No announcement yet.

2011 Colts' Draft/Off-Season Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All I know is Charlie Johnson and Ryan Diem will NOT be the starters at OT next year, and that makes me extremely happy.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
    <Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge

Comment

• This is a very exciting draft. I can't help but think of how much better it would be if we'd taken Carimi in the 1st but I still can't complain too much. I am getting excited about Nevis.

Comment

• Not only that, but it's 3 guys who will have an instant impact. I can't imagine a situation where Castonzo/Ijalana aren't on the field, and Nevis should be rotating in. Not like Hughes/Moala being inactive 70% of the year.

I'd like to see an interior lineman, but with Hughes, these 3, and all the injured guys back, we're ready to go.

Comment

• Well, I don't know about that, Dam.

Starting 2 rookies on the edge wouldn't fly with Polian or Caldwell imo.

I think Ijalana starts at guard.

Comment

• I'm not sure Nevis' impact will be instant since rookie DTs rarely make an impact. I think he'll be a 3rd down DT most of this year if and when he does play. I am excited about his potential though.

Comment

• Thrilled to get Nevis.
              The only question I have is who the hell is gonna play safety?
              Bullit? Please no...
              I'm really hoping for Sash. The guy is just physical, and we have been known to take Iowa players.
              Is it possible Ahmad Black falls?

Sig by BoneKrusher
              Originally posted by killxswitch
              Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.

Comment

• Originally posted by MaxV View Post
                Well, I don't know about that, Dam.

Starting 2 rookies on the edge wouldn't fly with Polian or Caldwell imo.

I think Ijalana starts at guard.
                Charlie Johnson AND Ryan Diem will not start. One of them might, but not both. Hopefully neither, but that's probably wishful thinking for me. Ijalana probably starts off at OG and kicks out to RT next year if everything goes according to plan.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
                <Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge

Comment

• Originally posted by Dam8610 View Post
                  Charlie Johnson AND Ryan Diem will not start. One of them might, but not both. Hopefully neither, but that's probably wishful thinking for me. Ijalana probably starts off at OG and kicks out to RT next year if everything goes according to plan.
                  If I was a betting man I would suggest that Charlie Johnson will start the year at Tackle. Which tackle spot will depend on Castonzo's performance in preseason and Training Camp. If Johnson is at LT then Castonzo will start at RT. If Castonzo is at LT then Johnson will start at RT. Ijalana will start at LG until he develops at first and then will move to RT.

Starting Line (probably):

Johnson - Ijalana - Saturday - Pollak - Castonzo

Long term Line:

Castonzo - Johnson - Pollak - RG - Ijalana
                  Originally posted by George Carlin

In Football the object is for the Field General to be on target with his aerial assault, riddling the Defence by hitting his Receivers with deadly accuracy, in spite of the Blitz, even if he has to use the Shotgun. With short bullet passes and long bombs he marches his troops into enemy territory, balancing this aerial assault with a sustained ground attack which punches holes in the forward wall of the enemy’s Defensive Line.

In Baseball the object is to go home and be safe.

Comment

• Originally posted by Seamus2602 View Post
                    Starting Line (probably):

Johnson - Ijalana - Saturday - Pollak - Castonzo

Long term Line:

Castonzo - Johnson - Pollak - RG - Ijalana
                    McClendon is supposed to be starting or competing to start at one of the guard spots this year. I think Pollak is better suited to be a center and he might replace Saturday at some point very soon. My starting line is:

Castonzo, McClendon, Saturday/Pollak, Ijalana, Johnson

I agree that in time Ijalana moves to RT, and we find a new RG. Johnson can provide depth at that point. It's very comforting to know that first, with Ijalana/McClendon as guards we might be able to run the ball. Second, we might be a guard, and maybe a center away from a re-vamped offensive line.

Who knows, maybe we'll hit free agency, pick up a Gaither or a Gallery and really be set. We got Diem's and Sander's cap space still.

Regarding the 4th & 6th round picks, I'm hoping we pick up a safety and a 1-tech in the two picks. I like Tyler Sash as much as everyone else, but if there's a run at safety, then a big guy like Ian Williams or Jerrel Powe could help reinforce the run defense.
                    Last edited by falloutboy14; 04-30-2011, 11:02 AM.

Comment

• Colts just drafted Delone Carter. A good pass protector and good out of the backfield as a receiver. Does this spell the end of Addai's time in Indy?
                      Originally posted by George Carlin

In Football the object is for the Field General to be on target with his aerial assault, riddling the Defence by hitting his Receivers with deadly accuracy, in spite of the Blitz, even if he has to use the Shotgun. With short bullet passes and long bombs he marches his troops into enemy territory, balancing this aerial assault with a sustained ground attack which punches holes in the forward wall of the enemy’s Defensive Line.

In Baseball the object is to go home and be safe.

Comment

• I think in part it depends on the market that Addai can garner. His time in Indy, he hasn't been asked to do tasks which most teams value. So if you're talking about pass-heavy teams who value a pass-blocker/receiver out of the backfield and have a QB need, you're talking about a limited number of teams. Addai's our most reliable RB, and assuming no one throws money at him I'm sure we'll sign him to another contract.

Comment

• Honestly, I don't like this Safety class at all.

Yes, SS is a need, but I really don't see any guy in this class that is an upgrade over Bullitt.

Comment

• I like the Carter pick also. I love short and stocky RBs. Big pain in the ass tackling those guys.

I think this guy should be a good rotational back. And with all the injury issues that our backs have, this guy could certainly help.
                            Last edited by MaxV; 04-30-2011, 04:12 PM.

Comment

• Our pick coming up.

Still some players that I like left on the board.

Comment

• Chris L. Rucker. Corner with good size.

I don't know him. Maybe projects at safety?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information