• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MaxV View Post
    Jaime Silva????

UGH, he's too slow.

I wanted Condren on the team.
    Silva outplayed Condren in every aspect this preseason. Condren was tentative, Silva was aggressive, Condren would sit back in coverage, Silva would deliver the hit on arrival of the ball. Condren never has made a play that I've seen on STs, Silva was all over the place on STs. Granted, it's preseason, but you can tell that you're going to get a lot more from Jamie Silva than you are from Brannon Condren. Remember that John Lynch ran a 4.7 40, slow guys can work in this defense if they're instinctive and aggressive.

Originally posted by UKfan View Post
    Is Silva good on special teams? Tbh I didn't see much of him at all.
    Silva was excellent on both D and ST. He nearly blocked a punt at least once (I want to say twice), and he was a part of the vastly improved kick coverage units the team has displayed in the preseason. I can't say I wouldn't be the slightest bit afraid of kicking it to Devin Hester, but I'm a lot less worried about it for the opener next Sunday than I was for Super Bowl XLI.

Originally posted by Geo View Post
    I'd sooner cut Jordan Senn that our (and scottyboy's!) beloved new Colts player Eric Foster.

I wonder if anyone will claim linebacker Michael Okwo.
    I'd sooner cut Josh Thomas than anyone else to get Muir on the roster.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
    <Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge

Comment

Silva was noted as being a special teams maven coming out of Boston College, if I recall. I know some Colts fans are ticked to see Condren go, and for whatever insane reason a few think he's better than Bullitt, but I'm not sad to see Silva out-play him and warrant a spot. We knew Silva would make a case for himself, UDFA or not, he's legit.

The Colts have to be an ideal team for UDFAs, they give as good a shot for them as any other team in the league if not moreso. Even if they outperform draft picks in some cases. Pitcock didn't work ultimately out, but the Colts got Ed Johnson that same year. Condren didn't work out, but the Colts got Bullitt and Silva. Good stuff.
      Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

I know it sounds insane but I have a really good gut feeling about Muir. Even moreso than when the Colts signed Roby in the offseason. A hunch tells me he's going to come at this hungry and it will work out well, he's going to stick.

Comment

The Colts have claimed linebacker Buster Davis, of the Detroit Lions and former 2007 third round pick of the Arizona Cardinals.
          Last edited by Geo; 08-31-2008, 08:33 PM.

Comment

I remember Buster Davis. Many on this board though he would be a 1st rounder.

He was obviously overrated, but perhaps he can still make a career for himself in Indy.

I hope Muir shows will be positive addition to our DT rotation.

We'll have to make 2 cuts. Who?

Comment

He was considered a 1st rounder by Scott at one point, similar to Pitcock that same season. Of course the customary tradition is to give the Colts every linebacker in the first round every year. :p

My guesses for cuts are Jordan Senn and Curtis Johnson. Both guys to be signed to the practice squad if possible, Johnson might be a bit of a risk as a talented pass rusher.

As for Davis, I don't think it's a bad move. I wonder if he'll stick though.

Comment

I keep hearing that Daniel Federkeil's name being mentioned as a possible cut. I'm not sure we can afford to cut a OL, with all the injuries.

I like Jordan Seen, but if it's between him and Curtis Johnson, I'd choose to keep CuJO.

Comment

If the Colts were to cut Federkeil, that would leave Corey Hilliard alone as the only healthy offensive lineman who isn't starting against the Bears. Very risky. Usually seven offensive linemen are active on gamedays.

Unless Pollak can be healthy enough to play Week 1, maybe.

Comment

He was obviously overrated, but perhaps he can still make a career for himself in Indy.

I hope Muir shows will be positive addition to our DT rotation.

We'll have to make 2 cuts. Who?
                    Hopefully Josh Thomas and Buster Davis. Wishful thinking? Yes, but if those two are on the team, they will be the two worst players on the team.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

Comment

• Originally posted by MaxV View Post
                      Are you sure you're not thinking of the WR? I don't remember anyone thinking the LB would be a first rounder.

Comment

• Originally posted by GB12 View Post
                        Are you sure you're not thinking of the WR? I don't remember anyone thinking the LB would be a first rounder.
                        No, I'm talking about the right player, former Florida State star.

I believe even Scott had a 1st round grade on him. Buster was an explosive playmaker in college.

Obviously, his draft stock was overrated, but I believe he can play in the NFL.

Comment

• It was early on in the process, definitely before the Combine and probably the Senior Bowl too.

No one considered him a first round talent by April 2007.

I'm not crazy about adding him, but I don't hate the move. Senn can play on the practice squad, might as well see if Davis could make it. He'll probably get cut once Hagler is good to go. I would have rather they brought someone in with potentially higher upside, taken a chance on Okwo.
                          Last edited by Geo; 09-01-2008, 10:54 AM.

Comment

• New Colts roster revealed.

http://www.nfl.com/teams/roster;jses...d&d-447263-n=1

Muir and Davis are in, Silva and Guzman are out.

I like it.

Comment

• Davis can do what Guzman did on ST, plus he is a better LB.

Silva would've probably have been good on ST, but his upside as DB is VERY limited.

Muir addition makes our depth at DT better.

Comment

• Originally posted by GB12 View Post
                                After the Miami game a lot of people did. Then they realized that Miami was overhyped and he didn't perform as well the rest of the year, so he dropped.

New Colts roster revealed.

http://www.nfl.com/teams/roster;jses...d&d-447263-n=1

Muir and Davis are in, Silva and Guzman are out.

I like it.
                                Silva out? Damn, I was hoping he'd stick. Hopefully he'll make the PS, he deserves a spot on this roster as a ST contributor at some point.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information