No announcement yet.

The Official Colts Playoffs Thread - (Jets 17 - Colts 16) SEASON IS OVER. :(

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Official Colts Playoffs Thread - (Jets 17 - Colts 16) SEASON IS OVER. :(

Well, we made it. Luckily.

Please, lets have a more involved discussion.

We have plenty of intelligent posters. I'm looking forward to the opinions of key to this game by you guys.

I'll post my keys later.

vs.

Last edited by MaxV; 01-02-2011, 07:29 PM.

From the other thread..
    Can't stop running around the house like a little kid. Right now this team is eerily similar to 2006. For the most part we seem to be getting healthy and Jerry freakin Hughes made some plays!!! Plays like Collins fumbling at the end are just those "signs" that this team is destined to make some noise.

EDIT: In 2006 we were the #3 seed in the AFC...
    Last edited by Bob Sanders Dreadlock; 01-02-2011, 07:31 PM.
    Sam Bradford will be a bust- 2/24/2010

Colts Cardinals Bulls Hurricanes

Comment

Keys to the game vs. Jets

My keys to the game:

- Getting as many of our guys back as possible. Conner has played well, but he isn't as fast or experienced as Session. I'd rather have Hayden then Lacey also (leave Tryon as a starter, please). Who else am I forgetting?

- Stop the run! Stop the run! Stop the run! They did a heck of a job of that in the last 3 weeks, I hope they keep it up in the playoffs. Johnson, Moala and Foster (in situations) need to continue to do what they are capable of doing.

- More pass rush. Not much of that vs. the Titans. Freeney and Mathis gotta unleash the beasts inside them. And our interior guys, well they should rush the passer better then they have.

- Better play from our secondary wouldn't hurt either. I mean, I don't really blame them for today's game, Collins had the whole day to throw, but the DBs were biting on fakes too much today.

- Run the rock! Rhodes has found the fountain or youth (just needs to hold on to the ball), Addai and Brown are looking better as well. I've been impressed with our O-linemen (as far as run-blocking) lately also.

- Better play-calling. Lately, the offensive play-calling has forced me to scratch my head a bit. First, they've been predictable at times. Second, they've over-guessed themselves at time, trying to catch the defense by surprise.

- Passing offense being more efficient. With all the good things that we have had going for us in the last 3 weeks, the passing offense has actually been a bit inconsistent. 5 punts in the second half today, that's terrible. A lot of drops, inconsistent pass-blocking and Peyton forcing the issue a bit. I hope we get it together, it's our bread and butter.

- Special Teams. McAfee, well he was doing so well before that idiiotic swim of his. Adam is doing well. We are still giving up too many return yards, gotta fix that.
      Last edited by MaxV; 01-02-2011, 08:00 PM.

Comment

Well it was a nice run by the colts. to bad there gonna get pooped on lol.

what are you guys looking for in the draft? im trying to put together a solid mock.

Comment

Any posters are welcome to share their opinions in this thread, but no trolling.

For Colts' posters, ignore the stupid posters please.

Please don't turn this thread into a flame-fest.

Comment

This game probably gave me a new ulcer. I am really glad though that we're not backing into the playoffs. 9-7 and the 4th seed to me would've been almost worse than missing the playoffs altogether.

Manning's throws looked good today but either he or Christiansen need to figure out that 3 yard routes on 3rd and 10 don't work.

We REALLY need Hayden back. He has had his ups and downs but he is far better than either Lacey or Brown. Lacey + Tryon + Francisco + Brown = Kerry Collins tearing us up. I agree Tryon is the #2 corner on the roster now. He is better than Lacey, no doubt about it. If Powers and Hayden were healthy I would actually feel pretty good about our depth. But they're not so I don't.

Mookie and Moala have looked fantastic in run defense the last few weeks. It is obvious that AJ is feeling the best he has all year, he's very active and can shed blocks better than any other DT on the roster. Moala has been improving all season so they are peaking at the right time.

We lucked out in getting the Jets in the 1st round. I think we'll win that one. After that, I am concerned about the pass defense vs. a real QB. We haven't faced one of those since week 12.

Comment

- Garcon put some glue on those hands. For one every unexpected catch he makes he gives you a drop that makes you want to break everything in sight.

-Peyton has to figure out to play against the 3-4. Every team we will face in the AFC plays a 3-4.
              Sam Bradford will be a bust- 2/24/2010

Colts Cardinals Bulls Hurricanes

Comment

Don't underestimate the Jets.

With Cromartie and Revis back, they have a heck of a secondary and they can stop the run.

We might have to play small ball and win the turnover battle.

Comment

Originally posted by MaxV View Post

Reminds me of the '06 playoff game vs the Ravens.

Can't underestimate the Jets this week. Their pass rush isn't as good as it appeared late last year. That said Charlie and Diem need to have great games. Peyton took too many hits in the game vs the Titans in week17 but did do a good job moving around to buy extra time to throw. Garcon can't have an inconsistent game like he's had this season. I figure Revis will stick like glue to Wayne so both Garcon and White need solid to spectacular games for us to win.

Sanchize has been up and down this year so Free and Mathis need to get pressure early and often. The home crowd has to do it's part - should we win it would most likely be the last home game for this year. Got to make this one count.

Comment

I was just kidding around.

What are your top needs? I assume defense, front 7?

Comment

Originally posted by MaxV View Post

With Cromartie and Revis back, they have a heck of a secondary and they can stop the run.

Originally posted by RagingColt View Post
                      Reminds me of the '06 playoff game vs the Ravens.

Can't underestimate the Jets this week. Their pass rush isn't as good as it appeared late last year.
                      No, you can underestimate the Jets. I mean, they have Brian Schottenheimer at offensive coordinator and have implemented the prevent defense.

No, the Colts needs to look past the Jets and worry about the teams that currently have a bye week. :P

Comment

Jets' secondary scares me. Revis won't bite on Reggie's fakes and Cromartie won't get beat deep by Garcon. Tamme and White will have to play well. I also think Peyton should get the RBs involved in the passing game more.

On the other side of the ball, Jets' O-Line is excellent and it'll be very tough for our D-line. We'll have win battles at the line.

Comment

Cromartie is a scrub. I think garcon is a better player than him.

Comment

I agree Reggie will struggle to produce. Even though the Jets are having a down year rushing the passer they are not terrible. Just average. That is good enough to give our OL problems. So Garcon will have to fight his way open a few times, Tamme will have to play like Dallas as much as possible, and my bold prediction is that Eldridge will have 5+ catches and 60+ yards, and at least 1 TD. He will need to help Diem on the right side and should be able to sneak over the middle for some big catches. Blair White will have a few chances too but a Rex Ryan defense is still a Rex Ryan defense which means they'll send lots of pass rushers. So I expect a lot of 2 TE sets.

Comment

Then we definitely have to use Addai or Rhodes out of the backfield.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information