Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Next years draft?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Next years draft?

    Anybody have a wishlist? I'm gonna be honest and assume we have a top 16 pick, most likely around this years pick, maybe even a little better. Here are some scenario's.

    Top 5 pick - I hope not but it's possible.
    Darren McFadden - absolute beast who would dominate in our system.
    Jake Long - Extremely well balanced T, but I don't know if he can play LT in the pro's. He's incredibly anyways.
    Sam Baker - Finally a stud LT. USC Junior is what we wanted Tony Boselli to be.
    Callais Campbell - Yes I know, that's 5 straight years Dline in the 1st. But imagine it. Campbell - Okoye - Weaver - Williams.
    Kenny Phillips - One of my favorite players in the draft regardless of position, an absolute beast in every facet of the game. Plus we need a cover safety badly.


    5-15 range.
    Paul Oliver - I'm hoping Bennett can become a starter, but if not, Oliver is a beast.
    DeSean Jackson - Big time playmaker who we need across Johnson.
    Antoine Cason - See Oliver.
    Glenn Dorsey - same as Campbell.
    Glenn Dorsey - see Campbell.

  • #2
    Haha this is really early, I like the idea of Jake Long, but I'm fine with Spencer at LT, Long would be good for us at RT.

    McFadden would be amazing.

    Comment


    • #3
      Offense:mcfadden

      Defense: hawaiian looking LB from Usc.. Forgot his name.. Just plain sick... I rather have him over everybody else in the draft.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Daonly View Post
        Offense:mcfadden

        Defense: hawaiian looking LB from Usc.. Forgot his name.. Just plain sick... I rather have him over everybody else in the draft.
        Rey Magula or whatever his name is. About 6'2+ and 245-255 pounds. He plays middle, and Demeco will always be better.

        Comment


        • #5
          long and baker are overrated and aren't worthy of being picked anywhere in the top 15, which, unfortunately, is where we will be picking...the only tackle i want next year is gaither...

          other than that, we still need a playmaking safety, so phillips would be nice...maualuga would be sick, as would laurinaitis...both play mike, but i would honestly take both of them over demeco, then move him to will and play either barber or clark at sam...

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Nightmares Win 6-0 View Post
            long and baker are overrated and aren't worthy of being picked anywhere in the top 15, which, unfortunately, is where we will be picking...the only tackle i want next year is gaither...

            other than that, we still need a playmaking safety, so phillips would be nice...maualuga would be sick, as would laurinaitis...both play mike, but i would honestly take both of them over demeco, then move him to will and play either barber or clark at sam...
            Demeco is amazing. He's already proven and knows the defense. We don't ever need to move him, he makes the calls and is the leader of the D.

            Comment


            • #7
              Anyway maualuga and laurinaitis sound like diseases, who wants that? Demeco is amazing, he will never be moved.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by cunningham06 View Post
                Anyway maualuga and laurinaitis sound like diseases, who wants that? Demeco is amazing, he will never be moved.
                very true. If we bring in a guy whose name I can't say and move Demeco I am going to be pissed.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by VY10 View Post
                  very true. If we bring in a guy whose name I can't say and move Demeco I am going to be pissed.
                  demeco could easily transition to WLB, thus allowing us to get rid of greenwood and moving us further away from the casserly era of overpaid, underproducing players...other than that, i do say let demeco stay at MLB...

                  the way i see it, going into next off-season, we will need, in no order, RB, WR, OC, SLB, CB, and FS...still a lot of holes, but we should be able to take the BPA next year in the first, like we did this year...iirc, we have a nice amount of cap room next off-season too...

                  we're still two seasons away, by my estimation...

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Nightmares Win 6-0 View Post
                    long and baker are overrated and aren't worthy of being picked anywhere in the top 15, which, unfortunately, is where we will be picking...the only tackle i want next year is gaither...

                    other than that, we still need a playmaking safety, so phillips would be nice...maualuga would be sick, as would laurinaitis...both play mike, but i would honestly take both of them over demeco, then move him to will and play either barber or clark at sam...
                    I really hope you are joking. Why would you move a player that has already proven himself at the position?

                    Back to the topic of drafting....I would love to see Calais Cambell. That would be a sick DL. 6'6 Mario Williams on one side and a 6'8 Cambell on the other. Our offense would still suck but that would be a scary DL full of potential. I would also love to see Kenny Phillips be picked too because Dunta cant do it all by himself. C.C and Earl are nothing special either. I think Brandon Mitchell will start over them early in the year. I think if we went offense I would rather go DeSean Jackson. McFadden would be sweet but I think having Andre Johnson in single coverage would help out more. Jackson could also help in KR just in case Mathis gets injured again. None of the LT's have ever impressed me much. They both seem like good RT's but its not worth a high pick if they cant play the left. Next years draft class is looking like one of the best in awhile.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      A LT, S, RB, WR, in that order depending on how things go this season and what moves we make in the off-season before the draft.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by VY10 View Post
                        A LT, S, RB, WR, in that order depending on how things go this season and what moves we make in the off-season before the draft.
                        I think that dependin on where we pick, my top pick changes. If it is in the top 3 I would have to go with McFadden. Take a load of off Schaub, and I think the OL can get better with Kubiak and his staff, I dont mind the OL right now, and I think they could surprise some peole this year. If it in the 4-10 ranger I would go with Calais Campbell or Long/Baker. Campbell would finish off one of the best looking DL in the league with HUGE upside. Long and Baker speak for themselves, but I would almost wait and see how our T's play this year. Winston and Spencer, see how they do with anotehr year under their belts. Thats how I would look at it right now.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Billingsley26 View Post
                          I think that dependin on where we pick, my top pick changes. If it is in the top 3 I would have to go with McFadden. Take a load of off Schaub, and I think the OL can get better with Kubiak and his staff, I dont mind the OL right now, and I think they could surprise some peole this year. If it in the 4-10 ranger I would go with Calais Campbell or Long/Baker. Campbell would finish off one of the best looking DL in the league with HUGE upside. Long and Baker speak for themselves, but I would almost wait and see how our T's play this year. Winston and Spencer, see how they do with anotehr year under their belts. Thats how I would look at it right now.
                          I hope if we pick in the top 3 and McFadden is still there that we get a good trade offer and trade back a few picks. I think if McFadden is on the board then there will be pretty good offers to choose from. Then choose between Kenny Phillips, DeSean Jackson, Mario Maningham, Calais Cambell, or Glenn Dorsey. If we go defense again then we could have the potential to match up with the Colts offense.
                          Last edited by jayceheathman; 06-04-2007, 02:26 PM.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            You all are going to have to address WR #2 at some point if you want to compete.

                            Desean Jackson, Mario Manningham, Early Doucet, and Adarius Bowman would all be great round 1 picks.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              We don't have a second round pick right? That is really a shame because we could probably grab a good receiver in the second.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X

                              Debug Information