Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2009 Regular Season - Week 17 Colts at Bills (Sunday 1pm ET)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Per Rotoworld:

Colts declared S Bob Sanders, S Jamie Silva, TE Tom Santi, DT Fili Moala, OL Dan Federkeil, OL Kyle DeVan, LB Cody Glenn and third QB Curtis Painter inactive for Week 1 against the Jaguars.

No surprises there.
    Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

Oh COME ON!

RUN IT IN!

What a stupid way to end a GREAT drive.

Comment

Wow, just wow.

We are being extremely stupid right now.

Comment

What happened to Gonzalez any updates?

Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
          12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

Steddy Ambition!
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao

Comment

Well ****. Good game guys. I think the division is yours still.

by BoneKrusher
            <DG> how metal unseen
            <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

I'm not going to write a book, but here are some thoughts:
              • The Colts offense looked somewhat shaky in the first game of the season, as usual. This has been going on every year since 03. Remember the Manning Bowl in 06? Peyton threw some real bonehead passes in that game too, which the Giants dropped like Considine today did.
              • The stretch play is dead. Dead, done with, over. The sooner the Colts realize that, the better. But it's okay because they can run between tackle-guard (B gap) and guard-center (A gap). They just have to actually do that, which I hope they will. Also they should run more on the left side and the middle than the right side, I think, as Diem is not a great run-blocker and Pollak has the potential to pull very well.
              • Stupid stretch play attempts hurt the running game average and the Colts offense. When they did run B gap or A gap like they should, they ran okay to well. Brown is better than Addai though, and if Addai was hurt like booth commentator Solomon Wilcots thinks (but I don't believe it myself), Addai completely played through it and even waived Brown off the field at times. Having Brown is a double bonus, because he's great and he's going to push Addai.
              • I like Eric Foster period. But I also like Eric Foster the fullback.
              • Just like the last two years, I continue to beg Peyton to throw to his RBs. Please Peyton, throw them the ball all day, it's for the taking. 55 receptions for Addai and 45 receptions for Brown, at least, for my tastes. Pass the runningbacks the ball, they can gain twice what they can rush for and it moves the chains. Please Peyton.
              • Reggie Wayne told Michael Irvin that his nickname for this season is the Undertaker. Because he's going to slay fools this year. So true.
              • Gonzalez's injury was terrifying, but Jason La Canfora of NFL Network is saying it's a knee sprain that will keep him out for 2-6 weeks. That's not great news obviously but it's not the worst news, so I hope that is all it is and he can come back healthy this year.
              • Charlie Johnson played well today? I didn't notice any blunders at all, so I would think so. Stick with Charlie, Ugoh doesn't have the head for it.
              • Defense had some sketchy moments, but they played very well overall. They won this game for the most part, really. The defense looked improved already from last year.
              • Gary Brackett was huge on the last two Jags plays with his pass rushing on Garrard. Way to go, Brackett.
              • I love Jerraud Powers. What a gem, what a find. It's like the Colts had two 1st round picks this year with him and Donald Brown.
              • Existing studs in Dwight Freeney, Robert Mathis, and Kelvin Hayden: well done today.
              • Special teams was great. I don't blame Vinatieri for the wide left miss because the Colts should never have attempted the 52-yd FG imo, that was a stupid decision by Caldwell (he had a few himself today) to go for it.
              • Caldwell made some stupid decisions, hopefully he learns from them like a good rookie NFL head coach. Caldwell did learn from that FG error and had the Colts punt the next time, which had them pin the Jags on the 1/2-yards line. Awesome! I can never remember that happening under loser Purnell.
              • Most important thing: Colts win! And they have the early lead on the AFC South division, like I thought they would coming out of this game.

Comment

I can never remember that happening under loser Purnell.
                guess who Purnell coaches for now :(

by BoneKrusher
                <DG> how metal unseen
                <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

Oh I knew. He did previously coach the Baltimore Ravens ST including when they won the SB in 2000, so maybe he works out for you guys. But he was awful year after year in Indianapolis, yet Dungy wouldn't fire him or Ron Meeks.

Dungy was such a hypocrite. How can players lose jobs when they don't perform or be replaced with better players, but coaches can't be fired and replaced? Thankfully he retired.

Comment

With Gonzo being out the next few weeks who do you guys see starting?

Comment

I think we'll see a combination of three things:

1. Reggie Wayne and Dallas Clark probably getting more targets, because Peyton trusts them the most.

2. (Hopefully) A few more passes to the RBs, because Addai and Brown can do well in that area even if the running game is meager. Which it probably will be the next two weeks, playing at Miami and at Arizona, both in primetime.

3. Both rookie slot receiver Austin Collie and second-year outside receiver Pierre Garcon will share the load of making up for Gonzo's absence.

I wish I could say it was just one guy, because I have the #1 waiver wire priority in two of my FF leagues and it would be great to get Gonzalez production from a guy in his place, but I can't point to one guy to do that. Maybe it happens, we'll see.

If I was pressed to make a guess, because the Colts will line up with at least two receivers on almost every play, I guess Pierre Garcon would be the guy to target. He plays outside and he has speed that the Colts like.

Comment

Thanks for the help my FF team really took a hit with players going down I'm in a real jam at WR. :(

Comment

Pick up Garcon, hopefully he does an awesome job helping the Colts win and helping your team win.

Any chance Devery Henderson is available in your league?

Comment

Originally posted by Geo View Post
                            Pick up Garcon, hopefully he does an awesome job helping the Colts win and helping your team win.

Any chance Devery Henderson is available in your league?
                            No DH is gone but I did pick up his teammate Lance Moore I all most took Lee Evans over Gonzo but I didn't like the Bills OL or QB so took a shot on Gonzo I fail.

Comment

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=290913011

Sources confirmed an NFL.com report to ESPN's Adam Schefter that Gonzalez had a strained ligament in his knee and will likely miss at least a few weeks.

Comment

God no...

At least its not THAT bad. Comon Garçon!!!

Sig by BoneKrusher
                                Originally posted by killxswitch
                                Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information