The Official 2010 Colts Preseason Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MaxV View Post
    10 O-linemen is too many. Linkenbach will be on PS, i think.

Favorite has made a case for himself also. Brandon James has also.

I think 2 of Tuihalamaka, Conner and Glenn will make it.
    I think last night Brandon James made a bit of a case for himself but it came down to him or Fisher. I liked Favorite but the problem was that there were 3 spots for him, King and Matthews. Matthews brings greater versatility and I think King has been better than Favorite.

We carried, for the most part, 9 Offensive Linemen last year and that was with the Starter position locked down at one Guard position. This year we don't have a sure fire starter at either Guard position. We have two injury prone starting Tackles and their principle backup, if we cut Linkenbach, will be the probable starter at Left Guard.
    Originally posted by George Carlin

In Football the object is for the Field General to be on target with his aerial assault, riddling the Defence by hitting his Receivers with deadly accuracy, in spite of the Blitz, even if he has to use the Shotgun. With short bullet passes and long bombs he marches his troops into enemy territory, balancing this aerial assault with a sustained ground attack which punches holes in the forward wall of the enemy’s Defensive Line.

In Baseball the object is to go home and be safe.

Comment

You are hurting Special Teams coverage unit by carrying too many slow, 300+ lbs players.

I think we carry more then 6 LBs.

Comment

I would say that if we take less than 10 O-Linemen then it will be Thomas and not Linkenbach who will be put on the Practice Squad. If Ugoh is the starter at Left Guard and the team cut Linkenbach then it leaves absolutely no cover at Tackle, with two injury prone players at both Tackle spots.

I could see Kavell Conner making the team as a replacement for one of those Linemen (I really haven't been impressed by Glenn in training camp or preseason). Personally, if it was purely for Special Teams, I wouldn't bring in a new Linebacker to replace the Linemen. I'd bring in Giguere instead. He's probably been the team's best Gunner during Preseason.

In Football the object is for the Field General to be on target with his aerial assault, riddling the Defence by hitting his Receivers with deadly accuracy, in spite of the Blitz, even if he has to use the Shotgun. With short bullet passes and long bombs he marches his troops into enemy territory, balancing this aerial assault with a sustained ground attack which punches holes in the forward wall of the enemy’s Defensive Line.

Comment

Well, from what I've heard, Jamie Thomas has looked good at camp, especially in run-blocking.

But I do agree that we have virtually no depth at OT.

Comment

Erwin Baldwin

Erwin Baldwin has played better than King and Favorite this pre-season, IMO. His relentless motor in pursuit of RBs from the back or pass rushing from the edge has led me to believe we carry 5 DEs since Jerry Hughes is still learning.

DEs - Freeney, Mathis, Chick, Hughes, Baldwin

DTs - Mookie, Muir, Moala, Foster, one of Mitch King/Marlon Favorite/Ricardo Mathews

Brandon James has not stood out in the return dept., the fact that we are stacked at WR goes against him while the fact that we are thin at CB favors Ray Fisher, IMO. Plus, Brandon James has struggled holding on to balls in traffic and he is what 5'6", 5'7"? He is not a natural wideout, and it shows. Plus, I get flashbacks of the Colts cutting Courtney Roby for a fumble during a return. Good that he turned things around while playing for the Saints but he did not do well for the Colts, that is the bottom line. So, that muffed punt against Packers starters is a big checkmark against Brandon James, those will be the kind of players he will be going against. Plus, I really doubt Brandon James would catch those TD passes against starting CBs in the league that he did yesterday. Too much of a limited role for him.

Blair White played ST as a hands/coverage guy too and given that we had WRs go down 2 times in the last 3 years (Harrison in 2007 & Gonzo in 2009), I'd rather have a 5th WR that can at least move the chains with reliable hands than agonize over dropped balls from Aaron Moorehead and Hank Baskett that stalled drives, like we did in 2007 & 2009.

Comment

Taj Smith has torn his hamstring, won't be on the 53, while Ray Fisher, Adam Terry And Marlon Favorite have been cut.

PS: This is actual Seamus2602. Accidentaly signed in as my brother's account.
              Last edited by AntoinCD; 09-04-2010, 06:55 AM.

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig

Comment

Brandon James, Mike Newton, Colin Cloherty

Brandon James, Mike Newton, Colin Cloherty have all been cut.

Comment

Apparently the team have also cut Blair White.

Comment

Originally posted by Seamus2602 View Post
                    Apparently the team have also cut Blair White.
                    Only 4 WRs on active roster. I think Tamme will be used as a WR5.

Comment

Colts 2010 Practice Squad:

Newton, Mike, DB, 5-10, 197, R, Buffalo
                      Brown, Cornelius, DB, 5-11, 198, R, Texas-El Paso
                      Chick, John, DE, 6-4, 248, 1, Utah State
                      James, Brandon, KR, 5-7, 176, R, Florida
                      Fulton, Xavier, OT, 6-5, 301, 2, Illinois
                      Brandstater, Tom, QB, 6-5, 223, 2, Fresno State
                      White, Blair, WR, 6-2, 205, R, Michigan State
                      Arnett, Alric, WR, 6-2, 189, R, West Virginia

All in all I am happy we retained all these guys

Sig by Stephenson86

Comment

I'm pretty happy with the Practice Squad. It holds a couple of guys I though should have made the 53, like Tom Brandstater, Blair White and John Chick, as well as bringing in Xavier Fulton, who as a prospect I was quite keen on a couple of years ago.

Comment

I started the 2010 Season thread.

http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...ad.php?t=42686

Comment

Working...
                          X

Debug Information