Where Does Manning Rate?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where Does Manning Rate?

I was really happy to see the Colts win the super bowl this past year. I've always liked Tony Dungy, who got a raw deal in Tampa Bay. And Peyton Manning is my favorite non-Dolphin player. I've felt that Manning was the best qb in football for a long time, but winning the title was huge for him. So many people would argue that Tom Brady had 3 titles and Manning 0. I saw that more as an indication that Brady had the better all-around team. Manning has always had to do more IMO for the Colts to win then Brady had to accomplish for the Pats. Brady's awesome, but #2 in my book. So my question is this. Where does Manning rate among the all-time greats?

It's hard to tell.

You can make a case for about 5-6 QBs for being the best of all time.

I'd like to think that Peyton is top 5.

Comment

At his current pace he's gonna break every QB record there is, including Favre's ironman record so a case can definitely be made for him as the GOAT but I think we definitely have to see how the rest of his career turns out. He still has quite a few good years left in him and we don't know how those will turn out.

Designs by D-Unit

ILEMTPKC - I Love Eli Manning <The Patriots Killer> Club

Comment

It's just too hard to classify a QB as a GOAT. They all have qualities that the others don't possess. Johnny U had his "tough as nails" and revolutionist-style QB play; Dan Marino has the records; Joe Montana has the bling; Tom Brady did a lot with next-to-nothing; Steve Young had mobility; Favre's a classic gunslinger with above-average mobility; Peyton has the mind and soon-to-be records. Each one brought something into this game.

The worst is that we haven't scratched the surface. There is still Bradshaw (though the D, OL and Franco/Swann/Stallworth helped), Tarkenton, Fouts, Benny Friedman, the list just goes on and on.
        Is that a rash?

Give JKPIGSKIN credit for this masterpiece

Comment

It's impossible to not have him in the top 10 right now IMO, and as his career goes on he's only going to get better.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
          <Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge

Comment

Originally posted by Philliez01 View Post
            It's just too hard to classify a QB as a GOAT. They all have qualities that the others don't possess. Johnny U had his "tough as nails" and revolutionist-style QB play; Dan Marino has the records; Joe Montana has the bling; Tom Brady did a lot with next-to-nothing; Steve Young had mobility; Favre's a classic gunslinger with above-average mobility; Peyton has the mind and soon-to-be records. Each one brought something into this game.

The worst is that we haven't scratched the surface. There is still Bradshaw (though the D, OL and Franco/Swann/Stallworth helped), Tarkenton, Fouts, Benny Friedman, the list just goes on and on.
            Brady, Bradshaw, Aikman, Tarkenton and Fouts don't belong in the discussion unless it's a Top 10 QBs discussion IMO.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
            <Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge

Comment

Working...
            X

Debug Information