No announcement yet.

Roster/contracts/needs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey guys I just drafted Reggie Wayne and Anthony Gonzalez for my fantasy team ($ league). I was wondering when Harrison is coming back and if Peyton is definitely okay for the season. Wayne is starting with Fitzgerald, and Gonzalez is my 3rd WR. How do you think they'll do for me?
    Penn State University - Detroit Red Wings - New York Jets - Red Bull New York - Fulham FC

Comment

Originally posted by TimDris View Post
      Hey guys I just drafted Reggie Wayne and Anthony Gonzalez for my fantasy team ($ league). I was wondering when Harrison is coming back and if Peyton is definitely okay for the season. Wayne is starting with Fitzgerald, and Gonzalez is my 3rd WR. How do you think they'll do for me?
      Marvin is back, so Gonzo will go back to the slot. As for Peyton, all reports are he should be a go within the week, so no worries there. Wayne should put up numbers similar to last year with Gonzo putting up better numbers than his rookie year, I think he'll see the field more this year.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
      <Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge

Comment

1. Rushing is placed on IR thanks to a knee injury, bummer. Only five defensive backs leaves me leery somewhat, six is better. But that would mean promoting rookie Brandon Foster to the 53-man roster, I don't think he's shown enough for that. Maybe this opens the door for someone released by another team in final roster cuts (Jason David included?).

2. Is it just me, or do the Colts have some pretty good depth defensive ends to choose from: Josh Thomas, Jeff Charleston, Curtis Johnson, and Ben Ishola? Going to be very tough to cut at least two of those guys, if not three.

3. Colts NEED a sixth linebacker to start the season, until Tyjuan Hagler can fill that role mid-season when he's off the PUP list. Freddy Keiaho is injured yet again, and Philip Wheeler might not be fully recovered for the start of the season. Ramon Guzman can't be the only back-up able to play. I like some of what I've seen from Kyle Shotwell and Jordan Senn this preseason, but I give the nod to Victor Worlsey. He's in his second year with the Colts, and has experience at MLB which is a plus.
        Last edited by Geo; 08-26-2008, 03:57 PM.
        Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

It's Jordan Senn. Hasn't he been playing first team reps at WLB? I remember him doing that against Buffalo (could be wrong though, not 100% on that), that leads me to believe he has a shot at a roster spot.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

Comment

Hahaha.

Now it's not just every Colts blogger, the newspaper bloggers are swinging from our nuts too.

It never ceases to amaze me how much I post here trickles down the internet. I'm almost flattered, if the plagiarism wasn't so damn blatant in some cases.

Comment

Alright, final cuts are coming this weekend, so post your final rosters before then if you can/want. I edited mine on the first post. Notable changes:

- No #3 quarterback. Both Gray and Lorenzen aren't looking too hot, and Peyton could be good to go with Sorgi healed behind him. I still like Gray a great deal though as a potential quarterback in this league, imo he could develop into a good starter for a number of teams nevermind a great #2 behind Peyton.

- Lilja not on PUP. It could happen, he hasn't been taken off the preseason PUP to practice yet, but it's a big step to keep him sidelined until Week 7 at the earliest. Dan Federkeil would probably get a spot on the roster if Lilja is placed on PUP.

- Courtney Roby as a sixth wide receiver. He'll be active on gamedays as the #1 kickoff and punt return man, as a gunner on special teams, and as the #5 receiver in case of injury and to spell Harrison on deep routes.

- Tom Santi makes the roster. He played today for the first time, and reportedly hurt a knee a bit (unknown if same knee recovering from bursa sac infection/removal). Very possible the Colts cut him and hope to place him on the practice squad. I still like Santi a great deal, the potential he can bring, however. Plus Dallas Clark hasn't played a full 16-game season yet in his career, Gijon Robinson is unproven and a little inconsistent as a blocker, and Tamme even moreso in that latter regard.

- Jordan Senn as the sixth linebacker. Worsley sprained his knee today, which sucks for him obviously, as the Colts need another healthy depth linebacker until Hagler comes off PUP during the season. Senn has showed promise and can back-up Keiaho, as Wheeler is behind Brackett and Guzman is behind Session.

Comment

The Chicago Bears have reportedly waived a former 2007 3rd round pick in linebacker Michael Okwo. I don't know if health is a concern, he should be recovered fully from the shoulder injury that put him on IR for his rookie season, he's played in the preseason. I'd love for the Colts to be able to claim him and give him a shot at backing up Freddy Keiaho at WLB.

*UPDATE*
                Bill Polian said on Colts Friday Night that the doctors have told him there's no chance Saturday, Lilja, and Pollak will play the season opener against the Bears. They will require more time to recover. So I think it only makes sense for Lilja to be placed on PUP, the Colts can't afford to keep three injured lineman for the first few weeks of the season, and it's much better to put Lilja on PUP for the first six weeks than put either Saturday or Pollak on IR.
                Last edited by Geo; 08-29-2008, 09:26 PM.

Comment

How has Pierre Garcon looked for the Colts thus far? Is he gonna make the team?

^A Bonekrusher production^
                  Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

Comment

Originally posted by Geo View Post
                    The Chicago Bears have reportedly waived a former 2007 3rd round pick in linebacker Michael Okwo. I don't know if health is a concern, he should be recovered fully from the shoulder injury that put him on IR for his rookie season, he's played in the preseason. I'd love for the Colts to be able to claim him and give him a shot at backing up Freddy Keiaho at WLB.

*UPDATE*
                    Bill Polian said on Colts Friday Night that the doctors have told him there's no chance Saturday, Lilja, and Pollak will play the season opener against the Bears. They will require more time to recover. So I think it only makes sense for Lilja to be placed on PUP, the Colts can't afford to keep three injured lineman for the first few weeks of the season, and it's much better to put Lilja on PUP for the first six weeks than put either Saturday or Pollak on IR.
                    Our young guys will have prove themselves early. I hope they run with this opportunity.

Comment

Originally posted by themaninblack View Post
                      How has Pierre Garcon looked for the Colts thus far? Is he gonna make the team?
                      He has shown flashes.

He faces very stiff competition for the roster spot.

- Harrison, Wayne and Gonzalez are set.
                      - Roby and Aromashadu made a great impression during the pre-season.
                      - Roy Hall is as physically gifted of an athlete as it gets.

I guess there is a shot that Colts bring 7 WRs, but it's unlikely, especially considering other positions are getting hit hard by injuries.

Comment

Originally posted by MaxV View Post
                        Our young guys will have prove themselves early. I hope they run with this opportunity.
                        Manning said Jamey Richard is going to be the starting C against the Bears. Not at all our ideal scenario.

Comment

I'm not sure Manning said that outright, I think reports are that Manning outright said he's been practicing with Richard extra/more and Manning thinks Richard is the guy.

It makes sense, really. I don't know how much work Richard has done at guard, but he's definitely the most comfortable at center. So I'd rather have Justice play left guard. With Charlie Johnson at right guard, of course.

Comment

Pierre Garcon has looked stellar as a receiver imo, I love what I've seen of him. As a return man, nothing special from what I can recall. He looks like an early/mid second round pick as opposed to a late sixth. What a gem.

The Colts could risk waiving him and trying to put him on the practice squad, but I dearly hope not because I wouldn't want to risk it at all. Garcon and Hall go nowhere for me, I emphatically hang onto both.

And Roby has looked good as a return man, a special team gunner according to Coach Dungy, and as an occasional deep threat. I think he can develop in the Colts offense further.

Devin Aromashodu looks like the odd man out, unfortunately. I like him, but six wide receivers is as far as one can go. The Bengals could definitely give him a look, he can be a deep threat (as he was in college) and catch the ball well. Has height on him too at around 6-2.5/200.

Comment

I'd rather hold on to Aromashodu. Just like Hall, he's a physical freak also.

Damn, this is a tough decision.

Before this last game, Roby was the odd man out for me, but not anymore.

Comment

Garcon looks like a future starter, I love his game. He can do it all, especially run-blocking where he attacks people.

I can see Garcon lining up in Wayne's spot and Wayne taking Harrison's spot on the right side in the future.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information