Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2009 Regular Season - Week 17 Colts at Bills (Sunday 1pm ET)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guys, the Colts have a great opportunity tonight.

The Pats, Steelers, Chargers, Titans, and Jags all lost yesterday. The only unbeaten teams right now are the Jets (who look pretty good), the Ravens (who have an offense now but their defense isn't what it was), and the lucky Broncos. Now is the time to really step on the gas and get out to an early lead in the AFC.

Comment

Let's hope so.

I'm wondering if we'll see the Colts really push the issue with the no-huddle tonight, to get that Dolphins' 3-4 defense winded. Possible with Collie and Garcon?
      Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

Originally posted by Geo View Post
        Let's hope so.

I'm wondering if we'll see the Colts really push the issue with the no-huddle tonight, to get that Dolphins' 3-4 defense winded. Possible with Collie and Garcon?
        I assume they will simplify the offense some, with Baskett still learning and Collie and Garcon having increased roles. I don't know if that means more or less huddles.

Comment

Passing to RBs is critical

Geo is right, Peyton using the RBs and TEs underneath will gas their aging defense. Last year, the reason the Dolphins were good was because Pennington could move the chains with dinks and dunks thus allowing the aging D's legs to be fresh. We need to do the same to tire their legs.

Comment

The Stretch Play

Originally posted by Stampede Blue

What I didn't like

The stretch play. It's not that I have a problem with the play itself, just the guys up front trying to block for it. I think Ryan Lilja might be a little rusty on it, but what is the excuse for Diem and Pollak? Running to the right side was an automatic loss of yards. The Jaguars front 7 is not that good. Donald Brown and Joseph Addai are good running backs who should be able to run all over this defense. There needs to be some changes on the offensive line, starting with the right side of it.

The right side of the line is a mess. Mike Pollak is looking more and more like a bust. The stretch play to the right side is a death sentence. Any run to the right side is a death sentence. Almost every decent run was to the left side. Right tackle and right guard are the two biggest concerns on the team. There was no run blocking on the right side. Peyton got clobbered by a Jaguar coming from the right side of the line. I'm worried about the O-line.
            Let's set the record straight. I agree with the first couple of words. I didn't like the stretch play either. I completely disagree though with Colts Homer's analysis of this. The stretch play did not break down because of Mike Pollak or Ryan Diem. It broke down because of three players. Those three players are Pierre Garcon, Dallas Clark and Jeff Saturday. I drew some nice little diagrams to show why (I have way too much time on my hands!).

When run correctly, the Stretch Play has the Defensive Linemen taken by the Right Guard and the Right Tackle. The Receiver blocks his Cornerback and the Tight End and the Center are to take on the Linebackers, leaving the Running Back one on one with the Safety. The problem the Colts had was Jeff Saturday wasn't getting out fast enough, while Garcon was constantly letting Mathis free, and we all know that Dallas Clark isn't the greatest Run Blocker either. The Colts had problems running the Stretch Play, but it wasn't Mike Pollak or Ryan Diem's fault.
            Originally posted by George Carlin

In Football the object is for the Field General to be on target with his aerial assault, riddling the Defence by hitting his Receivers with deadly accuracy, in spite of the Blitz, even if he has to use the Shotgun. With short bullet passes and long bombs he marches his troops into enemy territory, balancing this aerial assault with a sustained ground attack which punches holes in the forward wall of the enemy’s Defensive Line.

In Baseball the object is to go home and be safe.

Comment

come on peyton couple more of those 80yard tds i need 50 freaking fantasy points from you to win! haha

Comment

Ok, that was about as ugly defensive effort as I've seen.

And I've seen PLENTY of ugly defensive efforts as a Colts fan.

Comment

STOP WITH THE Soft-Zone COVERAGE!!!!

Pennington can't throw it past 10 yards.

Comment

COME ON D! Step up here!

Comment

I honestly don't know what to think right now.

Comment

Well, we are certainly lucky to be 2-0.

But there is room for improvement. I don't think you guys will argue with that.

Comment

What would the Colts do without Peyton?

This man doesn't even need a quarter to win a game. We had no business winning this game but for Peyton and his big plays.

Gosh, we are so lucky to see this guy play for the Colts!!! Enough said.

Comment

Originally posted by chad72 View Post
                            Gosh, we are so lucky to see this guy play for the Colts!!! Enough said.

Couldn't have said any better. Makes ya realize how much about 30 other NFL teams wish they had Manning for QB.

Comment

Simply amazing.
                              Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

Offense, other than a few dumbass moves earlier on, was unbelievably good. Even the running game (when the playcalling wasn't cripplingly stupid) was on, vs. a team that really stuffed Michael Turner a week before.

The defense looked like a Ron Meeks defense. The DBs gave a huge cushion (against Noodle Arm Pennington?!). The LBs bit on every fake, misdirection, and wildcat nonsense play. Freeney and Mathis ran upfield past the play yet again, and were jumping offsides way too much. The DTs got blown off the line time and time again. It was straight up 2006/early 08 Colts defense.

I think they'll do better vs. the Cards. They'll have to, Warner can actually throw downfield and has receivers who will catch it. And then run with it!

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information