No announcement yet.

2011 Colts' Draft/Off-Season Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Too much depth on both lines in this draft to completely miss out.

If I say it enough I might believe it.

GABE CARIMI.

Comment

• Originally posted by killxswitch View Post
      Too much depth on both lines in this draft to completely miss out.

If I say it enough I might believe it.

GABE CARIMI.
      Bill Parcells has Carimi as a 3rd rounder i still cant figure it out.
      Sam Bradford will be a bust- 2/24/2010

Colts Cardinals Bulls Hurricanes

Comment

• Originally posted by Bob Sanders Dreadlock View Post
        Bill Parcells has Carimi as a 3rd rounder i still cant figure it out.
        Bill Parcels is overrated.

Here are my possibly optimistic picks for the Colts tonight.

1) OT Gabe Carimi
        1a) OT Derek Sherrod
        1b) DT Stephen Paea

2) OG Danny Watkins
        2a) DT Marvin Austin
        2b) CB Ras-I Dowling

3) SS Tyler Sash
        3a) S Deandre McDaniel
        3b) OG John Moffitt

4) OL Marcus Cannon
        4a) S Deunta Williams
        4b) LB Casey Matthews

5) TE Lee Smith
        5a) WR Ronald Johnson
        5b) RB Bilal Powell

6) SS Jermale Hines
        6a) OLB KJ Wright
        6b ) RB Delone Carter

Comment

• Castonzo.

Is it just me, or does he look more like a Linebacker in plain clothes?

I hope he proves me wrong and dominates. We really need an upgrade at the line.

Comment

• He is a finesse passblocking LT. He has no mean streak and is underpowered. Polian screwed up. Ugh.

Comment

• There are still very talented players left on the board.

I hope we can get multiple instant different-makers.

Comment

• Hudson or Ijalana are my top wants for Round 2, while Paea, Austin, and Hankerson would also be wins as far as I'm concerned.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
                <Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge

Comment

• I'd love to see Ben Ijalana go to Indy, I told him four years ago that would be the coolest thing ever.

Seriously, I don't know what I'd do.
                  Is that a rash?

Give JKPIGSKIN credit for this masterpiece

Comment

• I think the player I'm highest on for the 2nd round is Orlando Franklin. A great run blocker who can start right away. With him & a guard later on, maybe we could maybe run the ball from time to time.

Wouldn't mind Leonard Hankerson either, think I read somewhere that Chris Carter coached him in HS.

Comment

• Round two Austin
                      Round three Ahmad Black, but that may be reaching.

I just think we need someone at safety who is willing to get his hands dirty like Bob Sanders was. We need him to be able to make blows at the line in run support. He also is a pretty durable guy.

What do you guys think?

Sig by BoneKrusher
                      Originally posted by killxswitch
                      Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.

Comment

• Originally posted by RCAChainGang View Post
                        Round two Austin
                        Round three Ahmad Black, but that may be reaching.

I just think we need someone at safety who is willing to get his hands dirty like Bob Sanders was. We need him to be able to make blows at the line in run support. He also is a pretty durable guy.

What do you guys think?
                        He is slow and tiny. No thanks. I'd rather have someone like Tyler Sash, Deandre McDaniel, Deunta Williams, or even Jermale Hines.

Comment

• I put the rest of our needs in this order for the rest of the draft:

DT
                          SS
                          WR
                          RT/G
                          CB

Here's hoping that Castonzo hasn't peaked as a player.

Comment

• I keep on hearing that Castonzo's intelligence was a big factor.

We'll see. The few times that I've seen him play, he didn't look like a 1st rounder, but I keep on reading good things about him. I hope they are right.

Comment

• Originally posted by RagingColt View Post
                              I put the rest of our needs in this order for the rest of the draft:

DT
                              SS
                              WR
                              RT/G
                              CB

Here's hoping that Castonzo hasn't peaked as a player.
                              I would put RT, OG and SS towards the top.

Even if Castonzo is good from day 1, our O-Line would still be average at best with current personnel.

Comment

• Here's a post I made on another board about the players I think the Colts should consider for the rest of the draft.

DTs
                                Stephen Paea - Oregon St. - 6'1, 303 lbs, incredible strength, non-stop motor, solid interior pass rusher that anchors well against the run. Stubby arms will not bat down many passes.

Marvin Austin - UNC - 6'1, 309 lbs, very athletic for a big guy, can rush the passer from the interior and occupy blockers. Work ethic and character are questions but talent is undeniable.

Jarvis Jenkins - Clemson, 6'4, 310 lbs, durable and powerful, made a lot of tackles in the backfield. A good run stuffer that would help out other guys on the line.

Allen Bailey - Miami, 6'3, 285 lbs, an athletic freak that could play the Brock/Foster roll better than either of them. Not my first choice because he is raw but his upside is significant.

OL
                                Orlando Franklin - Miami, 6'5, 316 lbs, Great run blocker with excellent strength and bulk. I think he will be gone before the Colts get a shot at him. Can play RT or guard.

Ben Ijalana - Villanova, 6'3, 317 lbs, I am not as high on him as some but if he is there in the 3rd the Colts should take him. I think he will go in the 2nd. Talented for sure, not sure he has the right attitude. Reminds me a little of Ugoh honestly.

Marcus Gilbert - Florida, 6'6, 330 lbs, I've said for months on other forums that this guy is this years' Roger Saffold, not in terms of skillset but in terms of skill vs. value. The Colts could do a lot worse for a new RT or guard.

Rodney Hudson - Florida St., 6'2, 299 lbs, not my favorite in terms of size or strength but he is smart, tough, and a good football player. Good technique. Maybe a center in the future.

Marcus Cannon - TCU, 6'5, 350 lbs, a gigantic man with surprising athleticism. He has very treatable cancer so 3rd round might be early since he may not play his rookie year.

John Moffitt - Wisconsin, 6'4, 319 lbs, one of my favorite guard prospects. He knows how to run block and play like an asshole. He is already 25 and not perfect so 3rd round or later would be nice.

Safety
                                Tyler Sash - Iowa, 6',211 lbs, he's not Bob Sanders but he is a reliable starter that can hit hard and defend the deep ball. Good in run support. Also, he's white and from a Big 10 school so Polian probably likes him.

Deandre McDaniel - Clemson, 6', 217 lbs, hits hard and defends the run well. Has a bigger body to handle big hits. Good in zone coverage. Underrated IMO.

Jermale Hines - Ohio State, 6'1, 219 lbs, great in run support. Adequate in coverage but is better as a hard hitter. 4th round or later would be best here. I hate OSU but Hines might be a good fit.

CB
                                Ras-I Dowling - Virginia, 6'1, 198 lbs, a taller CB that can play both man and zone well. Solid in run support. If the Colts took him in the 2nd I wouldn't mind. Underrated IMO.

Davon House - New Mexico, 6', 200 lbs, perfect size and attitude for the Colts. Good tackler, physical in pass coverage and run support. Average speed for a CB. Reminds me of Kelvin Hayden before he started to suck.

LB
                                Dontay Moch - Nevada, 6'1, 248 lbs, INCREDIBLE 4.4 speed that does translate onto the field. High motor guy, I'd like to see him on the Colts roster.

Mark Herzlich, Boston College, 6'4, 244 lbs, great leader with good football IQ and aggressiveness. His body will only get better as he is recovering from chemo during his Jr. year. Good vs. the run and in coverage. Slow and a health concern, no higher than round 4 here.

Martez Wilson, Illinois, 6'3, 250 lbs, great speed and blitzing ability. Punishing hitter. There are some health concerns. Not sure if he fits what the Colts want to do since he is so big but he is fast so that shouldn't matter. Seems like a good fit at SLB.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information