Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official Colts 2010 Season Thread - Week 17 (Titans 20 - Colts 23)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MaxV View Post
    Why is Kenny Moore still our KR? He blows.

Give Brandon James a shot.
    I doubt he'll make it through the rest of this week. They put Powers in at the end of the game, when Powers had been having a great game. They had to have done that because they were done with Moore. He is terrible. Even if he'd hung onto the ball his "returns" were pretty poor.

Comment

Pat McAfee......I don't know how to describe this. There are just no words.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5706081

Comment

Kenny Moore was cut this week. As for Pat, ugh.

Asked by police how much he had to drink, McAfee said "A lot cause I am drunk," according to the report.
        LMAO, what a great response. Pat seemed like a free-wheeling dude, this kinda proves that.

Comment

Hey at least he didn't try to drive. Pretty dumb move on his part but it could've been much worse.

Comment

McAfee has been suspended by the team for 1 game (the Houston game), while multiple sources are reporting that Dallas Clark is out indefinitely, possibly for the Season.
            Originally posted by George Carlin

In Football the object is for the Field General to be on target with his aerial assault, riddling the Defence by hitting his Receivers with deadly accuracy, in spite of the Blitz, even if he has to use the Shotgun. With short bullet passes and long bombs he marches his troops into enemy territory, balancing this aerial assault with a sustained ground attack which punches holes in the forward wall of the enemy’s Defensive Line.

In Baseball the object is to go home and be safe.

Comment

I hope Tamme can step up. We'll need him.

Comment

The suspension for McAfee is ridiculous. Moala didn't even get a slap on the wrist (that we know of) and he DROVE WHILE DRUNK. McAfee was walking around and did not put anyone else in danger.

As for Clark he has not had that great of a year but obviously the rest of the receivers will miss the coverage he drew. I hope it is just a few weeks and not the whole season.

Comment

A "rare" wrist injury.

Ok, WTF does that mean?

Comment

Originally posted by killxswitch View Post
                    The suspension for McAfee is ridiculous. Moala didn't even get a slap on the wrist (that we know of) and he DROVE WHILE DRUNK. McAfee was walking around and did not put anyone else in danger.

As for Clark he has not had that great of a year but obviously the rest of the receivers will miss the coverage he drew. I hope it is just a few weeks and not the whole season.
                    If Clark had kept pace for the rest of the season he would have had the 2nd best year of his career in both Receptions and Yards, and the 3rd best year of his career in Touchdowns.

Moala had one too many drinks and drove home in early evening. Yeah he was drink driving but was still far more sensible that McAfee.

Also, Caldwell has indicated that it isn't as much the difference between McAfee and Moala's cases but more the Colts shifting policy after the 4th Alcohol related incident in as many months.
                    Originally posted by George Carlin

In Football the object is for the Field General to be on target with his aerial assault, riddling the Defence by hitting his Receivers with deadly accuracy, in spite of the Blitz, even if he has to use the Shotgun. With short bullet passes and long bombs he marches his troops into enemy territory, balancing this aerial assault with a sustained ground attack which punches holes in the forward wall of the enemy’s Defensive Line.

In Baseball the object is to go home and be safe.

Comment

Tough game coming up. This is a must win, we can't afford to be 0-3 within the division.

Comment

Paul Kuharsky had a good blog post about the AFC South and specifically this game against Houston.

You don’t need me to tell you the magnitude of Monday night’s game between the Texans and Colts at Lucas Oil Stadium.

A Colts win puts them at 5-2. They will be either a half game up or down on the Titans, who will be 6-2 or 5-3 after a Sunday afternoon game in San Diego. The Colts will be a game ahead of 4-3 Houston. Indianapolis would have washed away the Texans’ head-to-head tie-breaking advantage by evening the season series.

A Texans win puts them at 5-2. They will either a half game up or down on the Titans, who will be 6-2 or 5-3. They will be a game and a half up on the 4-3 Colts. They’d hold a tie-breaker over Indianapolis from the sweep of the season series.

Seven or eight games into the season is early to talk playoff scenarios.

Except for this: I don’t believe two teams from the AFC South are getting into the playoffs.

Barring catastrophes, I think New England and the New York Jets are locks out of the AFC East and that Pittsburgh and Baltimore are locks out of the AFC North.

That leaves only one spot for the AFC South. Win the division, or you may be staying home, even with a great record. Lose Monday night, and you’re chances at the division crown take a significant fall.
                        http://espn.go.com/blog/afcsouth/pos...e-playoff-spot

Comment

Steelers, Jets and Ravens are all VERY lucky to win their last games.

I'm not sure I would put them under "locks" category just yet.

The Titans look as impressive as any of those teams.

Comment

Good win.

Plenty of things to like and not to like about this game.

- Man, TACKLE THE BALL-CARRIER! This needs to be corrected. I'm sorry, this is just inexcusable.

- Please tell me Mike Hart is ok. Please, please, please. He ran VERY well today. He is such a decisive runner, unlike Brown.

- Jacob Tamme can play. I can see why Colts' trusted him to step up.

- TERRIBLE game by Ryan Diem. Those penalties could've been VERY costly.

- As expected, some dropped passes and miss-communication with receivers, but they did fine. Gonzo needs to get up to speed with the offense. He and Peyton weren't on the same page on several plays. When is Collie coming back?

- Still see the linebackers overrunning the plays.

- Depleted secondary did a decent job. Tryon was a decent pickup imo.

Comment

Mike Hart: 3 more carries than Donald Brown, 68 more yards, 7 YPC average, averaging 4.7 YPC on the season. I always said he'd be a good NFL RB if someone would give him a chance to get a decent amount of carries. Of course I'm a Michigan fan, so I'm biased.
                              Last edited by ironman4579; 11-02-2010, 11:26 AM.

Originally posted by Jakey
                              WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!

Comment

Call this is total team effort in achieving the W.

Free & Mathis dominated the Texans O-Line all night

Sessions played well - I hope he's resigned

Tyron and the Blair White Project were more than good returning kicks esp compared to some of the bums they've had back there this year - both were decisive and moved up field quickly

Agree on Diem, ugh

Hart did an awesome job on runs - he picked up additional yardage after getting hit for the 1st time, something we don't see from Brown and to some extent Addai

Peyt - what is there to say that hasn't been said - no modern NFL QB comes close in filling the role that he plays for the team

Our late game clock management wasn't good, 3 passes on our last drive to kill the clock resulted in less than 30 seconds in TOP. Texans got the ball back with more than 3 minutes left. Reminded me of the San Diego playoff loss from 2 years ago when they couldn't milk the clock.

Onto Philly to play the Vick/Kolb led Eagles.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information