Haters got to hate

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haters got to hate

This thread collects all the stupid crap said about the Colts, so we can throw it back in their faces and laugh as the Colts hoist up the Lombardi trophy yet again. The only shame is that is thread wasn't around since 2006.

Our first entry:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...insider/1.html

Six 2008 playoff teams who won't repeat

AFC

• Indianapolis
    -- Predicting the demise of the Colts would appear a fool's game, given their seven-year streak of making the playoffs and a six-year run of winning at least 12 games every regular season. But the law of averages say it has to end at some point for Indy (doesn't it?), and with new head coach Jim Caldwell elevated to replace the departed Tony Dungy, maybe some key component of the team's success will go missing this season for the first time since 2001.

When they were sitting 3-4 entering November last season, the Colts looked like an aging team that finally had too many vulnerabilities for their all-world offense to overcome. Then Peyton Manning got healthy, and it all came together in the form of a nine-game winning streak entering the playoffs. This is a team that hasn't lost anyone it can't live without this offseason -- Marvin Harrison included -- but that might not be enough in a division where the Colts could find themselves looking up at both Tennessee and Houston.
    Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

how about when they talk about Manning having problems with the 3-4 defense. And that now half the league is running it.

Comment

Looking up at Houston AND Tennesse? Wow.

Comment

Don Banks couldn't figure out his way of a corner let alone predict squat about the NFL or the teams.

Comment

Rod Woodson wa saying similar things on NFLN as well, I can't find (or be bothered) to look for a link, but he did.

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986

Comment

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-networ...s-in-Who-s-out

Rod Woodson, on the reasons of no Tony Dungy and every team in the division but the Colts improving, says they won't even make the playoffs this year. Love having this video evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by Geo View Post
              http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-networ...s-in-Who-s-out

Rod Woodson, on the reasons of no Tony Dungy and every team in the division but the Colts improving, says they won't even make the playoffs this year. Love having this video evidence.
              The Colts haven't made improvements? The Colts might've improved their defense more this year than they have in years.

Comment

2 key re-signings and the draft

Re-signing Jeff Saturday and Kelvin Hayden were the 2 biggest offseason moves the Colts made and wisely so. It goes unnoticed but it will be noticed when the time comes.

Also, all needs were addressed via the draft, the DT & RB positions mainly.

Our team is one of the youngest teams with the possibility of players injured last year (Lilja, Marlin Jackson etc.) coming back and further strengthening our squad. 16 O-linemen possibly competing for 8 roster spots, now, that is competition. Our DL looks the best on paper it has ever been. Our lines are going to have a good year.

If Manning could will his way to 4000 yards and 26 TDs hobbling like he did, imagine what he can do with a full training camp and chemistry with his wideouts/TEs/RBs right off the bat.

I expect a 2 TD average for Manning this year in 16 games, 32 TDs or more. Let me be on record for saying that.

Comment

Yahoo's Michael Silver eager to further prove himself a professional dumbass

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_yl...yhoo&type=lgns

Michael Silver, Yahoo! Sports
                  Apr 24, 11:09 am EDT

As with last year’s predraft edition of 32Q, I’m putting the defending champs at the top of my rankings as a sign of respect. After that, it’s a highly subjective guessing game – a sense of where I think these teams are after a few months of offseason maneuverings and a hint as to where I expect them to be come September:

1. Pittsburgh Steelers
                  2. Tennessee Titans
                  3. New England Patriots
                  4. Arizona Cardinals
                  5. Philadelphia Eagles
                  6. Baltimore Ravens
                  7. Green Bay Packers
                  8. Dallas Cowboys
                  9. Chicago Bears
                  10. Houston Texans
                  11. New York Giants
                  12. San Diego Chargers
                  13. Washington Redskins
                  14. New Orleans Saints
                  15. Atlanta Falcons

16. Indianapolis Colts: Will Bill Polian allow new coach Jim Caldwell into the war room, and if so, will Caldwell have to bring donuts?
                  http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_yl...yhoo&type=lgns
                  May 15, 9:35 am EDT

When I ranked the Indianapolis Colts 16th in my pre-draft edition of 32 Questions, many of the team’s loyalists reacted as though I’d just rated the Indy 500 a middle-of-the-pack auto race. The typical reaction was, in so many words, “How dare you?” Well, here’s how: The Colts, in the wake of Tony Dungy’s departure, are undergoing a period of tumultuous change. Dungy’s successor, Jim Caldwell, ran off defensive coordinator Ron Meeks and special teams coordinator Russ Purnell shortly after taking charge. Now comes Thursday’s confirmation that two longtime assistants, offensive coordinator Tom Moore and offensive line coach Howard Mudd, have filed their retirement papers because of their concerns about the new policy allowing teams to opt out of the NFL’s pension plan. I know Peyton Manning(notes) is Peyton Manning, and I know the Colts have plenty of talent. But I also believe that, after a shaky start in ’08, Dungy’s cool, steady leadership was the primary force that kept things together – and that without it the situation could’ve turned very ugly. Throw in the fact that my final impression of the ’08 Colts was not a very positive one, and you should be able to understand why I’m a bit dubious. And, as always, if it turns out the Colts prove me wrong, feel free to inform me that I know absolutely nothing about football. Thank you.

Comment

He should just admit he wants the Colts to fail and is using his national platform to tell people about it. What a joke.

Comment

Originally posted by bhaarat316 View Post
                      how about when they talk about Manning having problems with the 3-4 defense. And that now half the league is running it.
                      Problems with the 3-4?

Manning against the 3-4 in 2008: 108-162 66.7% 1145 yards 7.1 YPA 10 TDs 3 INTs 3.33 TD/INT 2 TD/G .6 INT/G 229 Y/G
                      Manning in 2008: 371-555 66.8% 4002 yards 7.2 YPA 27 TDs 12 INTs 2.25 TD/INT 1.69 TD/G .75 INT/G 250.1 Y/G

Manning was pretty much the same last year against the 3-4 as he was against the rest of the NFL. I don't see where the "problem" is.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
                      <Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge

Comment

Originally posted by Dam8610 View Post
                        Problems with the 3-4?

Manning against the 3-4 in 2008: 108-162 66.7% 1145 yards 7.1 YPA 10 TDs 3 INTs 3.33 TD/INT 2 TD/G .6 INT/G 229 Y/G
                        Manning in 2008: 371-555 66.8% 4002 yards 7.2 YPA 27 TDs 12 INTs 2.25 TD/INT 1.69 TD/G .75 INT/G 250.1 Y/G

Manning was pretty much the same last year against the 3-4 as he was against the rest of the NFL. I don't see where the "problem" is.
                        I've never understood this at all. Peyton consistently shreds Baltimore and handles New England when at home with ease. So he's had problems with the Patriots at Foxborough, but who hasn't?

Comment

More on what Dam just posted.

Last year, in the regular season, Peyton Manning played 5 games against 3-4 Teams and 11 games 4-3 Teams. He went 7-4 against 4-3 teams. He went 5-0 against 3-4 teams. So much for him being bad against them. If Peyton Manning plays as badly against those 3-4 teams as he did last year, then Indy will be guaranteed at least 7 wins.

In terms of his average per game completions, attempts and %, Manning was better against 4-3 teams (23.9 Completions, 35.7 attempts and 66.9% compared to 21.6, 32.4 and 66.8% against 3-4 teams).

But, Manning threw a better Touchdown per game ratio against 3-4 teams (2 TDs a game compared to 1.5 TDs vs 4-3). He also threw a better Touchdown per Attempt ratio (23.1 against 4-3 teams, 16.2 against 3-4). Similarly with interceptions. He threw better Interceptions per Game and Interceptions per Attempt ratios against 3-4 teams. So in the statistics that really matter for QBs, that is TDs, Ints and Ws, Manning played much better against the 3-4 than the 4-3.
                          Originally posted by George Carlin

In Football the object is for the Field General to be on target with his aerial assault, riddling the Defence by hitting his Receivers with deadly accuracy, in spite of the Blitz, even if he has to use the Shotgun. With short bullet passes and long bombs he marches his troops into enemy territory, balancing this aerial assault with a sustained ground attack which punches holes in the forward wall of the enemy’s Defensive Line.

In Baseball the object is to go home and be safe.

Comment

I think Peyton recovering from his knee surgeries might have had something to do with that. Also the injuries to the OL early on.

By the time they got a little healthier, they played at least 4 of the 5 3-4 defenses (NE, PIT, SD, CLE).

Comment

C'mon guys. Everybody knows it's Houston's year. I mean, ya'll do know they signed Antonio Smith, right?

Lets face it. We're doomed... :(
                              Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
                              Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
                              Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information