Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Depth Chart for upcoming season

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Depth Chart for upcoming season

    Offense:

    WR- Andre Johnson, David Anderson

    LT- Charles Spencer, Jordan Black, Ephraim Salaam

    LG- Chester Pitts, Kasey Studdard

    C- Mike Flanagan, Steve McKinney, Drew Hodgdon

    RG- Fred Weary, Steve McKinney, Kasey Studdard

    RT- Eric Winston, Ephraim Salaam, Brandon Frye

    TE- Owen Daniels, Mark Bruener, Jeb Putzier

    WR- Jacoby Jones, Kevin Walter, Jerome Mathis

    QB- Matt Schaub, Sage Rosenfels, Jared Zabransky

    RB- Ahman Green, Ron Dayne, Wali Lundy

    FB- Vonta Leach

    Total: 26

    Defense:

    DE- Mario Williams, Jason Babin

    DT- Amobi Okoye, Travis Johnson

    NT- Anthony Maddox, Jeff Zgonina

    DE- Anthony Weaver, ND Kalu

    SLB- Shantee Orr, Charlie Anderson

    MLB- Demeco Ryans, Danny Clark, Zach Diles

    WLB- Morlon Greenwood, Shawn Barber, Zach Diles

    CB- Dunta Robinson, Dexter McCleon, Dexter Wynn

    CB- Fred Bennett, Petey Faggins

    Nickel CB- Jamar Fletcher

    SS- Glenn Earl, Brandon Harrison

    FS- CC Brown, Jason Simmons

    Total: 51

    Special Teams:

    K- Kris Brown

    P- Chad Stanley

    Total: 53

    It was tough to make cuts to make it to 53, which I find to be a very good thing. We have a lot of good players, and our roster is looking pretty solid. Safety is still a concern, but I like what our D-Line looks like. Jason Babin I have always felt would be much more effective as a rotational pass-rusher. Maddox looked very good last season from what I saw. But the real question is where should we play Amobi Okoye? He seems capable of playing either NT or UT. We could utilize his strength and run stuffing ability at NT, but he is probably our best pass-rushing DT so I see UT as more likely.

    Because of the amount of MLB's I see us keeping Diles might want to make the transition to SLB, which I think he is capable of.

    I put Barber ahead of Wong because I think we may utilize Barber and play him more on obvious pass plays because he is great in coverage, and is a good nickel LB.

    I'm optimistic about Fred Bennett, I really think he could become a starter this season for us.

    Overall we still have some question marks: WR depth, interior offensive line, both safety spots.

    But we still have areas where we are quite strong: RB depth, TE depth, defensive line, LB depth, CB's, and FB the beast Vonta Leach.
    Last edited by cunningham06; 05-19-2007, 06:14 PM.

  • #2
    Nice job...I dont think they would keep 10 LB's on the roster. To be honest, they needs guys who are versatile and can play more than one positions. Thats why NE is so good, (but thats for another time). I think they should take 3 QB's, just to be safe. You could add Jared Zabransky in there. I think the RB seems to look a little better if they can stay healthy, and on paper, I dont think the OL looks that bad. DB's look god as well, I like the Fred Bennet pick opposite Dunta Robinson.

    Good job overall.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Billingsley26 View Post
      Nice job...I dont think they would keep 10 LB's on the roster. To be honest, they needs guys who are versatile and can play more than one positions. Thats why NE is so good, (but thats for another time). I think they should take 3 QB's, just to be safe. You could add Jared Zabransky in there. I think the RB seems to look a little better if they can stay healthy, and on paper, I dont think the OL looks that bad. DB's look god as well, I like the Fred Bennet pick opposite Dunta Robinson.

      Good job overall.
      This was pre Zabransky so I'll put him on there. I didn't have us keeping 10 LB's, but 9. I had Zach Diles listed as a backup for MLB and SLB. Reexamining the position though I doubt he makes the team. LB is one of the main areas where we have a lot of solid players, so I see us keeping around 8. I don't want us to be like the Patriots, I hate the Patriots.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by cunningham06 View Post
        This was pre Zabransky so I'll put him on there. I didn't have us keeping 10 LB's, but 9. I had Zach Diles listed as a backup for MLB and SLB. Reexamining the position though I doubt he makes the team. LB is one of the main areas where we have a lot of solid players, so I see us keeping around 8. I don't want us to be like the Patriots, I hate the Patriots.
        HAHA, they are one of the best teams tho. I just like having less, but more versatile backups at a position like LB. That way you can use more depth at a position like WR, RB or DB. This was a good job tho.

        Comment


        • #5
          Well you can take Wong off the depth chart since he won't be returning next year.

          Comment


          • #6
            Word to the above post. And I'd be surprised if both Polk and Rainer are kept on the roster. It's possible both are let go cause Danny Clark is a perfectly capable MLB. And Charlie Anderson will probably make the roster as well, especially now with Wong out. I thought last year he was in contention for the starting SLB spot. Orr didn't play very well and was hardly ever in on the play.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by America View Post
              Word to the above post. And I'd be surprised if both Polk and Rainer are kept on the roster. It's possible both are let go cause Danny Clark is a perfectly capable MLB. And Charlie Anderson will probably make the roster as well, especially now with Wong out. I thought last year he was in contention for the starting SLB spot. Orr didn't play very well and was hardly ever in on the play.
              Between Polk and Rainer I prefer Rainer, so I'll take out Polk. I like Danny Clark as a backup but his coverage skills suck so I'll stick him behind Demeco. Anderson I'll stick in there as well. Orr gets the starting slot right now but once training camp starts I'll change it if necessary.

              Comment


              • #8
                Another thing that we need to discuss. Morlon Greenwood vs. Shawn Barber for WLB. Shawn Barber when he's healthy is IMO the superior player. Morlon is good and fills in well against the run but Barber is much better in coverage and is good at blitzing the qb. I wouldn't be surprised to see Barber supplant Morlon on the roster for starting WLB, but what do you guys think?

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by America View Post
                  Word to the above post. And I'd be surprised if both Polk and Rainer are kept on the roster.
                  neither are on the roster as of now...the roster on the main page is outdated, but both were released a while back...

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by cunningham06 View Post
                    Another thing that we need to discuss. Morlon Greenwood vs. Shawn Barber for WLB. Shawn Barber when he's healthy is IMO the superior player. Morlon is good and fills in well against the run but Barber is much better in coverage and is good at blitzing the qb. I wouldn't be surprised to see Barber supplant Morlon on the roster for starting WLB, but what do you guys think?
                    I'd still take Greenwood. I know you love Barber cause he's a former Eagle and all but Greenwood, although not as good in coverage, is still a better player. He's athletic, pretty good in coverage, and plays the run well. The reason we brought him here was cause he was fast, and could move around and cover the TE. Barber would be best used as a Nickel LB.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Ya I agree with the above post. I like Greenwood and I thought he played pretty well last year. Barber was solid as well. I wouldnt be surprised at all, if we saw Greenwood in on 1st and 2nd or running downs, and Barber in on passing downs.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X

                      Debug Information