Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official Colts 2010 Season Thread - Week 17 (Titans 20 - Colts 23)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good game. Any normal game you would win, just got some bad breaks. We can and never have been able to stop Wayne.

by BoneKrusher
    <DG> how metal unseen
    <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

Great. Jags offense plays like crap before they face us. 31 points. Horrible game by the D.

Man, this team still has a bunch of holes. Holes that Polian just seems to ignore.

Comment

Since 2006:

- The DTs are too small and get pushed back by average OL
        - Our CBs give too big of a cushion
        - Our midget LBs fall for misdirection and overpursue

Why are we still running this same stupid defensive scheme with the same personnel problems 4 years later? When Dungy was here it only barely worked because he had the ear of the whole team and they played disciplined. It was a bad defense then and now that Dungy is gone the discipline is gone with it. So we have a team that can't stop the run or the pass.

Meanwhile Manning has played maybe the best first 4 games of the season he ever has. His career as a Colt has been largely wasted. He's not even the highest-paid QB anymore, there is no excuse for the team to have a bad defense year after year and an OL that has gotten worse and worse since winning the SB.

Comment

Agree with ya, lousy O-Line, undisciplined D-line in the running game and no logic for Polian on a number of pics. Caldwell calling a TO on 2nd and 2 didn't help matters. I think in next year's draft, we need to target run blockers, a starting caliber LT and some run stuffing DTs. Bigger LBs would be good too. Making the playoffs with as many holes as this team has will be tough but doable. I'm thinking we're a 10-6 or 9-7 team right now without much improvement.

Realize Polian wanted to surround Manning with plenty of skill position players, but he forgot the bread and butter . .. the O-Line. The whiff picks of Ugoh and Pollack don't help.

Comment

I'm kinda down on Caldwell.

What do you guys think?

Sig by BoneKrusher
            Originally posted by killxswitch
            Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.

Comment

Originally posted by RCAChainGang View Post
              I'm kinda down on Caldwell.

What do you guys think?
              What does he do exactly?

BTW, our problems aren't only personnel. Our defensive scheme is basically a "prevent" defense.

It seems that our defensive coaches get out-coached frequently and rarely make in-game adjustments.

We seem to be very predictable on defense, with obvious weak spots.
              Last edited by MaxV; 10-05-2010, 07:56 AM.

Comment

I don't think much of him right now but I am not ready to fire him.

Last year Caldwell made a bunch of moves that seemed like no-brainers but that Dungy refused to make. Examples:

- Fired Russ Purnell
                - Didn't renew Ron Meeks' contract
                - Benched a bunch of losers like Ugoh and Pollak
                - Made good in-game adjustments

No one is perfect so mistakes are expected. But the timeout at the end of the game was incredibly dumb. If Hayden had caught that INT it still would've been dumb. What really bothers me is that he defended the decision and says he'd do it again. This indicated either an unwillingness to admit mistakes or insanity, and neither is a good option.

Comment

Well, I'm pretty sure he would make a different decision (unless, he's REALLY dumb).

He just said it to stand firm in front of the media.

Comment

Bullitt likely out for the rest of the season.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5650578

Wow, this is getting ugly. We might be in trouble here.

Who will replace him?

Comment

Originally posted by MaxV View Post
                      Well, I'm pretty sure he would make a different decision (unless, he's REALLY dumb).

He just said it to stand firm in front of the media.
                      If he wouldn't then I don't see any point in saying he would. He is not saving any face, he just looks either stubborn or stupid. Or both, really.

If Bulitt is out for the season we are in big trouble.

Comment

Who replaces Bullitt?

Morgan, King or someone new?

King seems more of a FS, but he might help our pass coverage.
                        Last edited by MaxV; 10-05-2010, 09:12 AM.

Comment

For now probably Morgan. They might take a look at Michael Lewis, who the 49ers just released per his request.

Comment

Lots of unsatisfying roster movement tonight.

Mitch King waived.
                            Melvin Bullit and Devon Moore IRed
                            Kenny Moore, Mike Newton, and Aaron Francisco signed.

I hate this season. The lone bright spot could be Ricardo Matthews getting some PT.

Comment

Originally posted by killxswitch View Post
                              Lots of unsatisfying roster movement tonight.

Mitch King waived.
                              Melvin Bullit and Devon Moore IRed
                              Kenny Moore, Mike Newton, and Aaron Francisco signed.

I hate this season. The lone bright spot could be Ricardo Matthews getting some PT.
                              Yeah...

Love the sig by the way.

Sig by BoneKrusher
                              Originally posted by killxswitch
                              Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.

Comment

Nooooo!

Not Mitch!

Is Keyunta Dawson really better?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information