Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I heard Center Kevin Mawae may enter the free agent market. I'd LOVE to get him on the Texans.

Comment

• Originally posted by Texas Homer View Post
      I heard Center Kevin Mawae may enter the free agent market. I'd LOVE to get him on the Texans.
      that would be a HUGE upgrade.

Comment

• Originally posted by jjmt2500 View Post
        that would be a HUGE upgrade.
        Understatement.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWLP2cOxXEM

He's not a bad dude. He's a hero.

Comment

• Texans need to kick it into BEASHT MODE. Marshawn all the way. If we can get him for a third I'd love the move. I still really like Slaton in spite of his fumbling though, maybe if he was paired with a talented reliable back it would be a better role for him.

Comment

• Next season if we dont make a RB move, i would rather see Foster start over Slaton.

Supposedly San Diego wants to trade Cromartie for a RB. Wouldnt that be nice if they would take Slaton for him. I know that Cromartie had a down year but so did Slaton. I think Cromarite would be a upgrade, even after a down year, which is sad.

Comment

• I got the Texans in RC's forum mock. This is what I did thus far.

20. Houston Texans - Taylor Mays, S, USC
              44. Houston Texans (f/MIA) - Jerry Hughes, DE, TCU
              83. Houston Texans - Geno Atkins, DT, Georgia

Houston Texans Get RB Julius Jones
              Seattle Seahawks Get Pick 147
              Stafford Sig by touchdownrams the rest of the sig by Sig Master Bone Krusher Avy by King of all avys renji

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Originally posted by njx9
              oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.

Comment

• Okay, okay, okay -that aint a bad draft at all. I probably would not have taken those guys, but I have no way of knowing who was available. Could have been a lot worse. I would take that for sure.

A few other comments-I would sign Derrick Johnson in a heartbeat. I understand not wanting to mess up what we have a LB corp, but competition is usually good. He has the physical talent.

Also-way to early to give up on Okoye. I have seen people talking about him not producing yet?!?!?!?! Unless I am wrong, most players havent even been drafted yet considering how old he is. Is he not under 23 yoa? Come on...some players don't blossom until 25. I am not saying he is a sure thing yet, but when you draft a 19 yoa kid, you have to give him some slack. For anyone that thought they would have a pro bowl defensive tackle by the time he was 21-shame on you!!! Give him a break!!!!!

One last thing-no Marshawn Lynch. Please!!!! There are plenty of young faces in this draft that could be given a chance, and they will take WAY less money. I wasn't high on him coming out of college, so I am obviously prejudice against him in that aspect. But what is his greatest achievement so far? Go through his stats for me and pick out his most impressive one. I feel like he has been given every chance, and I, for one, have not been impressed.

Fix Slayton's fumble problem (which has been done with other running backs in the past I might add) and you have your work horse and play maker. Please don't forget what he did as a rookie! Everyone was sining his praises then, and that wasn't that long ago!
                I published my first book. Available in ebook or paperback! Check it out!!!

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/afte...man/1114044540

Comment

• One correction-I just realized the Julius Jones trade. Not bad where you had him traded at. But as far as I am concerned he will never be anything to get excited about.
                  I published my first book. Available in ebook or paperback! Check it out!!!

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/afte...man/1114044540

Comment

• I'd take Lynch, but I think it unlikely.

Portis could be released in Washington and I think he has good years left in him, but we will see.

There probably will be a lot of good RB's available in the Free Agent market, but like a few of you have said, the Texans will probably just end up getting a RB through the draft.

I'd like to get Cromartie too as the poster above mentioned, but I'll be honest, I wouldn't want to give up much for him.

I know that we need to pay Dunta and OD, but I'd still like to see the Texans sign a few good players via free agency.
                    Last edited by Texas Homer; 02-18-2010, 01:41 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by HEISMANHERSCHEL View Post
                      Okay, okay, okay -that aint a bad draft at all. I probably would not have taken those guys, but I have no way of knowing who was available. Could have been a lot worse. I would take that for sure.

A few other comments-I would sign Derrick Johnson in a heartbeat. I understand not wanting to mess up what we have a LB corp, but competition is usually good. He has the physical talent.

Also-way to early to give up on Okoye. I have seen people talking about him not producing yet?!?!?!?! Unless I am wrong, most players havent even been drafted yet considering how old he is. Is he not under 23 yoa? Come on...some players don't blossom until 25. I am not saying he is a sure thing yet, but when you draft a 19 yoa kid, you have to give him some slack. For anyone that thought they would have a pro bowl defensive tackle by the time he was 21-shame on you!!! Give him a break!!!!!

One last thing-no Marshawn Lynch. Please!!!! There are plenty of young faces in this draft that could be given a chance, and they will take WAY less money. I wasn't high on him coming out of college, so I am obviously prejudice against him in that aspect. But what is his greatest achievement so far? Go through his stats for me and pick out his most impressive one. I feel like he has been given every chance, and I, for one, have not been impressed.

Fix Slayton's fumble problem (which has been done with other running backs in the past I might add) and you have your work horse and play maker. Please don't forget what he did as a rookie! Everyone was sining his praises then, and that wasn't that long ago!
                      http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38375
                      http://draftcountdown.com/forum/show...2&#post2021032
                      ^ selection order

I was offered Lynch for a 2011 2nd but declined. If we were doing FA I would have went after Chester Taylor.

I don't think people are giving up on Okoye more not giving Shaun Cody a chance.

Tiki Barber comes to mind.
                      Stafford Sig by touchdownrams the rest of the sig by Sig Master Bone Krusher Avy by King of all avys renji

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Comment

• We gave Cody a chance, he is a solid backup, not a starter. Amobi has had 2.5 sacks in 2 years, I dont care how old he is, that is bad.

Comment

• still need a Texans GM for a forum mock thing:

http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38839

post here to join

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
                          - No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
                          - Corner or Wideout in the first
                          - No reaching
                          - No Kelvin Benjamin

Comment

• Rick Smith is gonna let Dunta hit free agency. So its very safe to say that he will no longer be a Texan.

Comment

• Originally posted by jjmt2500 View Post
                              Rick Smith is gonna let Dunta hit free agency. So its very safe to say that he will no longer be a Texan.
                              That is assuming someone wants him... He's gonna have to take a pay cut no way around it.

Comment

• 20. Houston Texans - Taylor Mays, S, USC
                                44. Houston Texans (f/MIA) - Jerry Hughes, DE, TCU
                                83. Houston Texans - Geno Atkins, DT, Georgia
                                179. Houston Texans - Stafon Johnson, RB, USC
                                211. Houston Texans - Walter McFadden, CB, Auburn

5th traded for Julius Jones

Did I win.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information