Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colts' 2008 Draft

The 2008 Draft is finally here!

It's Draft weekend, and best of luck to the Indianapolis Colts in finding good players to help the team for the future.

Discuss the event here.
    Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

I have to say, I'm liking the idea of drafting center Mike Pollak (triggered by Rick Gosselin's final mock) the more I think of it. Both Saturday and Gandy are free agents after 08, and even if the Colts re-sign Saturday so that he stays and maybe retires as a Colts player, Pollak could probably play right guard with his good size (6-3.5/300) while he gives the Colts a back-up center to develop and have waiting in the wings should anything happen to Saturday. Imagine is something did happen next year and there's no experienced back-up for Manning, who knows how hard the offense is hit because there's no center to handle the line calls proficiently.

Comment

Originally posted by Geo View Post
      I have to say, I'm liking the idea of drafting center Mike Pollak (triggered by Rick Gosselin's final mock) the more I think of it. Both Saturday and Gandy are free agents after 08, and even if the Colts re-sign Saturday so that he stays and maybe retires as a Colts player, Pollak could probably play right guard with his good size (6-3.5/300) while he gives the Colts a back-up center to develop and have waiting in the wings should anything happen to Saturday. Imagine is something did happen next year and there's no experienced back-up for Manning, who knows how hard the offense is hit because there's no center to handle the line calls proficiently.
      Yes, that doesn't sound bad at all. I would be happy to see a good lineman and insurance for Saturday. Changing my mind too.

Yet again I can't see myself being angry with most possibilities.

Sig by BoneKrusher
      Originally posted by killxswitch
      Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.

Comment

Haha, on our key additions it says "none". So from the way things are going what do you guys think we will end up drafting. Chris Johnson probably won't fall and I doubt we wil trade up so I am thinking Matt Forte.

Sig by BoneKrusher
        Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.

Comment

Originally posted by RCAChainGang View Post
          Haha, on our key additions it says "none". So from the way things are going what do you guys think we will end up drafting. Chris Johnson probably won't fall and I doubt we wil trade up so I am thinking Matt Forte.
          He could, the longer Mendenhall falls, the more chance we can get Johnson IMO, anyway the lack of RB's taken is only positive for us.

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986

Comment

The run on offensive lineman is dropping some really good talent down, hopefully we'll see a run on corners too because the Colts are so deep there. Devin Thomas and all the other WRs are still on the board, runningbacks are still strong with Mendenhall and Chris Johnson remaining, etcetera.

Comment

... and after I say that, Jones and Mendenhall go off the board on consecutive picks. I'm keeping my mouth shut.

Comment

Well, cross Chris Johnson's name off the list.

Unfortunately, he's in our division. I hope he's a bust. ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Geo View Post
                  ... and after I say that, Jones and Mendenhall go off the board on consecutive picks. I'm keeping my mouth shut.
                  Ya, that hurts. Good news is we could have a good WR drafted.

Sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Wow @ Seattle drafting Lawrence Jackson in the 1st round. I would have considered him with the Colts' pick, but that's too early imo. It helps drop the wide receivers further (Polian eyeing DeSean Jackson?) ... but this run on DEs doesn't bode well for Avril reaching the Colts, which we sort of suspected.

Honestly, with the wide receivers all remaining, I think the Colts might draft someone from another position, and potentially still draft a high-rated WR in the 3rd maybe.

Comment

Mort is giving Bill Polian props on that trade for Tony Ugoh.

Polian = the best.

Comment

Oh for sure, Ugoh was so worth it. Sam Baker and Duane Brown went higher than the Colts' pick this year, for crying out loud. And did you see what the Panthers gave up for Otah? Wowzers.

Comment

Yet again, I question Polian's decision and YET AGAIN he proves me wrong.

I'm telling you, whoever he picks in the 2nd round is FINE BY ME. I don't care if Anthony Morelli, I'll TOTALLY support it.

Well, maybe not Morelli (that would make me vomit), but you guys get the point.
                          Last edited by MaxV; 04-26-2008, 05:40 PM.

Comment

Some wide receivers are coming off the board:

#33- STL/ Donnie Avery
                            #34- WAS/ Devin Thomas
                            #36- GB/ Jordy Nelson

Comment

Could Dan Connor fall to us?

He would be a GREAT pick.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information