Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official Colts 2010 Season Thread - Week 17 (Titans 20 - Colts 23)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We need Addai or Hart and Collie back. The offense is just too simple with only Garcon, Brown, and Tamme as the primary weapons (other than Wayne who is too slow to beat his double coverage).

Frankly I just don't think we will win in NE. I am surprised the team is 6-3 as it is.

Comment

Looks like Collie might play but Joe and Hart are still not playing. Our lack of talent on the O-Line is going to be exposed in this one. Garcon needs to come back to reality and start catching the ball since Reggie will be doubled for most of the game. Everyone needs to play awesome for the Colts to have a chance. If the Colts keep it close at halftime, I'll be mildly surprised.

Comment

The Pats DL is not that great so I don't think this will be the hardest test for the OL. That said I don't think the Colts have much of a chance in this one.

Comment

Why do we always find a way to lose against these guys?

We had them!

3 Ints from Peyton REALLY hurt.

I wish we had a running game. I knew that not having Hart or Addai would be a problem. Brown is good for 1 good run per game, but goes down on one-arm tackles almost every time.

D decided to take the whole first half off. Woke up in the 4th quarter.
          Last edited by MaxV; 11-21-2010, 11:34 PM.

Comment

Despite all the negatives, we had the ball inside the Pats 30 under 2 mins to go and win the game. Peyton's hurried throws were the difference. Should the Colts go ahead to win the division and make the playoffs this year, the rematch will for sure be in Pat land. Lack of D for most of the game killed any real chance of winning. Next up, the Chargers who seem to play the colts as well as anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by RagingColt View Post
              Despite all the negatives, we had the ball inside the Pats 30 under 2 mins to go and win the game. Peyton's hurried throws were the difference. Should the Colts go ahead to win the division and make the playoffs this year, the rematch will for sure be in Pat land. Lack of D for most of the game killed any real chance of winning. Next up, the Chargers who seem to play the colts as well as anyone.
              Not so sure about that. If the Jets keep winning the Patriots could be a 5th seed with a great record. As backwards as it is depending on seeding we could host them in the wildcard round.

Regardless this team is not going to win any playoff games on the road and the only reason we still have a shot at the division is because Tennessee and Houston are dysfunctional.

Comment

The last 6 games are pretty favourable. If we beat Jacksonville we only really need to win 3 of the other 5. Lose to Jacksonville and we probably need to win all 5. Of the 6 games 2 are against Dallas and Oakland. 4 are at home. The key issues will be when we get our injured players back. Addai, Hart, Collie, Brackett, Session, possibly even Bob Sanders will be back for the Titans game. Just remember that this team, with all the injuries that they have had, was 24 yards away from being 2nd in the AFC and 3rd in NFL.
                Originally posted by George Carlin

In Football the object is for the Field General to be on target with his aerial assault, riddling the Defence by hitting his Receivers with deadly accuracy, in spite of the Blitz, even if he has to use the Shotgun. With short bullet passes and long bombs he marches his troops into enemy territory, balancing this aerial assault with a sustained ground attack which punches holes in the forward wall of the enemy’s Defensive Line.

In Baseball the object is to go home and be safe.

Comment

So who is in and who is out for this game?

Please tell me it's not another week of Brown starting.

Comment

Sorry Max. And unfortunately Brown was the least of the problems tonight. The entire OL should be fired for their putrid performance this season.

This may be post-loss negativity but I think we should stop trying to win this season, making the playoffs would be counter productive. This team isn't winning anything in the post season. It's time to reload in the offseason and go away from small and fast because it just means injuries and not being able to field a capable team. We have a popgun offense and half the starting defense is out with injury.

I can't even bring myself to be upset at the no-call where Weddle knocked Wayne down and got a pick 6. It wouldn't have mattered.

Comment

Well, obviously I'm against giving up.

Don't forget about the 2006 season and how terrible our defense played during that regular season.

I'm still hopeful that we can turn it around.

We need to get healthy and fast.

Thankfully, our whole division has been self-destructing, not only us.

Comment

Colts have been a team that relies on the draft so much that even one mediocre class puts us in a tough situation.

Unfortunately, Polian has had several mediocre classes in row now. As a result, we have weaknesses in several positions.

Comment

Speaking of the draft, what's going on with Jerry Hughes? Anything? I didn't like the pick back then, and frankly its looking worse now

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986

Comment

Ugoh, Pollak, Gonzo, Brown, etc.

We could've gotten several good players instead of these guys.

It pisses me off.

Comment

Originally posted by UKfan View Post
                              Speaking of the draft, what's going on with Jerry Hughes? Anything? I didn't like the pick back then, and frankly its looking worse now
                              He got in on a few plays so far this season. But primarily he has been playing on ST.

I'm hoping he's not a bust, but it wouldn't shock me.

He is a good athlete, but not as explosive as either Freeney or Mathis. Plus he doesn't use his hands to shed blockers anywhere near as well as those 2.

Comment

Looking at next year's draft class, I'm really underwhelmed by the prospects at positions that are our biggest needs (OG, OT, DT).

Shane P. Hallam posted an interesting list of underclassmen that might declare. I hope all of them enter the draft.

Among those senior prospects that have a chance to fall to us, I would say that Nate Solder (OT), Demarcus Love (OT), Christian Ballard (DT) and Marcus Cannon (OG) intrigue me the most. Maybe Carimi also, as a Diem replacement at RT, but probably more of 2nd rounder.

I'm a bit iffy on Castonzo.

I love the DE prospects in this draft and a very talented one will probably be there for us. But could we pick a DE 2 years in a row?
                                Last edited by MaxV; 11-30-2010, 11:13 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information