Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Houston Texans Discussion

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • And another free agent i would love to see come here would be Vanden Bosch. I know it wont happen because of the Smith signing last year, but if we move smith inside and bring in VB, that would be nice. I absolutly hate the guy, but its out of respect cause i hate when we play against him.

    I know we talk about all these dream signings that arent gonna happen, but its OK to dream haha. I actually get nervous when free agency comes around cause we do such a bad job of it. We do much better in the draft.

    Comment


    • I'd definitely take Kevin Mawae or Seth McKinney, but I agree that Mawae may be unlikely(Who knows?).

      I'd LOVE to have Rolle, but at 12 million+ that would be pretty steep.

      I wonder if the Texans might move Caldwell to Center and draft an OG in the middle rounds.

      Chris Taylor has Houston ties so I wouldn't be surprised if there was some interest there.

      I wouldn't be surprised if the Texans resigned Pitts either.
      Last edited by Texas Homer; 01-30-2010, 11:33 AM.

      Comment


      • Matt Schaub Pro Bowl MVP!!!!!
        **************************

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Texas Homer View Post
          I'd definitely take Kevin Mawae or Seth McKinney, but I agree that Mawae may be unlikely(Who knows?).

          I'd LOVE to have Rolle, but at 12 million+ that would be pretty steep.

          I wonder if the Texans might move Caldwell to Center and draft an OG in the middle rounds.

          Chris Taylor has Houston ties so I wouldn't be surprised if there was some interest there.

          I wouldn't be surprised if the Texans resigned Pitts either.
          Seth McKinney? Dude, WTF is wrong with you?

          Comment


          • Congrats to Schaub!!!! OH and what a performance by Vince Young, 6-12 for 47 yards, and 1 int, yeah he sure was deserving of a spot on the team. I guess the AFC won because we had the "winner" VY on our side.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by BuffaloBillsFan View Post
              Seth McKinney? Dude, WTF is wrong with you?
              What am I missing?

              Congrats to Schaub-BTW.

              I thought Mario and AJ played pretty solid as well in the Pro Bowl as well.

              I know that this has been mentioned before, but would y'all trade a 2nd Round pick for KC DT Glenn Dorsey if KC put him on the market?
              Last edited by Texas Homer; 02-01-2010, 11:43 PM.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Texas Homer View Post
                What am I missing?

                Congrats to Schaub-BTW.

                I thought Mario and AJ played pretty solid as well in the Pro Bowl as well.

                I know that this has been mentioned before, but would y'all trade a 2nd Round pick for KC DT Glenn Dorsey if KC put him on the market?
                I would definitely trade a 3rd rounder for Dorsey, a 2nd seems a bit high for a guy they don't really value all that much... He just doesn't really fit well in a 3-4 defense, I think he could be quite good as a 4-3 DT.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Texas Homer View Post
                  What am I missing?

                  Congrats to Schaub-BTW.

                  I thought Mario and AJ played pretty solid as well in the Pro Bowl as well.

                  I know that this has been mentioned before, but would y'all trade a 2nd Round pick for KC DT Glenn Dorsey if KC put him on the market?
                  I dont like the idea of us trading draft picks though, also Dorsey would need to take a pay cut, he has shown he is not worth his rookie contract. But if we could get him at a lesser cost, it would be worth a try.

                  Comment


                  • I'm not really sure what to make of this. Kubiaks been signed to an extension through 2012. I'm not feeling to well, these news didn't really do much to help.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by datchapin View Post
                      I'm not really sure what to make of this. Kubiaks been signed to an extension through 2012. I'm not feeling to well, these news didn't really do much to help.
                      Well I guess the FO really likes what he does. Continuity is a good thing in our situation. He can build upon the first winning season.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by America View Post
                        Well I guess the FO really likes what he does. Continuity is a good thing in our situation. He can build upon the first winning season.
                        I guess, I've had contentions against Kubes since his first season here. The season that just finished I felt we underachieved. It's frustrating because as a coach Kubiak hasn't shown any growth. He still makes bad decisions on gameday he still doesn't have his squad ready to play. I understand players making mistakes, but c'mon Kubiaks done it on too much of a consistent basis. That he can't really watch critical plays is one of the worst things I can think of for a head coach to do. It's just hard to stomach, for the longest time I've invested alot into this team. This coming season I need to find something else to do, I really can't see myself cheering for other teams, but I don't think another season of being as heavily invested in the Texans can be good for my health.

                        McNair doing this just disillusioned me. Kubiak should have earned his extension. This reminds me of when he extended Carr, at that time I was okay with it, but now see it was probably a mistake. Next yr. if Kubiak fails then it will be like the Carr situation all over again. It just frustrates me because I know this team is capable of so much more.

                        On the bright side coaches money doesn't count against the cap.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by datchapin View Post
                          I guess, I've had contentions against Kubes since his first season here. The season that just finished I felt we underachieved. It's frustrating because as a coach Kubiak hasn't shown any growth. He still makes bad decisions on gameday he still doesn't have his squad ready to play. I understand players making mistakes, but c'mon Kubiaks done it on too much of a consistent basis. That he can't really watch critical plays is one of the worst things I can think of for a head coach to do. It's just hard to stomach, for the longest time I've invested alot into this team. This coming season I need to find something else to do, I really can't see myself cheering for other teams, but I don't think another season of being as heavily invested in the Texans can be good for my health.

                          McNair doing this just disillusioned me. Kubiak should have earned his extension. This reminds me of when he extended Carr, at that time I was okay with it, but now see it was probably a mistake. Next yr. if Kubiak fails then it will be like the Carr situation all over again. It just frustrates me because I know this team is capable of so much more.

                          On the bright side coaches money doesn't count against the cap.
                          For the most part I agree with what you are saying. But im ok with the extension. We were a few fumbles and a few kicks away from having a very impressive season. I feel as long as we are not going backwards we hold onto Kubs. Also Kubs has done an excellent job in developing Schaub. Now Kubs has the coaching staff he wanted all along, so im excited to see what he can do next season.

                          Now that Kubs has been takin care of, PLEASE lets get Ryans, OD, and Pollard wrapped up.

                          Comment


                          • 1-It is never a bad idea to draft an OL, IMO. But not my first choice.
                            2-I think DL is the way to go. Other needs, sure. But Mario is the only DL on this team I would fear as an opponent.
                            3-I am done with bringing in old runningbacks. I don't think the risk/reward is worth it. Good runningbacks are always available in the draft.
                            4-I wouldn't take TO for love or money.
                            5-DB sounds great, except I think that fixing the DL would make our DB's better.
                            6-Not against drafting a WR early, but DL is far and away my first choice.
                            I published my first book. Available in ebook or paperback! Check it out!!!

                            http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/afte...man/1114044540

                            Comment


                            • I was surprised by Kubiak's extension, but I guess I'm fine with it(not that it matters). Hopefully next season the Texans take the next step and make the playoffs.

                              Comment


                              • Well so much for those few days where everyone was posting, back to normal I guess.

                                Heres is some of our free agents by position and if I think we should keep them or not.
                                QB: Grossman, only if he comes cheap and we cut Orlovsky.

                                RB: Brown, HELL NO. Moats, nope.

                                WR: Walter, this one is tough, he had a down year but it was due to not seeing any balls come his way, not sure if its on him not getting open or Schaub just not looking his way, I would like to keep him even though I think Jacoby is sneaking into the number 2 spot.

                                TE: OD, of course resign him.

                                OT: Rashad Butler, I would keep him, he played well when needed.

                                G: Pitts, Im up and down on this one, I think Studdard is the better of the two so i wouldnt be upset if he left. Brisiel, needs to go.

                                DT: Deljuan Robinson, let him go, we have enough bad DTs.

                                LB: Ryans, of course resign. Chaun Thompson, who cares.

                                CB: Dunta, gotta go.

                                S: Pollard, RESIGN!!!

                                P: Turk, if he wants to play another year i would like to have him back.

                                I didnt include who was to be a RFA because not sure how that is going to work with the the whole no salary cap deal, supposedly it would make a lot of free agents RFAs. I believe that Ryans and OD would become RFAs which would be good for us.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information