Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'll preface this by saying that I am biased when it comes to Vince Young(Check the User name), but here is my opinion on VY in the NFL. I am a Texans fan-BTW.

The Titans lost when VY didn't start this year.

The Titans won(for the most part) when VY started this year.

A LOT of people don't consider VY a "good" QB.

So what. VY is a winner. 26-13 as a starter in the NFL.

Sure the Titans defense decided to show up and Chris Johnson decided to go BEAST mode on the NFL when VY took over, but why weren't the Titans winning before VY took over?

Sure VY is in a good situation when he has a defense that shows up to play and the best RB on the NFL on his team. Collins didn't win with that team and VY did.

There are A LOT of really talented QBs in the NFL that are on good teams that don't win.

I'll take a winner at QB over a super talented QB that can't find ways to win.

Stats are cool, but I prefer to win.
    Last edited by Texas Homer; 01-23-2010, 08:47 PM.

Comment

• Ok, I have a few questions.

Would any other Texan fan other than myself like to see the Texans pick up RB LT if San Diego releases him?

Any good OG's or WR's on the free agent market that the Texans could sign?

I wouldn't mind the Texans picking up vet CB Dre Bly if the 49's release him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Texas Homer View Post
        Ok, I have a few questions.

Would any other Texan fan other than myself like to see the Texans pick up RB LT if San Diego releases him?

Personally, I would love to see LT in Houston. He would be an upgrade over Chris Brown and he could also help out Slaton who obviously had his fair share of troubles on the field this year. He went to TCU and Ft. Worth is only about a 3 hour drive away so he would be close to home.

As far as WR's go I would rather us go for Arrelious Benn or Golden Tate in the first round but I doubt it would happen.
        Last edited by jayceheathman; 01-23-2010, 10:18 PM.

Comment

• Ya I'm sorry but I watched just about every UT game Vince played and trust me he wasn't riding anybody's coattails in Austin he was a man amongst boys, but that has nothing to do with the player he is in the NFL(I will concede this to Vince Young hes better than Kerry Collins haha). And unless we can get LT on the cheap i'm not interested, the last thing I want to see is a repeat of the Ahman Green debacle.

Comment

I'll preface this by saying that I am biased when it comes to Vince Young(Check the User name), but here is my opinion on VY in the NFL. I am a Texans fan-BTW.

The Titans lost when VY didn't start this year.

The Titans won(for the most part) when VY started this year.

A LOT of people don't consider VY a "good" QB.

So what. VY is a winner. 26-13 as a starter in the NFL.

Sure the Titans defense decided to show up and Chris Johnson decided to go BEAST mode on the NFL when VY took over, but why weren't the Titans winning before VY took over?

Sure VY is in a good situation when he has a defense that shows up to play and the best RB on the NFL on his team. Collins didn't win with that team and VY did.

There are A LOT of really talented QBs in the NFL that are on good teams that don't win.

I'll take a winner at QB over a super talented QB that can't find ways to win.

Stats are cool, but I prefer to win.
            Who are these talented QB's on good teams that don't win? And again posting the Titans record doesn't excuse how poorly and turnover prone VY has played for the majority of his career much less make him a good(unless the benchmark for a good QB is outplaying a 37 yr old Kerry Collins).

Comment

• Originally posted by datchapin View Post
              I won't argue the UT career.

The touchdown that he ran for here in OT should have never happened. It was one of the plays that'll live in my mind forever. 3rd and long when VY scrambled there was a huge no call holding on Mario that would have negated the TD and set them out of field goal range. Ugh!

I don't know how playing for someone that turns it over so much can inspire so much confidence.

Anyways, you can make whatever arguments, but no player who only plays half a season deserves to go to the pro-bowl. Big Ben, Joe Flacco, Kyle Orton, and even David Garrard are more deserving. They played the whole season had better accuracy better TD/int ratios and higher QB ratings. If VY had played the whole season there's no guarantee that he would have done better or even matched those QB's production. The pro-bowl is a game that rewards individual accomplishments being well liked or having a personality or being on a team when it got hot should not constitute him going to Miami. I'm sorry, that just doesn't cut it.
              I won't disagree with your argument, but the fact is that he's still going to the Pro Bowl. So clearly, the league, both players and coaches, as well as the fans want him there.

And I'm not in the locker room or at practice with the players, all I know is everyone who plays with him has said they feel like they always can win with him in there. Maybe its just cause in the Pros he's had Kerry Collins as the other QB, but players would rather have him under center.

Comment

• Clayton89, I don't really want to get into it on VY because I doubt either of us could change each others mind on the subject, but I hear what your saying.

On LT, I'd love to bring him back to Texas to play for the Texans if the Chargers dropped him, but yes I agree that it would have to be on the cheap.

Comment

• Originally posted by jayceheathman View Post
                  Personally, I would love to see LT in Houston. He would be an upgrade over Chris Brown and he could also help out Slaton who obviously had his fair share of troubles on the field this year. He went to TCU and Ft. Worth is only about a 3 hour drive away so he would be close to home.

As far as WR's go I would rather us go for Arrelious Benn or Golden Tate in the first round but I doubt it would happen.
                  I like Dez Bryant at WR as well.

Comment

• Hate him or love him, I think it's safe to say we all hate playing AGAINST Vince.

Back to Texans football... I'm surprised to see several people saying they would like to see us go for a WR in the first round. This seems to me like a luxury pick. I'm totally fine with our receiving corps, and the return of Owen Daniels should help our offensive red zone problems.

I'm hoping our first rounder goes towards an O or D lineman, CB, or S depending on who's available. I'd love if we could get Earl Thomas.

Comment

Ok, I have a few questions.

Mmmmm, not really. I'd rather see a Chester Taylor or Kevin Faulk. LT is on the wrong side of his career.

I think we're set at guard, where I would want to see the upgrade is at center. I'm sorry to inform, but Caldwell is being groomed for guard as well. WRs I think Malcolm Floyd Chris Chambers and Antonio Bryant. However I wouldn't pursue them unless we lost Kevin Walter. Even then we have a solid WR corp. A wr would be better picked up later in the draft.

Bly' is a UFA, I'd rather see us go after Leigh Bodden, Deshea Townsend, maybe Rod Hood or Nick Harper

Comment

• Taylor and Faulk arent exactly young either Ideally ya I would love some help in the secondary or across both lines but if the value isnt there were not such a great team where we can afford to pass up a superior talent at any position just to fill a need with a lesser player. I really hope they give Caldwell a shot at center for the simple fact that Myers simply is overwhelmed physically too often for me to be comfortable with him at that spot.

Comment

I like Dez Bryant at WR as well.
                          Dez Bryant would be awesome but whether or not he would fall to #20 would be up in the air. AJ and Bryant would be sick.

Comment

• Another thing about the Vince/Titans deal, is that Fishers system is what makes that team great. All Vince has to do is not make dumb mistakes and they will win, he would of been awful for us, and who would of wanted him now that we have one of the best in the league on our team.

On LT, i dont want to see us sign another old RB.

I think if we took Dez we would be wasting our first pick, we dont need WRs!!!!

Comment

• Willis McGahee would be another interesting RB that the Texans might be able to get on-the-cheap if the Ravens don't retain him.
                              Last edited by Texas Homer; 01-25-2010, 01:54 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by datchapin View Post
                                Mmmmm, not really. I'd rather see a Chester Taylor or Kevin Faulk. LT is on the wrong side of his career.

I think we're set at guard, where I would want to see the upgrade is at center. I'm sorry to inform, but Caldwell is being groomed for guard as well. WRs I think Malcolm Floyd Chris Chambers and Antonio Bryant. However I wouldn't pursue them unless we lost Kevin Walter. Even then we have a solid WR corp. A wr would be better picked up later in the draft.

Bly' is a UFA, I'd rather see us go after Leigh Bodden, Deshea Townsend, maybe Rod Hood or Nick Harper
                                I'm getting to the point where I hope the Texans take some risks in order to maybe reap some big rewards.

I'm most likely in the EXTREME MINORITY on this, but I wouldn't mind if the Texans tried to bring in a WR like Brandon Marshall or Terrell Owens(Yes that TO) if they become available.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information