No announcement yet.

2011 Colts' Draft/Off-Season Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wish we could sign UDFA's because I really want Deandre McDaniel. I think Rucker will be a CB, not a S.

Comment

• Originally posted by killxswitch View Post
      I wish we could sign UDFA's because I really want Deandre McDaniel. I think Rucker will be a CB, not a S.
      I wanted Indy to draft McDaniel in the 4th Round so if we could get him as an UDFA then I'd be over the moon.
      Originally posted by George Carlin

In Football the object is for the Field General to be on target with his aerial assault, riddling the Defence by hitting his Receivers with deadly accuracy, in spite of the Blitz, even if he has to use the Shotgun. With short bullet passes and long bombs he marches his troops into enemy territory, balancing this aerial assault with a sustained ground attack which punches holes in the forward wall of the enemy’s Defensive Line.

In Baseball the object is to go home and be safe.

Comment

• Originally posted by Seamus2602 View Post
        I wanted Indy to draft McDaniel in the 4th Round so if we could get him as an UDFA then I'd be over the moon.
        You and me both. I know he had the assault charge (was not convicted) in 08 but he has some serious skills at S.

Comment

• Originally posted by killxswitch View Post
          You and me both. I know he had the assault charge (was not convicted) in 08 but he has some serious skills at S.
          He accepted a pre-trial motion to avoid the convction though. But he's turned his life around. Since the incident is been a very Indy like player. Team captain, smart, hard working, spends a lot of time in the film room apparently. So all in all I really would like the team to bring him in as soon as the lockout is lifted again.
          Originally posted by George Carlin

In Football the object is for the Field General to be on target with his aerial assault, riddling the Defence by hitting his Receivers with deadly accuracy, in spite of the Blitz, even if he has to use the Shotgun. With short bullet passes and long bombs he marches his troops into enemy territory, balancing this aerial assault with a sustained ground attack which punches holes in the forward wall of the enemy’s Defensive Line.

In Baseball the object is to go home and be safe.

Comment

• BTW, I keep hearing that the addition of Castonzo means that Charlie Johnson can start at guard.

I think that's a terrible idea. CJ gets pushed around by 260lbs speed rushers, I don't see how he would open running lanes against 300+lbs DTs.

Comment

• I agree, I don't want him at guard. I think he should play RT. Ideally he would go back to being the 6th OLman super sub, but I don't think we're there yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by Seamus2602 View Post
                Colts just drafted Delone Carter. A good pass protector and good out of the backfield as a receiver. Does this spell the end of Addai's time in Indy?
                Doubt it, given the size (5'9" 222), it likely spells the end for Mike Hart.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
                <Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge

Comment

• Originally posted by Dam8610 View Post
                  Doubt it, given the size (5'9" 222), it likely spells the end for Mike Hart.
                  I hope they use him more than Mike Hart.

Comment

• I loved Mike Hart. But yeah, Carter will probably take his spot.

A more interesting situation will be with the DL.

As of right now:

DE - Freeney, Mathis, Hughes, Foster, Chick, Dawson
                    DT - Moala, Nevis, Johnson, Muir, Mathews, Pressley

I'm hoping Dawson is out.

Comment

• I'd forgotten about both Chick and Pressley. I really hope they re-sign A Johnson. Muir can go. Between Chick and Dawson I don't really care which they keep, I don't want either one playing except on special teams.

Comment

• Here's an article regarding the remaining Colts' needs:

Safety: Melvin Bullitt may wind up a retainable restricted free agent. Even if they can keep him, safety is a thin spot that needs depth. Because the position is thin around the league, if Bullitt does become a free agent, he’ll be attractive to a lot of teams. The Colts have a glue guy in Antoine Bethea at free safety, but need a strong safety option.

Receiver: They’ve got a solid group here with Reggie Wayne, Austin Collie, Pierre Garcon, Anthony Gonzalez and even Blair White. But there are injury concerns with Collie and Gonzalez, and although the guys beyond Wayne can all be major contributors, none of them will be a clear-cut No. 1 option for the team when Wayne starts to slow. Perhaps they don’t have to worry about it for another year, but it’d be nice to have that guy in house.

Kicker: Adam Vinatieri is a free agent under any scenario. It makes sense to re-sign a reliable, clutch guy even if long-distance range may be a question. But if someone else makes him a big offer, the Colts will be in need.
                        http://espn.go.com/blog/afcsouth/pos...anapolis-colts

Not a bad list, although I would still put O-line up there, even if both Castonzo and Ijalana contribute from day 1.

Comment

• Best option for the Colts at SS would be to retain Bullitt as a RFA and bring in some other guys to compete for the starting job. No long-term contract for him, I hope.

Comment

• Bullitt is ok.

I know you guys, along with other Colts' fans, were pulling for Colts to draft a SS prospect in this draft, but this year's safety class sucked. I don't think Sash would be an upgrade over Melvin. Maybe we can get McDaniel, but honestly, I think he's overrated also.

Maybe there could be a cheap, under the radar SS free agent out there.

Comment

• Anyone put any thought into bringing in an O-lineman in free agency? I know we don't delve into free agency, but we're also often attempting to retain a key player. Obviously there's Manning, which will make or break this possibility, but I don't expect Addai or others to require too much to keep. Not only that, but for the next few years, it's likely to be the same case. For the most part, our young guys aren't superstars in the making. The only young players who I think are necessary to retain are Powers and Collie. In addition, with the loss of Sanders and ideally Diem and/or Saturday, we could have some room to work with.

All that said, if we could get a Robert Gallery or Davin Joseph quality guard, or a tackle, imagine what it could do for our O-line.

Comment

• My dream version of the Colts starting O-Line after the bye week but preferably from week 1 on:

LT - Castonzo
                                LG - McClendon
                                C- Saturday
                                RG - Ijalana
                                RT - Linkenbach/Johnson

I really don't want to see Pollak or DeVan at either guard spot. Pollak would be fine at center but I don't see the team benching Saturday at all this year regardless of on the field performance. I'd like to see Link win the RT spot and have Charlie be our 6th lineman which he's better suited to be. Diem and his contract can be cut. He played great as a 4th rounder for us for many years but he's slipped a bunch in the past three years.

Bring in a few UDFA SS prospects and bring in a scub vet FA to compete. Agree on the Bullit observation made by Killswitch, if he's playing for on a one year deal that's ok. He's not the future at the position and if he got beat out of the starting job he'd at least be a key ST performer. I can see why Polian and company skipped drafting a S in this draft. My bad on wanting the Colts to draft one this year. The need though is still obviously there.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information