Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You stay classy Gregg Williams.
    Originally posted by Scott Wright
    I could also go on a rant about how Uncle Joe from Willky Wonka is a major dick.

Comment

Not just PFT

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/3...s-into-sinners

Others have caught on, too.

Comment

Freeney is injured

$#%@!!!!!!!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playof...ory?id=4874674

I hope he can still go and be effective, even if in limited role.

Comment

Colts are going to win.

Comment

Originally posted by MaxV View Post
            $#%@!!!!!!!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playof...ory?id=4874674

I hope he can still go and be effective, even if in limited role.
            I've heard it suggested that he and Mathis should switch so Freeney can pivot off of his left leg. IMO that'd be better than him not playing at all.

I still think we can win without him, but it will be a lot harder.

Comment

good luck on the game and handling the pre game stress, I hope you guys will hate the result but I hope its going to be a good one. Ill try and keep the trolling to a minimum, btw are you guys as stressed out as I am?

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
              - No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
              - Corner or Wideout in the first
              - No reaching
              - No Kelvin Benjamin

Comment

I'm calm.

Even if Freeney will go, I think Brock will get the majority of snaps. We might need to blitz a bit more in this game.

Comment

I'm not stressed. Excited, but not really stressed, no. Freeney will probably only be rotated in for obvious passing situations, which I expect will be hard with Payton calling the plays. Probably a lot of throws on 1st and 2nd down and changes to run plays when Freeney comes in.

Comment

I take it that you are a Saints fan

Originally posted by wicket View Post
                    good luck on the game and handling the pre game stress, I hope you guys will hate the result but I hope its going to be a good one. Ill try and keep the trolling to a minimum, btw are you guys as stressed out as I am?
                    I am assuming you are a Saints fan. Losses happen, one team has to lose. If that team happens to be the Colts, I'd personally rather lose to Brees and the Saints than Favre & the Vikings, enough said.:)

It is a media circus and a 24/7 world of hype we live in, the best thing is tune everything out and come back for kickoff on SB Sunday. I am never able to enjoy the pre-game festivities of my team because all I care about is the result of the game. But if my team wins, I regret not enjoying the time leading up to it. Someday, maybe someday, I will learn to relax and care two hoots about the game and be able to separate tailgating from the actual game, win or lose.

I am sure winning 2 SBs will help as a Colts fan. Anything else for Manning, I would consider gravy as a fan regardless of how serious the team is.:)

Comment

Agree with Chad. Before the Bears/Colts SB 3 years ago I was a bit worried how the team would play, but that was just nerves blasting off. This year, I feel pretty relaxed, the Colts have shown they are capable of beating anyone anywhere regardless of the style that teams play against them. That said, the Saints team is the best team they will play all year in all 3 phrases. If the Colts lose, sure I'll be bummed about it, but at least the Saints would then get a huge W for their franchise and for the entire region.

Really don't find the things that G.Williams said last week insulting or anything, he's a D Coordinator, what else is he suppose to say? The media, who have nothing to really write about this time of the year, really just went with that and ran with the story and grossly blew it out of proportion. Brees and Pierre Thomas are both Big Ten players, which I typically root for when they make it to the NFL. It was great watching Brees set all kind of records while at Purdue under Tiller's version of the Spread and great to see a non-traditional Big Ten power win games. Football wise, Brees put that program back on the map. Sean Payton was my universities all time leading QB stats wise going back to the mid 1980s, at Eastern Illinois, until Tony Romo came along, so it's hard to root against him as a coach.

Like Chad, I don't watch much to any pre-game stuff. Rather spend time with friends than listening to any pregame deal. and family I find that if I do, the game is just less enjoyable to watch. Just show the game, that's all I care about.

More than anything, I want to see a well played game w/out injuries by either team. Like the Colts chances of winning the game, but if they don't ithen it means a great team, the Saints have won for a great city.

Comment

You guys should be able to demolish the saints. They only put up 31 points on us after we turned the ball over 5 times. And I know for a fact that your offense will take care of the ball better than we would have. Good luck, i'm rooting or ya guys.

sig by fenikz
                        Originally posted by ImBrotherCain
                        You are just a terrible person.
                        Originally posted by bigbluedefense
                        I have an iPhone.

Comment

Originally posted by vikes_28 View Post
                          You guys should be able to demolish the saints. They only put up 31 points on us after we turned the ball over 5 times. And I know for a fact that your offense will take care of the ball better than we would have. Good luck, i'm rooting or ya guys.
                          I know every matchup is different but I just don't think the Saints defense is going to be able to stop the Colts. Thanks for the well wishes. I know it must suck to see your team choke like that (believe me as a Colts fan I've seen more than a few post season chokes), but I am glad we're playing the Saints as I think the Vikings would've been a tougher matchup for us.

Comment

This is how I see it

Originally posted by killxswitch View Post
                            I know every matchup is different but I just don't think the Saints defense is going to be able to stop the Colts. Thanks for the well wishes. I know it must suck to see your team choke like that (believe me as a Colts fan I've seen more than a few post season chokes), but I am glad we're playing the Saints as I think the Vikings would've been a tougher matchup for us.
                            Saints are the Chargers of the NFC, they are a very good screening team, they have tall WRs that can outjump our CBs and they can get a lot of big plays on their passing offense. Brees' has had his share of struggles against the Cover 2 and Cover 3 schemes of the Bucs in the past, Coyer's experience at Tampa and in Denver (though Brees' was in a different offensive scheme with the Chargers) playing against Brees should help.

To me, this game is about 2 key things for the Colts to win the game:

1. Running the ball for over 100 yards to control tempo, minimize turnovers that the Saints' D thrives on, keep our DL rotation fresh with Freeney not playing most downs even if he plays, and do what other teams do to Manning, keep Brees' on the sidelines and restrict their playcalling if they fall behind. The Saints have given up 19 rushing TDs while they gave up 15 passing TDs and 26 INTs. Most of their playoff TDs have also been rushing TDs. What does that tell you? Pass and run in a balanced fashion to get to the red zone, and while in the red zone, run more than pass thus reducing the turnover factor the Saints' D thrives on.

2. Our LBs and CBs tackling real well and keeping things in front of them thus possibly forcing a mistake from the Saints' offense if they go for a big play every now and then. If the tackling is bad, all bets are off. We know we have the speed to get to the RB that catches the screen pass, the question is can we get him down with a sure tackle almost every time.

I think I may have touched upon this a while ago. I do feel our pass D has slightly regressed with all the injuries to our secondary but our run D numbers have improved compared to the previous year (if you take the last 2 games' numbers away). But the key to note is the Saints still rely on the run for their play action to work. If the Saints cannot run the ball well, their playcalling can get one-dimensional and easier for us to defend.

Comment

With Saints big play capability, we'll have to play 2-deep, which will create running opportunities.

In the game like this, our LBs will have to play VERY well both vs. the run and vs. the pass.

I hope we take it.

Comment

Congrats Saints. A well deserved victory.

Man, we made so many mistakes in this game. Dropped passes, missed assignments, bad reads, bad play-calling, inability to get a on-side kick. You name it.

I hope we improve next season.
                                Last edited by MaxV; 02-07-2010, 09:24 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information