No announcement yet.

2011 Colts' Draft/Off-Season Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What could have been. That's the only statement that comes to my mind after this news.

No one should forget the contribution that he made to the Super Bowl run, but his career in Indy was disappointing.

Comment

• While it is sad to see Sanders go I think it is good that it happened. The guy hasn't done anything for us in the last couple of years and hopefully we can draft a replacement for him. Now Polian just needs to cut Gonzo, Diem and Saturday.
      Save the Colts, and fire Pollian.

Comment

• I am all for cutting Diem (or restructuring to a much lower deal and moving him to guard but that seems unlikely), and I would be ok with letting Saturday go as I don't think his football smarts make up for his physical limitations anymore. But Gonzo is fairly cheap and is still a very good receiver when healthy. His last two injuries were a freak tendon tear with zero contact and an injury caused by Bernard Pollard riding him to the ground out of bounds and landing on his shoulder. I would give him another year to compete with the starters, especially since he was apparently healthy enough to come back at the end of the year despite being IRed.

Comment

• Originally posted by colts_fan8818 View Post
          While it is sad to see Sanders go I think it is good that it happened. The guy hasn't done anything for us in the last couple of years and hopefully we can draft a replacement for him. Now Polian just needs to cut Gonzo, Diem and Saturday.
          I'd be on board with one of those three moves. Diem should be cut, he's been awful for a while now, but some semblance of this OL has to remain in the transition period, and IMO Saturday is the best OL the team has as of now (though that might not be the case for long as he continues to decline due to age), and should be able to give the team one more decent year. As for Gonzo, are you mad? He's cheap, and before the injury bug struck what was looking like a promising career down, he was flourishing into a potential replacement for Wayne as the #1 WR down the road. I doubt he has that potential anymore after 2 major injuries, but for how cheap he is, it can't possibly hurt to see what he has left in the tank. At this point it's not like he's being counted on for any production, so anything he adds would be a bonus.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
          <Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge

Comment

• Colts claim DT DeMario Pressley off waivers from Houston.

http://www.colts.com/sub.cfm?page=ar...0-598a51a2cb7d

One of the top recruits in the nation, he never lived up to the hype, but he has plenty of talent. Might be an interesting signing.

Comment

• I have zero expectations. At least he is 300 lbs.

Comment

• Originally posted by killxswitch View Post
                I have zero expectations. At least he is 300 lbs.
                Expectations shouldn't be high, but hopes maybe? The guy has talent, maybe Teerlinck can finally bring it out of him.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dam8610 View Post
                  Expectations shouldn't be high, but hopes maybe? The guy has talent, maybe Teerlinck can finally bring it out of him.
                  My hopes are that he finally grows up and realizes some of the potential he showed when he was a top recruit out of high school. I have my doubts but maybe someone will have the right kind of "this is your last chance" kind of conversation and the light will come on for him. At least it's a low risk situation.

Comment

My hopes are that he finally grows up and realizes some of the potential he showed when he was a top recruit out of high school. I have my doubts but maybe someone will have the right kind of "this is your last chance" kind of conversation and the light will come on for him. At least it's a low risk situation.
                    Exactly, very much a low risk/high reward scenario.

Comment

• Doing a forum mock here & so far I've picked:
                      1) Derek Sherrod, OT, Mississippi State
                      2) Danny Watkins, OG, Baylor
                      3) Jurrell Casey, DT, USC
                      Ideally I see Sherrod at LT. Watkins, McClendon, DeVann, Pollack, & Saturday competing for the 2 G & C spots, with Johnson & Linkenbach competing for the RT spot. The time needs to come where Saturday isn't handed the C spot. I've heard Mayock suggest that Watkins can play RT as well as G too, so maybe he ends up there.

Casey seems like he can progress into a good run stuffer.

Was hoping Carimi would fall, so we could put him at RT and really improve the run blocking for 1/2 the line. All things considered I'm pretty pleased though.

Comment

• Originally posted by falloutboy14 View Post
                        Doing a forum mock here & so far I've picked:
                        1) Derek Sherrod, OT, Mississippi State
                        2) Danny Watkins, OG, Baylor
                        3) Jurrell Casey, DT, USC
                        Ideally I see Sherrod at LT. Watkins, McClendon, DeVann, Pollack, & Saturday competing for the 2 G & C spots, with Johnson & Linkenbach competing for the RT spot. The time needs to come where Saturday isn't handed the C spot. I've heard Mayock suggest that Watkins can play RT as well as G too, so maybe he ends up there.

Casey seems like he can progress into a good run stuffer.

Was hoping Carimi would fall, so we could put him at RT and really improve the run blocking for 1/2 the line. All things considered I'm pretty pleased though.
                        If we ended up with Sherrod, Watkins and Casey in the 1st 3 rounds I would be ecstatic. They all fill needed positions and the value is good on them. Hopefully that's what ends up happening.
                        Save the Colts, and fire Pollian.

Comment

• That would be awesome.

I'm surprised Casey was still there in the 3rd for you.

But I can definitely see a talented DL falling with such a deep DL class.

Comment

• And now for a swift kick to the balls, Bob Sanders signs with San Diego. You know he'll be healthy all year and get DPOY again.

Comment

And now for a swift kick to the balls, Bob Sanders signs with San Diego. You know he'll be healthy all year and get DPOY again.
                              The Colts released him after not being willing to release him last year after consecutive seasons spent mostly on IR, plus they have the most comprehensive medical on him I'm sure. If this comes back to bite the Colts in the butt I'll be shocked.

Comment

• Hey Guys...

Im involved in a forum mock draft representing the AFC South. I came here and read that you guys really need OL so with that in mind this is what Ive done so far....

1. Derek Sherrod, T, Miss St
                                2. Drake Nevis, DT, LSU
                                3. Orlando Franklin, G, Miami

What do you guys think? Any particular guys I should be looking for in rounds 4-7?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information