Peyton Manning on Saturday Night Live

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peyton Manning on Saturday Night Live

Originally posted by [url=http://www.allheadlinenews.com/articles/7006624557]AHN[/url]

Peyton Manning Set To Host Saturday Night Live On His 31st Birthday

March 2, 2007 12:23 p.m. EST
    Marc Pruitt - All Headline News Sports Reporter

Indianapolis, IN (AHN) - Peyton Manning is on television continuously through television commercials and now he will get a full hour worth of airtime. The Indianapolis Colts quarterback will ring in his 31st birthday as the host of Saturday Night Live on March 24th.

Manning, fresh off his Super Bowl MVP performance, will get the chance to show off his acting chops for a longer period of time.

When Manning is not directing scoring drives for the Colts, he can be seen in the hilarious commercials for Sprint-Nextel and Mastercard.

He poses as an avid fan of the team while wearing a cheap disguise, and also as a fan of the everyday workers at grocery stores and coffee shops.

He has also been seen in spots for ESPN in its promotion of Sportscenter telecasts tormenting his younger brother, New York Giant quarterback Eli, as the Manning family tours the ESPN facility.

"I figure this is my one shot to be asked," he told AP. "I'm sort of looking forward to it, but I'm a little bit nervous."

Manning will be the latest athlete to do the show. SNL has had dozens of athletes host the show through the years including everyone from Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson, Jeff Gordon, Andy Roddick and Tom Brady to Lance Armstrong, John Madden and O.J. Simpson. 25 athletes have hosted SNL since its creation in 1975.
    I'll watch, especially if they arranged a sit-down between Peyton and Da Bears crew. Icing on the cake would be an appearance by Eli, it being his town and all.
    Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

I'm looking forward to it.

I haven't been watching SNL lately, does "Da Bears Crew" still exist?

Comment

They need to bring them back somehow. :)

Comment

Originally posted by Geo View Post
        They need to bring them back somehow. :)
        Well Chris Farley isn't coming back, unfortunately. It's not the same without him.

Comment

I can't wait for the Digital Short, it has to be something football related and hopefully something memorable as "Dick in a Box". He'll be utilized quite well on that show and I'm pretty eager.
          Is that a rash?

Give JKPIGSKIN credit for this masterpiece

Comment

I cant wait to see this.
            Originally posted by nvot9
            I'm going to personally PM you when the Mets win the NL East and the Phillies don't even make the playoffs.

Phillies 2007 NL East Champions & Back to Back MVP Award Winners.
            Indianapolis Colts 13-3
            Philadelphia Flyers 19-14-4 = 42 points
            Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
            Coach Bob Huggins 10-2

Comment

I wonder if they do spoofs of his commercials.

I'm pretty sure they'll make fun of Grossman and/or Leaf at some point.

Comment

Originally posted by Geo View Post
                Icing on the cake would be an appearance by Eli, it being his town and all.
                Eli and Cooper will be in the audience, Peyton said that in one of his interviews. He said something about how it will be hard to perform in front of them because they both have very distinctive laughs that will stick out to him.

Comment

Originally posted by MaxV View Post
                  I'm looking forward to it.

I haven't been watching SNL lately, does "Da Bears Crew" still exist?
                  haha, this should be great. And I believe there's a skit on the Reebok website that has Peyton sitting with da bears crew. It was out right after the SB, not sure if they have it anymore, it would be cool if they do it on SNL though.
                  Originally posted by njx9
                  i invite all of you to spam the board with moronic topics that aren't even vaguely entertaining. please.

Comment

Peyton should for sure open with the "How do you get Rex Grossman to quite wackin it"

"Paint his unit blue and white, cause he cant beat it"

but i dont think he would cause he is to classy
                    EXCITED TO WATCH!

Comment

NFLN was on the set of SNL yesterday, and it looks like tomorrow's episode with Manning could be fun. Don't forget to watch.

Comment

I can't wait.

Comment

Im gonna watch this. Cant wait to see how funny he can be.

Comment

I think hes gonna do a gj. hes a funny and nice guy.

Sig by BoneKrusher
                            Originally posted by killxswitch
                            Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.

Comment

Manning did very well, I thought. I enjoyed the SNL episode.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information