Roster/contracts/needs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adam Schefter's Twitter says...

Colts waived DB Matt Giordano and claimed off waivers LB Cody Glenn (D5-09 choice of Washington; 6-0, 240, Nebraska).

Interesting.

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986

Comment

• Colts have announced the Practice Squad:

Tight end Colin Cloherty, wide receivers Sam Giguere, John Matthews and Taj Smith, defensive lineman John Gill, running back Mike Hart and guard Jaimie Thomas.

No Terrance Taylor or Lance Ball?
      Originally posted by George Carlin

In Football the object is for the Field General to be on target with his aerial assault, riddling the Defence by hitting his Receivers with deadly accuracy, in spite of the Blitz, even if he has to use the Shotgun. With short bullet passes and long bombs he marches his troops into enemy territory, balancing this aerial assault with a sustained ground attack which punches holes in the forward wall of the enemy’s Defensive Line.

In Baseball the object is to go home and be safe.

Comment

• No Taylor and no Howard on the roster is puzzling at best. At least Humbler made the team after a great preseason.

Comment

• 1. Good to see Francisco over Giordano as a back-up safety, if Francisco is the special teams standout he's supposed to be. They're both bad safeties, but Giordano wasn't a good special teams player either. Back-ups should be good special teamers for Coach Ray.

2. Speaking of upgrading special teams, maybe that's part of the appeal in Cody Glenn. Interesting roster pick-up, the Colts must have liked what they see in evaluating him before the Draft or in his time with Washington in the preseason.

He's a weakside linebacker prospect though, from all indications. 8 linebackers in total and now behind Session is a glut with Jordan Senn, Cody Glenn, and Freddy Keiaho. Some fat to be trimmed there, I think. Maybe real soon, after Week 1 when Ed Johnson completes his suspension.

3. There's still one more practice squad spot left, keep in mind. Adrian Grady or Terrance Taylor would be my guess maybe, Grady the more favored.

John Matthews was my sleeper before training camp, but he made some major mistakes in the last two preseason games. Looked like Brett McDermott would get the PS nod over him, but Matthews showed something for him to stick.

I wonder about Giguere, but the Colts saw something in Dan Federkeil and developed him for years, and Federkeil looks pretty good now.
          Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

• Wait, doesn't someone else have to be released? We've added 2 and released 1.

Comment

• Francisco will be signed once he passes his physical. Presumably that hasn't happened yet. Once it does, someone will have to be released or waived.

Hmm, you know what popped into my head? Maybe that's why the Colts are keeping a practice squad spot open, that the person they will release for Francisco will take the 8th and final spot on the PS.

And that's after all the other NFL teams have essentially filled up their rosters and practice squads. Quite ingenious, if that is their plan.

Then again maybe who they release and who they sign for the last spot on the PS could be two different matters.

Comment

• If I was a wagering man, I'd say the 8th guy was Ramon Humber. They have signed Cody Glenn and it means we now have 8 Linebackers on the 53 man Roster. A lot of people think 7 is overkill. So I think it will be a Linebacker and only Glenn and Humber are Practice Squad eligible.

The good thing about Glenn is that he provides the Colts with another big, yet still fast, Linebacker. It does open up the possibility that if they sign another player, either on Offense, or say on the Defensive Line, that they would release Tyjuan Hagler. I know a lot of people here aren't high on Keiaho but he is the only one other than Brackett who can play MIKE.

In Football the object is for the Field General to be on target with his aerial assault, riddling the Defence by hitting his Receivers with deadly accuracy, in spite of the Blitz, even if he has to use the Shotgun. With short bullet passes and long bombs he marches his troops into enemy territory, balancing this aerial assault with a sustained ground attack which punches holes in the forward wall of the enemy’s Defensive Line.

Comment

• That is why Gates got so open

Originally posted by Seamus2602 View Post
                  I know a lot of people here aren't high on Keiaho but he is the only one other than Brackett who can play MIKE.
                  After seeing Ramon Humber's end zone break up of a sure TD pass against the Eagles and the fact that he can tackle, I would like to give him a shot to see how good he is at MIKE. Yeah, what good is Keiaho at MIKE if lets Gates so open in our playoff game? Just the fact that he is the only one who can play MIKE should not be a factor, IMO. They should try the other ones and if they do better, Keiaho should be let go. Yet another wasted 3rd round pick:(, he will eventually be gone.

The one that bums me is the potential that Grady showed. I heard the Pats are talking to him.

I still hope they release one of the WRs and add Grady (who hopefully clears waivers) and an OT from the waiver wire.
                  Last edited by chad72; 09-07-2009, 09:32 AM.

Comment

• Aaron Francisco signed, Jordan Senn waived.

Comment

• Ok, so John Oesher's blog says Tyjuan Hagler is starting over Wheeler, what??

http://indyfootballreport.com/index.php/archives/3485

I hope not true, I really like Wheeler.

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986

Comment

• I don't have any problem with it. Obviously I want Wheeler to be awesome and think he can be for the Colts, but he looks just a little bit lost on the field right now and Hagler is a very experienced and very talented linebacker himself.

Hagler was the starting SAM when the Colts had the #1 scoring defense in 2007.

He lost the job in 08 to Clint Session because of a torn pectoral muscle injury that happened in offseason weight training. This is Hagler's 5th year in the NFL and he can make it happen.

Comment

• Grady is with the Pats PS

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ractice-squad/

Comment

• They also drafted Kentucky DT Myron Pryor in the 6th round and he's reportedly looked real good for them. Ah well.

Comment

• Given the potential problems we could have against Jacksonville that doesn't surprise me. We will be missing Ed Johnson, for definiate, and probably Bob Sanders. We could be missing Brock. We could be missing Session. Our run defense is starting to look pretty bare there. So they turn to Hagler, who has more experience, to help shore up the Strongside.

Comment

• Exactly. I don't remember Hagler missing tackles like Session, Wheeler, and Keiaho do. Hagler's biggest problem has been staying healthy.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information