Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minor move

http://www.tribstar.com/colts/local_...275230953.html

Roster moves — Indianapolis has added cornerback Brandon Sumrall to the practice squad.

A rookie who played collegiately at Southern Mississippi, Sumrall was originally signed as an undrafted free agent by Minnesota in April. He was released by the Vikings on Aug. 30 and has since spent time on the Tampa Bay Buccaneers’ practice squad.

To make room for Sumrall, the Colts released tight end Issac Smolko, who had been signed Sept. 11.
    Sumrall NFL.com draft profile
    Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

• Big roster moves

http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dl.../1058/SPORTS03

Colts get help at cornerback, sign Graham
      By Mike Chappell
      October 8, 2008

The Indianapolis Colts reinforced their secondary Tuesday, likely because of an injury to starter Kelvin Hayden, but lost a kick returner.

The team signed cornerback Nick Graham and waived running back/kick returner Justin Forsett and offensive tackle Corey Hilliard.

Mark Slough, Graham's agent, said Graham was headed to St. Louis for a workout when the Colts signed him.

Graham appeared in 15 games with Philadelphia in 2007, almost exclusively on special teams, after being undrafted out of Tulsa.

Graham's addition comes after Hayden sustained a left knee injury in the second half of Sunday's game at Houston. He had a magnetic resonance imagining test on his knee Monday, but the team did not release the results.

Forsett averaged 22.5 yards on 11 kickoff returns and 9.0 yards on four punt returns in three games.

The moves leave the Colts with one spot on the 53-player roster.
      Forsett didn't make any mistakes or errors, but wasn't much better than average as a return man either. I was worried he would get cut, and that was realized today. Shame, because he could bring a lot more to the table as a RB, but it seems we won't find that out with the Colts. :(

They still have an open roster spot, and they need a return man. Give the nod to someone on the roster, or perhaps give a free agent like Courtney Roby a call?

Comment

• A familiar face

The additional move today, re: that open roster space, is that the Colts re-signed Keiwan Ratliff.

I forgot he was out there, so it's good the team brought him back to bolster the depth at cornerback. Sounds like Kelvin Hayden might miss a few weeks, unfortunately. (Nothing said from the Colts, but my guess is knee sprain. Blasted Texans' field.)

Supposedly Ratliff will handle punt returns and rookie Pierre Garcon with kickoff returns.

Comment

• Here's hoping for a repeat of '06

Colts trade for DT John McCargo from Buffalo Bills, release LaJuan Ramsey.

Comment

• This is a great move if the pick is on Day 2.

I've also heard that Chad Simpson might be added to the 53-man roster in place of Mike Hart.

Comment

• You'll be pleased then

The Colts traded their 4th round pick for McCargo.

Simpson seems the ideal candidate to step in. Don't know if it is related, but the Seahawks promoted Justin Forsett to their active roster, maybe they were worried the Colts would pick him up again. The Eagles released Tony Hunt today, but I'm not sure the Colts think he's quick enough to play in their offense.

Comment

• I'm a big PSU fan and Hunt will always be among my favorites, but he's just too slow for NFL.

I like Chad Simpson, he ran the ball very well during the preseason, but he does need to work on his blocking and receiving. Two aspects that Colts value very much in their RBs.

Comment

• Is Hart out for the season then? Bummer if so.

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986

Comment

• Originally posted by UKfan View Post
                    Is Hart out for the season then? Bummer if so.
                    Yeah he's on IR

Sig by BoneKrusher
                    Originally posted by killxswitch
                    Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.

Comment

• I'm going to be bummed if Hart doesn't recover to form in time for the '09 season. It's amazing how quick some guys turn around from torn knee ligament injuries thanks to modern medicine, compared to as little as a decade ago or even less, but you never know how the next player - a runningback to boot - will recover.

Hart's game wasn't as a burner anyways, at least, he is an exceptional all-purpose back with great vision and the iron will of a champion.

Comment

• Originally posted by Geo View Post
                        I'm going to be bummed if Hart doesn't recover to form in time for the '09 season. It's amazing how quick some guys turn around from torn knee ligament injuries thanks to modern medicine, compared to as little as a decade ago or even less, but you never know how the next player - a runningback to boot - will recover.

Hart's game wasn't as a burner anyways, at least, he is an exceptional all-purpose back with great vision and the iron will of a champion.
                        We could really use him as of now. Was Forsett a running back also because I bet we could use him, but he got cut. I don't know I just don't like the idea of Dom having all the carries.

Sig by BoneKrusher
                        Originally posted by killxswitch
                        Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.

Comment

• Originally posted by RCAChainGang View Post
                          We could really use him as of now. Was Forsett a running back also because I bet we could use him, but he got cut. I don't know I just don't like the idea of Dom having all the carries.
                          Chad Simpson is fine as a 3rd RB. He's the backup right now, hopefully he'll be used as such against the Titans.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
                          <Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge

Comment

• Don't know where he is as an all-purpose back, but as a pure runner with speed, Simpson might have potential. Might be able to break a few runs outside.

He only saw two carries last week, and didn't get to do much.

Comment

• Marlin Jackson placed on IR, Keiwan Ratliff re-signed.

Sucks for Marlin, I just hope he can recover fully and be good to go for next season. That's some damage he suffered.

Also good that Ratliff was available to re-sign, he's a good back-up. Plus he can be a return man if need be at a moment's notice.

Comment

• Hopefully Hayden and Marlin are the starting CBs in 2009, but I can't say I definitely want that combination beyond that.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
                                <Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information