OT - Michael Toudouze
    OT - Tala Esera
    OT - Dane Uperesa
    RB - Chad Simpson
    WR - Sam Giguere
    CB - Brandon Foster
    DB - Jamie Silva

Comment

• So with Ed Johnson going to be waived, here are 5 defensive tackles I hope the Colts consider working out/signing in preferred order:

1. Jeremy Clark ('07 Draft) [Giants' PS]
      2. Dre Moore ('08) [Bucs' PS]
      3. Ogemdi Nwagbuo ('08)
      4. Keith Jackson ('07)
      5. Joe Cohen ('07)
      Last edited by Geo; 09-11-2008, 11:46 AM.
      Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

• Can the Colts sign someone off another team's PS?

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
        <Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge

Comment

• Absolutely. The only provisions are that he must be signed to the 53-man roster and that he must be with the team for 3 weeks (I believe that is what it is).

If they want to sign someone to their practice squad, then they need to stick with the free agents (include Colin Ferrell to consider, I would think).

Comment

• Coach Dungy says the team has signed former Eagles defensive tackle Lajuan Ramsey. Very glad to see that.

LaJuan Ramsey NFL player page
            . Coach said he's already there and ready to practice.

Also, the Colts are likely to start Eric Foster alongside Keyunta Dawson. Makes more sense than starting Raheem Brock at NT, which is maybe the stupidest idea I've ever heard in my life.

News from yesterday, the Colts claimed runningback Justin Forsett after he was waived by the Seahawks. Love it, Forsett is a very good player. I can't believe the Colts ended up with both him and Mike Hart, at only the cost of a 6th round pick.

Comment

• Originally posted by Geo View Post
              Coach Dungy says the team has signed former Eagles defensive tackle Lajuan Ramsey. Very glad to see that.

LaJuan Ramsey NFL player page
              . Coach said he's already there and ready to practice.

Also, the Colts are likely to start Eric Foster alongside Keyunta Dawson. Makes more sense than starting Raheem Brock at NT, which is maybe the stupidest idea I've ever heard in my life.

News from yesterday, the Colts claimed runningback Justin Forsett after he was waived by the Seahawks. Love it, Forsett is a very good player. I can't believe the Colts ended up with both him and Mike Hart, at only the cost of a 6th round pick.
              Well the signing of Ramsey and Forsett look brillant after last weeks win at Minn. Forsett has huge up side and I would love to see him get some carries down the road. Could Forsett be that X-factor similar to Sporles for San Deigo, well that remains to be seen. So far so good.

Sig by Stephenson86

Comment

• I have a feeling he might take one to the house

Originally posted by redviper311 View Post
                Well the signing of Ramsey and Forsett look brillant after last weeks win at Minn. Forsett has huge up side and I would love to see him get some carries down the road. Could Forsett be that X-factor similar to Sporles for San Deigo, well that remains to be seen. So far so good.

I just have a feeling Justin Forsett might take one to the house, kickoff or punt return, against the Jags this week. He just is so elusive in the open field in getting those few yards. If he gets a gap, he might be gone and I am hoping for that this weekend.

Comment

• I heart the duo of Mike Hart and Justin Forsett so much.

They should be called the Big Little Beasties or something. :p

I think they could be the starting duo for the Colts, sharing the workload. So glad the Colts focused on improving the depth chart at runningback, a position they often neglected for so long.

As for the other new addition of LaJuan Ramsey, he certainly pops out on the field with his size and weight - especialy relative to the Colts. I think he might give the Colts what a, ahem, large Corey Simon did in '05. More of a run-stuffer.

Bill Polian said on his recent radio show that the Colts will give NT a strong look after this season, given the departures of Quinn Pitcock (boy I wished he stuck) and Ed Johnson. He specifically mentioned a weight around 290 lbs.

Hopefully Daniel Muir can play after the bye week, I want to see him in action.

Comment

• Daniel Muir would be a great addition to the NT rotation on the line and could play UT on running downs with LaJuan Ramsey at NT. I can see that being a strong duo. First Muir has to get healthly enough to get the rotation going.

Has anyone seen Buster Davis in the line up yet at OLB?

Sig by Stephenson86

Comment

• Colts sign Silva to the active roster.

http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dl.../80920009/1100

Not yet sure who goes to make room.

Comment

• Football Fabio can't be denied

My pick would be either Buster Davis or Taylor Senn.

Glad to see Silva back. Him and Melvin Bullitt are a bright future for the Colts, some guy named Bob Sanders notwithstanding.

Comment

• No, I'm sorry, but I don't think Silva is the future.

I might be able to see Bullitt, except he plays the same position as Bob.

Comment

• Originally posted by Geo View Post
                            My pick would be either Buster Davis or Taylor Senn.

Glad to see Silva back. Him and Melvin Bullitt are a bright future for the Colts, some guy named Bob Sanders notwithstanding.
                            It's Jordan Senn, and I hope Buster Davis is the one whose cut. Looks like special teams just got better.

Silva and Bullitt the future for the Colts? Not as long as Bob Sanders has a chance of an NFL career. MAYBE Silva if he can develop some, he looked like a decent FS in preseason, but Bullitt would need to perform better than Bob while Bob is injured, or have Bob be unable to come back to be the future at SS.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
                            <Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge

Comment

• Two pennies please

1. If you want to blame Bill Polian for the situation at defensive tackle, go ahead. And goodness knows I'm more than willing to place blame on Polian when it's deserved.

But it's not his fault Quinn Pitcock retired and Ed Johnson screwed up. The man had two tackles capable of playing against the run, and they left for whatever reason well after the Draft and free agency.

It's his fault the Colts didn't have a third tackle to do that, if you want to go there (and we don't know if Daniel Muir is that). Now it might be his job to find some available guys who can help the team if possible.

2. I don't know how feasible it is, but I would like to see the Colts re-sign both Marlin Jackson and Kelvin Hayden. Maybe cutting old dead weight in Marvin Harrison and Raheem Brock could free up enough cap space.

I'd rather re-sign both corners than either Gary Brackett, Freddy Keiaho, or Antoine Bethea. Those two young stud corners are worth it more imo.

Comment

• Ratliff released to make room for Silva

Keiwan Ratliff was the one to go, in light of the Colts promoting safety Jamie Silva from the practice squad.

Interesting that the Colts would decide to go with only four corners on the roster, although there is young Brandon Foster on the PS.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information