X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good post.

Why wouldn't you want to resign Dunta?

I'd like to keep Walter and Pitts as well.

I agree on only keeping one of Grossman/Orlovsky.

Agree on Brown and Moats, but I'd still like to see the Texans try and bring in LT if they could get him cheap.

Comment

• Originally posted by Texas Homer View Post
      Good post.

Agree on Brown and Moats, but I'd still like to see the Texans try and bring in LT if they could get him cheap.
      Dunta got beat a lot last year. He didnt tackle well and he was a distraction with the contract crap and his shoes. I believe he is gonna want a lot more than he is worth again, we already have one over paid corner, Reeves, we dont need 2. Im perfectly fine with Quinn and Reeves starting if we cant find anyone else.

Comment

Good post.

Agreed with the above post, Dunta got abused for most of the season.

The thing with LT is he's not gonna come cheap. He's not totally washed up yet, and is used to pretty sizable contracts. Picking up marquee free agents just isn't a habit with the Texans, so while I'd like to see LT as a Texan, I don't think it's gonna happen.

Comment

• Kubiak already closed the door on LT. On a positive note, he also pretty much closed the door on Chris Brown.

Comment

• Originally posted by America View Post
            Kubiak already closed the door on LT. On a positive note, he also pretty much closed the door on Chris Brown.
            Im glad to hear the door is closed on both of them.

Comment

Kubiak already closed the door on LT. On a positive note, he also pretty much closed the door on Chris Brown.
              What happened, I didn't hear anything about that. C. Brown getting the door closed on him, nice.

Comment

• What I worry about is our willingness to sign our guys. With the uncapped yr. and no idea of how a new salary cap would work Smith has the excuse of not signing anyone long term because of no cap to work with. He had all season and there was no talk of him trying to negotiate with any of our guys.

The thing that worries me is that our guys aren't obligated to sign the tenders and could sit out much longer. The league won't fine them until I think like the 4th week for rooks and I'm not sure on vets. If the team fined them things could get ugly. The whole salary cap crap is getting tired, but how the teams specially the Texans manuever is gonna be of great interest.

I hope Smith grabs his nuts and gives out long term deals to those who deserve it. I would be greatly dissappointed if we just tendered our guys.

Comment

• Originally posted by datchapin View Post

I hope Smith gives out long term deals to those who deserve it.
                  Me too.

Any potential Free Agents or recently/soon-to-be cut players out there that might be worth looking at?

Comment

• It really shows you how far the Texans have come when there is a guy like Karlos Dansby that is going to be a free agent and I dont want him because of the group of linebackers we already have. I wouldnt mind seeing us spend some money on a DT or a CB though. I wonder how much longer Amobi has before the coaches give up on him. I realize he is still young, but he doesnt have the nastiness needed to be a really good DT.

Comment

• Isn't Derrick Johnson a FA? He lost his starting spot and he could come cheap. I was so pissed when the Texans passed on him for Travis Johnson.

Comment

Isn't Derrick Johnson a FA? He lost his starting spot and he could come cheap. I was so pissed when the Texans passed on him for Travis Johnson.
                        yeah but why would you want to break up our starting group of linebackers?? And i agree about the passing on him for Travis.

Comment

• Well it's not like Zac Diles and Adibi are great players. They both have limitations. DJ is a good strongside backer and he'd complete a great LB core. With him over the TE, Cushing could be free to blitz or have less trash to move through going to the ballcarrier.

Comment

• I think LB Derrick Johnson is a Restricted Free Agent. I'm not sure exactly what that means especially with possibly no new labor agreement/uncapped year. I'm a BIG Derrick Johnson fan too and I think that he would fit in really well in Houston.

The thing is,what about Zach Diles? Diles is a pretty good/solid player. Would you trade Diles? As much as I like Johnson, I think I'm with jjmt2500. I don't want to mess with our starting core LB'ers.

I read a Rochester newspaper article that the Bills may look to trade RB Marshawn Lynch. I'd be interested in that for a 3rd round pick.
                            Last edited by Texas Homer; 02-15-2010, 08:09 PM.

Comment

I think LB Derrick Johnson is a Restricted Free Agent. I'm sure exactly what that means especially with possibly no new labor agreement/uncapped year. I'm a BIG Derrick Johnson fan too and I think that he would fit in really well in Houston.

The thing is,what about Zach Diles? Diles is a pretty good/solid player. Would you trade Diles? As much as I like Johnson, I think I'm with jjmt2500. I don't want to mess with our starting core LB'ers.

I read a Rochester newspaper article that the Bills may look to trade RB Marshawn Lynch. I'd be interested in that for a 3rd round pick.
                              I'm a big fan of Marshawn. I think he could flourish here and a 3rd is definitely worth it.

Comment

• Agreed on Adibi, but I like Diles alot. His name gets lost playing next to Ryans and Cush, but he is consistantly good.

Lynch is a good runner but a bad dude. As nice as it would be to have him, i dont see the Texans making the move because of his character issues. We passed on LJ because of this and Lynch is much worse than LJ. But if he could clean up his act and the Bills would take a 3rd, im with you i would like to have him. One thing over the last few years is that a lot of solid running backs have been coming out of the draft. I think that hurts RBs that have been in the league for a while with getting signed to a new team.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information