Next years draft?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by VY10 View Post
    We don't have a second round pick right? That is really a shame because we could probably grab a good receiver in the second.
    Thats correct. I think we are going to have one more season of having a high pick and then in 2008-2009 I think we will be able to compete for the playoffs. I still would love to see Calaias Cambell in a Texans jersey if he keeps up what he started as a sophomore.

Comment

How about Barry Richardson with the 22nd pick? Or maybe Justin King @ 19.

Comment

Offense Top 5 Pick: Darren McFadden
        Offense Top 15 Pick: Desean Jackson or OT (Long, Baker, Hills Jr.)

Defense: Kenny Phillips

Comment

Originally posted by Gchu83 View Post
          Offense Top 5 Pick: Darren McFadden
          Offense Top 15 Pick: Desean Jackson or OT (Long, Baker, Hills Jr.)

Defense: Kenny Phillips
          I would love to see any of those players on our team except one of the OT's. It just doesnt look like a strong year for left tackles. Out of the players you named, our biggest need is by far Kenny Phillips. Our secondary is horrible. I still think we should finish what we started and pick a DL for the 5th straight year with either Dorsey or Cambell. Babin and Johnson suck and hopefully everyone knows it.

Oh yeah, I thought it was funny when I picked up Dupont Registry and Jason Babin's massive Excursion is in there and he is selling it for like $65,000

Comment

I wouldn't take babin's excursion for free because it would probably suck like him

Comment

Originally posted by VY10 View Post
              I wouldn't take babin's excursion for free because it would probably suck like him
              Sadly Babin was our sack leader last year. How were we so bad.

Comment

Originally posted by America View Post
                Sadly Babin was our sack leader last year. How were we so bad.
                Damn you Casserly!

Comment

Anyone read the article on Jacoby Jones this mornin in the paper?

Comment

I did. I really like him a lot more now after reading it, especially the part about him wearing his saints uniform to church. I hope that he will be able to progress as quickly in the Pros as he was in college.

Comment

First I don't think that Houston will be picking in the top 10. I would like to see Houston draft a running back in the first round because Ahman Green is too injury prone or maybe a Safety.

1st RD. Steve Slaton - RB West Virginia

Comment

Let's bring this topic back up now that we have a game under our belts.

IMO, we still need to address the line. That's been our biggest need since the Garfield administration.

Needs:
                        1. OT
                        2. S (but maybe Boulware steps up and we don't have to worry about this)
                        3. RB
                        4. CB (will Bennett step up? Will Faggins prove that he deserves to be a starter in the NFL? Fletcher's a great nickel, but will he ever be anything else?)

On that note, here's my wish list:
                        1. Sam Baker, OT (I've said it several times--- I'm anything but a draft guru. But I read somewhere that Baker's a better pass-blocker while Long's more of a mauler, so I'll go with Baker.)
                        2. Jake Long, OT (See above)
                        3. Darren McFadden, RB
                        4. Gosder Cherilus, OT
                        5. Kenny Phillips, S

Comment

Originally posted by big daddy russ View Post
                          Let's bring this topic back up now that we have a game under our belts.

IMO, we still need to address the line. That's been our biggest need since the Garfield administration.

Needs:
                          1. OT
                          2. S (but maybe Boulware steps up and we don't have to worry about this)
                          3. RB
                          4. CB (will Bennett step up? Will Faggins prove that he deserves to be a starter in the NFL? Fletcher's a great nickel, but will he ever be anything else?)

On that note, here's my wish list:
                          1. Sam Baker, OT (I've said it several times--- I'm anything but a draft guru. But I read somewhere that Baker's a better pass-blocker while Long's more of a mauler, so I'll go with Baker.)
                          2. Jake Long, OT (See above)
                          3. Darren McFadden, RB
                          4. Gosder Cherilus, OT
                          5. Kenny Phillips, S
                          My wish list would be

1. Kenny Phillips
                          2. Tommy Blake
                          3. Calais Cambell
                          4. Glen Dorsey
                          5. DeSean Jackson
                          6. Darren McFadden
                          7. Baker/Long

I really want to a see a DL of Mario Williams, Omobi Okoye, and Tommy Blake. That would be awesome. I'm a big Tommy Blake fan now after that UT game. He went up against a great OL and did pretty well. The play that made me a believer was when Jamaal Charles was running full speed near the goal line and Tommy Blake was standing there and caught Charles and then dropped him on his ass....By the way, thats a sweet sig.

Comment

My Wish list.

1. Steve Slaton - RB
                            2. Desean Jackson - WR
                            3. Terrell Thomas - CB
                            4. Kenny Phillips - S
                            5. James Davis - RB

Comment

Wishlist-
                              1. D. McFadden RB ARK
                              2. J. Long OT MICH
                              3. S. Baker OT USC
                              4. K. Phillips S MIA
                              5. M. Jenkins CB OSU

That's the top 5, there are some others like Stewart and Jackson who'd be nice, but any of those top 5 would make me VERY happy.

Comment

We clearly need a CB, S, and RB. I think Kubes can manage without another premier receiver. Schaub had a solid game without Dre and Jones. We need a good running game though. AKA a really explosive back so Ron Dayne doesn't have to play. But our pass defense hasn't been anywhere close to go since Glenn left. There are a bunch of solid mid-late 1st round corners in the draft. A Safety would be sweet too, but Kenny Phillips is the only really great one. The rest are rather unproven as of now.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information