This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Texas Homer View Post
    I'm getting to the point where I hope the Texans take some risks in order to maybe reap some big rewards.

I'm most likely in the EXTREME MINORITY on this, but I wouldn't mind if the Texans tried to bring in a WR like Brandon Marshall or Terrell Owens(Yes that TO) if they become available.
    Not sure why you want to bring in another WR. Marshall and Owens would not be happy with being the 3rd option behind Andre and OD. I would like another young RB to go along with Foster. Chester Taylor has run behind probably the best line in the league for sometime now, i dont think he would do well with our line. Faulk is old, and he is a product of the NE system.

Comment

• BTW... its pretty strange to have so many posts in the last few days on here haha..

Comment

• Its actually nice to have some action going on in this forum. We don't need receivers but the value of Dez Bryant at our pick is pretty outstanding so I wouldn't be too upset with that pick. I really am hoping we land Earl Thomas though he would be a great fit since we already have our in the box guy in Pollard(assuming we resign him oh god please do) and an athletic playmaker with good range on the back end would take some pressure off of our corners.

Comment

Willis McGahee would be another interesting RB that the Texans might be able to get on-the-cheap if the Ravens don't retain him.
          That I wouldn't mind. Willis still has plenty of gas left in the tank and is a mean runner with some big play potential. Hell I wouldn't mind him starting with Slaton spelling him since I really think were not utilizing Slaton to his full potential with just running him behind our line up the middle for 2 yd gains instead of getting him out in space. Unfortunately I think the coaching staff is pretty set on making Foster a big part of our running game next year which I don't have a problem with but who knows how good Arian can really be.

Comment

• I really doubt McGahee would come for cheap. He's got a massive contract right now that'll make him difficult for Baltimore to move.

Comment

• I would not want McGahee, he is not a upgrade at all!!! This guy has been an underachiever since he left Miami. He only had 4 games were he ran for over 50 yards, he had 3 games that went for negative yards. His one big game came against Oakland. He has that one big game at the end of the season and everyone jumps all over his nuts. He would be a huge waste of money even worse that Green was.

If we are going to spend money on free agents it has to be on defense. Wilfork would be an amazing signing, but im sure he will require more money than we will spend. Casey Hampton is also gonna be out there, but doubt that Pit will let him hit free agency.

Comment

• im sorry josh but please explain how hes not an upgrade over Chris Brown I mean im not expecting him to come in and be a superstar but hes a nice compliment to Slaton and like I said it all depends on what the pricetag would be. Wilfork would be great but hes gonna cost an arm and a leg.

Comment

• Originally posted by Clayton89 View Post
                  im sorry josh but please explain how hes not an upgrade over Chris Brown I mean im not expecting him to come in and be a superstar but hes a nice compliment to Slaton and like I said it all depends on what the pricetag would be. Wilfork would be great but hes gonna cost an arm and a leg.
                  I dont think Brown will even be in the mix next year. I think we will go Foster, Slaton, and a rookie. I would not take him over that. Unless Andre can get him to run like he did when they were Miami, i wouldnt want him. I dont think Moats will be a factor, i mean problem anymore either.

BTW Knapp was a really good pick up...

Comment

• Originally posted by jjmt2500 View Post
                    Not sure why you want to bring in another WR. Marshall and Owens would not be happy with being the 3rd option behind Andre and OD. I would like another young RB to go along with Foster. Chester Taylor has run behind probably the best line in the league for sometime now, i dont think he would do well with our line. Faulk is old, and he is a product of the NE system.
                    You are right about Marshall and Owens. I was just thinking out loud and I didn't really think it through.

Comment

• Originally posted by Clayton89 View Post
                      Its actually nice to have some action going on in this forum. We don't need receivers but the value of Dez Bryant at our pick is pretty outstanding so I wouldn't be too upset with that pick. I really am hoping we land Earl Thomas though he would be a great fit since we already have our in the box guy in Pollard(assuming we resign him oh god please do) and an athletic playmaker with good range on the back end would take some pressure off of our corners.
                      I agree with you in hoping the Texans land Thomas. I'm just saying if Thomas is gone when Houston picks and if somehow Dez Bryant is still available, then Dez might be too good to pass up at the spot.

Comment

• Originally posted by jjmt2500 View Post
                        I would not want McGahee, he is not a upgrade at all!!! This guy has been an underachiever since he left Miami. He only had 4 games were he ran for over 50 yards, he had 3 games that went for negative yards. His one big game came against Oakland. He has that one big game at the end of the season and everyone jumps all over his nuts. He would be a huge waste of money even worse that Green was.

If we are going to spend money on free agents it has to be on defense. Wilfork would be an amazing signing, but im sure he will require more money than we will spend. Casey Hampton is also gonna be out there, but doubt that Pit will let him hit free agency.
                        DT/NT Shaun Rogers might be available too if the Browns cut him.

Just a thought, but what if the Jets cut OG Alan Faneca? Would he be worth it at this point in his career? Would he give Houston a home town discount?

Comment

DT/NT Shaun Rogers might be available too if the Browns cut him.

Just a thought, but what if the Jets cut OG Alan Faneca? Would he be worth it at this point in his career? Would he give Houston a home town discount?
                          Any help we can get at guard would be worth the money... Rogers would be an amazing pick up...

Comment

• Am I on the right forum? J/K JJMT said it, it's strange to see this much activity. It's cool, I like it.

On the RB talk. I mentioned Taylor and Faulk because right now they are scheduled to be UFA's and don't have a history of injuries. I favor Taylor because I think he ran tough in Baltimore and was he not behind AP would be showcasing more. With LT and McGahee, remember this is an uncapped yr. so players with big contracts probably won't count against the cap this yr. Regardless McGahee has underperformed and LT's injury history worries me. I expect Slaton and Foster to be the feature backs and Moats to be here until he's beaten out. I'm sorry, but I just don't have that much faith in this coaching staff to really address the position. Which pisses me off.

There's some talk about guard, I could be wrong, I actually think that's our strongest position on the line. Hmmm, I mean depth wise. Briesel, Studdard and until further notice Caldwell. Pitts is set to become a free agent. According to John McClain the analist not the reporter he won't be brought back. What do you all think of that? I think he'll be back, coming off an injury and being an original Texan I really don't see us not keeping him.

I think C is the position on the line that needs the most upgrade. Kevin Mawae is an UFA and I would love to stick to the Titans and sign him away, unfortunately I think A. Smiths elbow to his side.(which was AWESOME.) will keep him away. Another option is Seth McKinney, Steve's little bro. However I think we pick up someone to groom in the second day. I don't really like Myers, but Kubiak has been developing tendencies to sticking to his guys even after he shouldn't.

Comment

• Do you guys honestly think Dez Bryant would be there when we pick? I mean, the guy looks like the best playmaker on the offensive side of the ball. I can't really see him falling out of the top ten, am I missing something? Is there a reason he might last that long?

Comment

• With Kris Brown more than likely gone, i dont see any way we dont resign Pitts. You know McNair loves having the original Texans around. Do i want him back??? I guess so, for what ever reason Kubs does not want to use Caldwell, i do like Studdard, but other than him, i really dont like our guard situation.

Its looking like Rolle from Arizona is not going to take a pay cut, he is due to make 12 mil this next year, so he will be a free agent. Wouldnt that be nice to have Pollard and Rolle. Then we wouldnt have to worry about drafting a safety.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information