have gone to Demeco Ryans. Youngs performance shouldn't have even earned him OROY that should have gone to MOJO, another reason I don't like VY. Thanx for bringing that up Clayton.

Comment

He's 26-13 as a starter. That's pretty damn good. If you actually watch him, yes he's not polished in any way. But he makes the plays when the game is on the line. He can avoid pressure in the pocket, extend plays, make something out of nothing.

And Bud Adams, even though I don't like how he moved the Oilers, is one of the nicest people I've ever met.
                            That's the teams record, this is something else that bugs me. Football to me is the ultimate team sport to give credit to one player for a win is a horrible concept. I hate when people bring this up in the Brady/Manning arguments. Brady has those rings because of a stout D, great coaching, and Vinatari. Since Adam left how many rings has Brady won. Team it's all about the entire team. I hope this concept becomes obsolete in the near future. JMO.

Comment

• I'm not a huge fan of the record as a starter, but clayton was asking how he was a winner. And just to clarify about the UT stuff, Vince won those games, I watched every single one, the defense didn't "hold us in there." Not even close.

And being a leader or heart of a team doesn't mean having great stats. It's just widely recognized that players love playing for Vince. They feel more confident when he's in the game.

And he also had 7 rushing TDs that first year, when a 3-13 team went 8-8 with a "not ready" rookie QB.

My beginning argument wasn't that Vince is a great player or even a good passer, but that he's more of a Pro Bowler than Carson, Orton and Sanchez. Yes I am a complete homer on Vince and UT, but regardless of that, the other players didn't do anything special this year. The Bengals had a good record, but Carson really only had 2 games where he was above average or made any real difference in the game (GB - 3TDs, 2 picks, and a thrashing on CHI with 5 TDs). Vince is going 1) because he's a fan favorite across the league 2) players will vote for Vince simply due to personality and 3) The Titans went from an 0-6 team with no identity to speak of to an 8-8 team who could compete with good teams.

And by the way, Tom Brady is my most hated player ever. But Vince does not get close to the love that Brady does.

Comment

I'm not a huge fan of the record as a starter, but clayton was asking how he was a winner. And just to clarify about the UT stuff, Vince won those games, I watched every single one, the defense didn't "hold us in there." Not even close.

And being a leader or heart of a team doesn't mean having great stats. It's just widely recognized that players love playing for Vince. They feel more confident when he's in the game.

And he also had 7 rushing TDs that first year, when a 3-13 team went 8-8 with a "not ready" rookie QB.

My beginning argument wasn't that Vince is a great player or even a good passer, but that he's more of a Pro Bowler than Carson, Orton and Sanchez. Yes I am a complete homer on Vince and UT, but regardless of that, the other players didn't do anything special this year. The Bengals had a good record, but Carson really only had 2 games where he was above average or made any real difference in the game (GB - 3TDs, 2 picks, and a thrashing on CHI with 5 TDs). Vince is going 1) because he's a fan favorite across the league 2) players will vote for Vince simply due to personality and 3) The Titans went from an 0-6 team with no identity to speak of to an 8-8 team who could compete with good teams.

And by the way, Tom Brady is my most hated player ever. But Vince does not get close to the love that Brady does.
                                I won't argue the UT career.

The touchdown that he ran for here in OT should have never happened. It was one of the plays that'll live in my mind forever. 3rd and long when VY scrambled there was a huge no call holding on Mario that would have negated the TD and set them out of field goal range. Ugh!

I don't know how playing for someone that turns it over so much can inspire so much confidence.

Anyways, you can make whatever arguments, but no player who only plays half a season deserves to go to the pro-bowl. Big Ben, Joe Flacco, Kyle Orton, and even David Garrard are more deserving. They played the whole season had better accuracy better TD/int ratios and higher QB ratings. If VY had played the whole season there's no guarantee that he would have done better or even matched those QB's production. The pro-bowl is a game that rewards individual accomplishments being well liked or having a personality or being on a team when it got hot should not constitute him going to Miami. I'm sorry, that just doesn't cut it.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information