Curtis Johnson (OLB/DE)
    Eric Foster (DE/DT)
    Kerry Brown (OL)
    Tommy Blake (DE)
    Dan Zeidman (punter)
    Luke Swan (WR)
    Dan Davis (DT)
    Wesley Woodyard (LB)

It is time to stockpile D-linemen. That would be one heck of an UDFA list, wouldn't it?;)

What is your list?

I think you'll get some of your wish, Bill Polian said on the Day Two Draft presser (up on Colts.com right now) that they will sign two defensive tackles they really like and a rush end.
    Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

I'm vastly biased, but I'd like to see a couple of guys from Eastern Illinois make it to camp. Micah Rucker who's about 6' 5" WR and Donald Thomas at LB.

http://www.eiupanthers.com/News/foot...iunfldraft.asp

Comment

Undrafted Free Agents thread

The Colts have already signed at least one within one hour of the drafts conclusion. Samuel Gigučre , who had been a potential CFL prospect was signed by the Colts. He played at Sherbrooke.

Samuel Gigučre

Comment

Brandon Foster, CB, Texas

http://www.statesman.com/blogs/conte..._to_colts.html
          Foster to Colts
          By Suzanne Halliburton | Sunday, April 27, 2008, 07:26 PM

Texas cornerback Brandon Foster agreed to a free-agent deal with the Indianpolis Colts Sunday after the draft was concluded, he told the American-Statesman.

Foster ran a 4.28-second 40-yard dash last month at UT’s pro timing day. Although he’s only 5-foot-7 — about two inches shorter than general NFL preferences — Foster proved to be one of the fastest players in the country.
          http://www.star-telegram.com/332/story/575649.html
          CB Brandon Foster, Texas

Size: 5-7, 195

High school: Arlington Bowie

Background: Former top recruit and track star at Bowie.... Starter his final year at Texas.... Recorded 38-inch vertical leap at UT Pro Day.... Second-team All-Big 12 selection.... Had school-record three returns for TDs this season (two interceptions, one fumble).... Nephew of former Steelers and Arkansas running back Barry Foster.

Future in Dallas?: Very possible as free agent or a late-round pick because of the Cowboys' needs at corner.

Comment

Foster = returner?

Comment

Maybe. Sounds like an interesting corner prospect, nonetheless.

Also, can't find a solid link, but it appears the Colts have signed Connecticut DT Dan Davis (6-1/284).

Comment

If you guys get the chance, listen to the Bill's and Tony's Press Conference on Colts.com

Bill describes the picks and clarifies their future roles.

He also mentioned that he signed 2 DTs and a Rush-end in the UFA.

Comment

was expecting this, hes a good player with a big motor. Was a captain last year.

The way it is

GamerTag : GrubbyPaws (Halo 3, NCAA 09, Madden 09)

Comment

Originally posted by B-Dawk View Post
                    was expecting this, hes a good player with a big motor. Was a captain last year.
                    You're talking about Dan Davis?

Comment

Colts | C. Johnson agrees to terms
                      Sun, 27 Apr 2008 19:22:11 -0700

Josh Buchanan, of NFLDraftBible.com, reports the Indianapolis Colts have agreed to terms with undrafted rookie free-agent DE Curtis Johnson (Clark Atlanta). Terms of the deal were not disclosed.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
                      <Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge

Comment

Some info on Curtis Johnson:

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/...ohnson?id=2006

Sounds like another talented undersized rush-end.

Comment

Wasn't Johnson one of the guys they had an individual workout for? I remember the name of the college mentioned-Clark Atalanta.

Comment

I wish...I wish for:

Jonathan Hefney, S, Tennessee: A speedy DB that played CB, FS, SS, PR, and KR at the University of Tennessee.

D.J. Hall, WR, Alabama: Small but shifty WR that has great hands could be a great special teamer.

Calvin Dawson, RB, Louisiana-Monroe: Smaller than what you would prefer for a RB, reminds me more of Warrick Dunn...level of compeition is quesionable...would be added comepition for the 3rd spot.

Sig by Stephenson86

Comment

I think Dawson got into some serious trouble a few months back, that might hurt him. But there are some backs the Colts could check out and bring in, like Rodney Kinlaw of Penn State. Hey, can never have enough Big Ten players, amirite? :p

Was Anthony Aldrigde of Houston drafted? He seems like a real interesting player who could fill multiple niches despite his low weight, what Bill Parcells would call a "satellite player" because you would move him around.

Edit: Aldridge signed with the Denver Broncos. That's interesting, I'm not sure the guy sticks when they drafted Eddie Royal who should handle WR and return duties already.
                              Last edited by Geo; 04-28-2008, 12:42 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information