No announcement yet.

2010 Draft Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would prefer Price to Atkins but you would obviously need to take Price in the 1st and there is some question as to whether he would even be there then. Targeting Atkins would make it easier to find an OLman in the 1st. Hopefully there's a good one available.

With his miserable 40 time I think Greg Hardy is dropping like a rock on draft boards. He could be a good 3rd rounder.

I don't think we need a CB early. Hayden is getting paid to start and Powers proved he is one of the top 2 CBs on the team. Lacey or Jackson have extensive starting time so either of them being the #3 CB is a good thing IMO. Outside of Joe Haden falling to us I think the Colts will look at talent at other positions early.

Comment

Scott revised his rankings and he has Bruce Campbell as a 2nd rounder.

Now, personally I would LOVE for Campbell to be drafted by the Colts, even despite the fact that he is raw, but I don't think it'll happen.

I think Campbell will be picked higher. Athletic OT prospects get valued very highly.

Comment

I very much wouldnt want Campbell, I want a proven LT rather than a freak with poor tape

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986

Comment

You guys should sign Jared Gaither to an offer sheet. And him be your 1st round pick.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbuc View Post
            You guys should sign Jared Gaither to an offer sheet. And him be your 1st round pick.
            I agree, but I doubt Polian will go for it. He is just not a player in free agency.

Comment

I don't know why he wouldn't do it... The guy is only 23 years old has no background problems and is a top ten LT in this league. Plus he would help out your run game which has not been tip top for two years now. There's nothing like on 3rd and 1 running behind a 6 foot 9 340 pound LT, it's doesn't get any better than that.

Comment

Ravens will match

I don't know why he wouldn't do it... The guy is only 23 years old has no background problems and is a top ten LT in this league. Plus he would help out your run game which has not been tip top for two years now. There's nothing like on 3rd and 1 running behind a 6 foot 9 340 pound LT, it's doesn't get any better than that.
                The thing is, the Ravens know they are not going to get anyone better at #25 or #31. But they do not want to overpay Gaither. The Colts do not overpay for free agents, so chances are, the Ravens match the Colts offer even if we give up our first round pick thus retaining him. Plus, the Colts have too much respect for Ozzie Newsome to include any poison pill clauses in the contract like the Vikes did with the Seahawks with the Hutchinson deal. That is why this is unlikely to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by chad72 View Post
                  Plus, the Colts have too much respect for Ozzie Newsome to include any poison pill clauses in the contract like the Vikes did with the Seahawks with the Hutchinson deal. That is why this is unlikely to happen.
                  This is just crazy... To much repect for Ozzie. If it makes your team better you do it, no matter what. If you guys do add a poison pill, Ozzie should call you and say... You got me, tried to save some money and you got me. If Ozzie didn't want anyone messing with his OT he should of slapped him with a 1st and 3rd.

Comment

This is just crazy... To much repect for Ozzie. If it makes your team better you do it, no matter what. If you guys do add a poison pill, Ozzie should call you and say... You got me, tried to save some money and you got me. If Ozzie didn't want anyone messing with his OT he should of slapped him with a 1st and 3rd.
                    With the release of Ryan Lilja we are one step closer to getting Gaither. At least, in my dreams we are. I never expected Polian to drop Lilja like that, or to let it out that the Colts are openly looking to get bigger on the OL. So while I still think it is unlikely, it seems a little more possible they'll bring in Gaither, move Charlie Johnson to RT, and move Ryan Diem to guard.

Comment

Yeah but...

...I do think the NFL has some rules regarding poison pill clauses in contracts, just not sure how far it goes and what it states. The least we do is raise the re-signing price of Jared Gaither. Can 2nd offers be made by the Colts if we know the Ravens are willing to match a 1st offer from the Colts? Not sure if it can be done.

But yeah, letting go of Lilja might make the Gaither scenario more likely. But if Gaither does not happen, I doubt that CJ will be moved to guard, Polian would not want Peyton's blind side protected by a rookie, so CJ and Diem will remain at the ends and Saturday at center. The ones that will be drafted will most likely be OGs where we need to get bigger. I can see Jon Jerry of Ole Miss in round 2 or Ducasse at the top of round 2 if Polian trades down. I do however see a tackle prospect like Tony Washington of Abilene Christian drafted as a project for two years down the road.
                      Last edited by chad72; 03-09-2010, 04:47 PM.

Comment

It is not that easy

Originally posted by killxswitch View Post
                        With the release of Ryan Lilja we are one step closer to getting Gaither. At least, in my dreams we are. I never expected Polian to drop Lilja like that, or to let it out that the Colts are openly looking to get bigger on the OL. So while I still think it is unlikely, it seems a little more possible they'll bring in Gaither, move Charlie Johnson to RT, and move Ryan Diem to guard.
                        I think Ryan Diem will stay at RT, he is not as athletic enough as Charlie Johnson is to do pulling as a guard. Charlie might be the future RT but not right now, he will be moved to RG or LG.

Comment

I don't think our guards will need to pull much anymore. I doubt we see the stretch again. It just doesn't work, Manning doesn't get to the right spot fast enough anymore.

Comment

Alright guys, here's a question. If all these players were somehow available at the 31st pick, which would you want?

In no particular order:

- Brian Price, DT, UCLA
                            - Jared Odrick, DT, Penn State
                            - Anthony Davis, OT, Rutgers
                            - Trent Williams, OT, Oklahoma
                            - Mike Iupati, OL, Oklahoma
                            - Sergio Kindle, DE/OLB, Texas
                            - Jermaine Gresham, TE, Oklahoma
                            - Earl Thomas, S, Texas
                            - Brandon Graham, DE, Michigan
                            - Bruce Campbell, OT, Maryland
                            - Charles Brown, OT, USC
                            - Everson Griffen, DE, UCC
                            - Jerry Hughes, DE, TCU
                            - Sean Weatherspoon, LB, Mizzou
                            - Kyle Wilson, CB, Boise State
                            - Taylor Mays, S, USC

Comment

- Trent Williams, OT, Oklahoma
                              - Mike Iupati, OL, Oklahoma
                              - Anthony Davis, OT, Rutgers
                              - Brian Price, DT, UCLA
                              - Jared Odrick, DT, Penn State
                              - Kyle Wilson, CB, Boise State
                              - Sean Weatherspoon, LB, Mizzou

- Charles Brown, OT, USC
                              - Brandon Graham, DE, Michigan
                              - Jerry Hughes, DE, TCU
                              - Sergio Kindle, DE/OLB, Texas
                              - Everson Griffen, DE, UCC

- Jermaine Gresham, TE, Oklahoma
                              - Earl Thomas, S, Texas
                              - Taylor Mays, S, USC
                              - Bruce Campbell, OT, Maryland

Had a quick go at doing this... you'll see if I have 3 distinct groups, guys I would be very happy with guys I would settle for, and guys I really dont want either due to position of just not impressed with their play...

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986

Comment

Anthony Davis would top my list, with Trent Williams second.

UKfan, I understand your reasoning regarding Bruce Campbell, but as Polian has mentioned, talented LT prospects don't fall to late-1st round picks usually.

Campbell could be that guy. Sure he's raw, but with some development time, he could be a franchise LT.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information