No announcement yet.

Roster/contracts/needs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone think it would be worthwhile to bring Montae Reagor in for a look? I'd think he could be added at the expense of Josh Thomas if he has anything left.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
    <Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge

Comment

I'd pass on Reagor, I think.

First off, he had arthroscopic knee surgery two weeks or so ago, which led to an injury settlement with the Eagles (curious that his name is being mentioned with the deadline releases). He'll probably recover in two or three weeks, but still. It's a young man's game inside, I would rather just promote Colin Ferrell from the practice squad (hopefully they sign him).

Both Reagor and Larry Tripplett are available, but their time with the Colts is probably in the past as is the case with Josh Williams. Those days are past. And I remember the Colts defense with Reagor, it wasn't anything to write home about.

If there's one veteran tackle I would like to bring back, it would be Booger McFarland, but who knows where he's at in his recovery from a major knee injury suffered last summer.

But there's a number of tackles who might be worth looking into, some young guys who haven't been able to stick with a roster. Keith Jackson, Jeremy Clark, Antonio Johnson are all guys from the '07 Draft who were cut, for example. Perhaps one of them could add some good size and effort inside.
      Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

Jaime Silva????

UGH, he's too slow.

I wanted Condren on the team.

Comment

Is Silva good on special teams? Tbh I didn't see much of him at all.

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986

Comment

I'm not going to knock Bill's and Tony's decisions too much. These 2 forgot more about football then I've ever known.

There were a lot of good players in camp this year and it was clear that someone wasn't going to make it.

The guys that I'm sorry to see go are Devin Aromashodu, Colin Ferrel (P.S. please), Brannon Condren, Chad Simpson (P.S. please) and Michael Toudouze.

While among those that made it, the only beef I have is with Silva. I just think his upside is too limited but if he is as great on ST as advertised then he would certainly be a welcome addition.
            Last edited by MaxV; 08-31-2008, 10:47 AM.

Comment

Here's the depth chart:

http://www.colts.com/sub.cfm?page=depth

Comment

Keyunta Dawson as starting DT, yuck! Move Brock back over to DT and start Thomas or Mathis at end. I'm really worried about our Run D this year, we need Dawson to step it up HUGE or the Big Cat to be even more dominating.

Comment

I'm hoping Foster is the answer.

Comment

I'd like him to be as well, anyone but Dawson from what I have seen.

Comment

The Colts claimed former Packers defensive tackle Daniel Muir off waivers. Muir is listed at 6-2/298, and is decribed by Rotoworld as an interior pass rusher. The Packers like their defensive tackles to be a little heavier than that listed 298, but maybe he could be a better fit for the Colts.

So who gets released to make a spot for Muir? My guess is defensive end Curtis Johnson. Maybe the Colts, in cunning fashion, waited to waive him now after rosters and practice squads have been filled so that they can get him on their own practice squad. But we'll find out soon who it really is.

The Rams claimed former Colts safety Brannon Condren. Good for Condren, he was bound to be picked up because he can be a good #3 or #4 safety elsewhere. The Colts are deep at safety though, Melvin Bullitt is a fantastic depth guy and Jamie Silva looks to follow his UDFA stead.
                      Last edited by Geo; 08-31-2008, 05:34 PM.

Comment

hmmm, Muir sounds like a decent fit, I'm reasonably optimistic about that pickup, as long as it wont be at the expense of Foster.

Comment

I'd sooner cut Jordan Senn that our (and scottyboy's!) beloved new Colts player Eric Foster.

I wonder if anyone will claim linebacker Michael Okwo.

Comment

Anybody see my barrel? Is that- no wait, that's just Daniel Muir's upper body
                            Look at that panther-like agility
                            Yet still kind to old people

I can't wait to see him in action.
                            Last edited by Geo; 08-31-2008, 07:04 PM.

Comment

Two of the pics don't work for me Geo :S

Comment

Okay, hopefully they work now.
                                Last edited by Geo; 08-31-2008, 07:04 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information