No announcement yet.

2011 Colts' Draft/Off-Season Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That is a pretty solid mock. I would look for a SS as we need a starter, Tyler Sash if he is available or the SS from OSU in a later round like 6. Also some good special teams coverage players would be nice.

Comment

• That's not far off of the mock I did, it's a few pots up. I don't think anyone here will argue with getting starters for the O-line and DT, as long as it's not Solder.

For the next rounds, keep an eye out for WR as well. Greg Salas from Hawaii seems like a Collie clone. Very productive in college, looks like he could do wonders over the middle. With Gonzo & Collie as 2 of our WRs, think we need to carry 6 so we have depth if injuries happen.

Another WR I've kept an eye on is Vincent Brown from SD st. He killed at the senior bowl, but ran a 4.7 at the combine so tough to say where he should go in the draft. If he's there when we pick in 5th or 6th, I'd take him. He's returned kicks as well.

Comment

• WR isn't a big priority. But if they do pick one, I would like a deep threat burner.

Wayne, Collie, Gonzo, Clark, Tamme, we have PLENTY of good route-runners that consistently pick up the intermediate yardage. But we only have 1 true deep threat, Garcon and he is kind of inconsistent.

Our offense is at it's best when safeties have to respect the deep ball.

Comment

• Originally posted by MaxV View Post
          WR isn't a big priority. But if they do pick one, I would like a deep threat burner.

Wayne, Collie, Gonzo, Clark, Tamme, we have PLENTY of good route-runners that consistently pick up the intermediate yardage. But we only have 1 true deep threat, Garcon and he is kind of inconsistent.

Our offense is at it's best when safeties have to respect the deep ball.
          I would have to disagree with some of that. With Collie's and Gonzalez' injury history, and considering three WRs are entering a contract year, and with Reggie turning 33, I would say it's a pretty big priority.

I suppose I half agree on Garcon; I don't believe he's much of a deep threat at all.

Comment

• It depends on which Garcon decides to play. He can be deadly when he is focused and catches the ball.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dunta_23 View Post
              Hey Guys...

Im involved in a forum mock draft representing the AFC South. I came here and read that you guys really need OL so with that in mind this is what Ive done so far....

1. Derek Sherrod, T, Miss St
              2. Drake Nevis, DT, LSU
              3. Orlando Franklin, G, Miami

What do you guys think? Any particular guys I should be looking for in rounds 4-7?
              Not bad so far, grab a C or RT at the very least and a S and you're set.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
              <Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge

Comment

• Originally posted by Dunta_23 View Post
                Hey Guys...

Im involved in a forum mock draft representing the AFC South. I came here and read that you guys really need OL so with that in mind this is what Ive done so far....

1. Derek Sherrod, T, Miss St
                2. Drake Nevis, DT, LSU
                3. Orlando Franklin, G, Miami

What do you guys think? Any particular guys I should be looking for in rounds 4-7?
                Not a bad start for the first 3 rounds, it addresses several needs with pretty decent value. In the rest of the rounds get a SS as that is a huge need since sanders had been cut, a WR is needed, one that would be a deep threat would be nice, and possibly a c as well.
                Save the Colts, and fire Pollian.

Comment

• We need "Big Uglies," no doubt about it.

But I doubt they'll just commit the first 3 rounds to it.

Usually, Polian likes to diversify his drafts.

Glenn and Meadows were top two picks a lifetime ago, but that was when they were trying to keep Harbaugh alive.

Comment

• Is there any good depth at S in this draft. I think our defense could benefit from a guy that can deliver big hits and give a bit of an identity to our defense. I feel like we lack a leader. That once was Bob, but do you think we could find a guy to run stuff from the S position?

Sig by BoneKrusher
                    Originally posted by killxswitch
                    Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.

Comment

• Originally posted by MaxV View Post
                      We need "Big Uglies," no doubt about it.

But I doubt they'll just commit the first 3 rounds to it.

Usually, Polian likes to diversify his drafts.

Glenn and Meadows were top two picks a lifetime ago, but that was when they were trying to keep Harbaugh alive.
                      If Manning wasn't the all-time great he is, they'd be trying to keep him alive, too. OL early and often would be the best course of action in this draft IMO.

Originally posted by RCAChainGang View Post
                      Is there any good depth at S in this draft. I think our defense could benefit from a guy that can deliver big hits and give a bit of an identity to our defense. I feel like we lack a leader. That once was Bob, but do you think we could find a guy to run stuff from the S position?
                      There are a few guys that have caught my eye that might slip past a few teams radars for some reason or another:

Ahmad Black - Because he's an inch shorter, about 10-15 pounds lighter, and ran a bit slower than most teams like their safeties, he's likely to drop into the mid-late round, but if you watch a game of his, he's constantly around the ball and making plays.

Jaiquawn Jarrett - Small school kid who hits hard and makes plays. Hard to find tape of him, but he stands out. Also, has a decent HWS ratio going on, though speed if anything is lacking.

Jeron Johnson - Could be considered small school, but Boise State has risen to prominence recently. With a very solid HWS ratio, and a propensity to make plays, he could fit the role that needs to be filled well.

Shiloh Keo - Another small school kid who seems to have all the tools needed to succeed at the SS position. Times fairly slowly, but is big and reacts (and breaks) very quickly. With proper coaching (will likely need a lot of work on timing and reading plays), could develop into a good enforcer.

Mark LeGree - Small schooler with a great HWS ratio who appears to have the tools to do anything he's called upon for, though that was at the FCS level. The question for him (much like Antoine Bethea in 2006) is can he hang with the pros?

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

Comment

• Colt draft and free agency.

Free agent from Baltimore
                        OT 6'9" 340 Jared Gaithers

Colts trade down with Denver
                        Denver gets Colt
                        Rd. 1 - 22
                        Colts get Denver
                        Rd. 2 - 04
                        Rd. 3 - 03

Colts Draft
                        Rd. 2 - 04 DT Stephan Paea
                        Rd. 2 - 21 OG Rodney Hudson - move to Center
                        Rd. 3 - 03 SS Quinton Carter
                        Rd. 3 - 23 OT Marcus Gilbert
                        Rd. 4 - 22 WR Austin Pettis
                        Rd. 5 - 21 CB Cortez Allen
                        Rd. 6 - 23 LB Jonas Mouton
                        Last edited by Wildwood; 04-10-2011, 05:50 PM. Reason: Pouncey origonally at Rd.2 -04 probably not available.

Comment

• If the Colts are confident in Gaither's ability to perform at LT, and Pouncey's ability to convert to C, I'd be pretty happy about that.

Comment

• If the colts touch a QB in the 1st 3 rounds with so many needs i may just be done with this team for a while. Hopefully it is all a smokescreen.
                            Sam Bradford will be a bust- 2/24/2010

Colts Cardinals Bulls Hurricanes

Comment

• Originally posted by Bob Sanders Dreadlock View Post
                              If the colts touch a QB in the 1st 3 rounds with so many needs i may just be done with this team for a while. Hopefully it is all a smokescreen.
                              I hope Andy Dalton falls off the face of the Earth and gets scooped up by the Colts in round 4 or 5 if they're looking at QB. I think teams are going to look back on Dalton and wonder how they missed him.

Comment

• Today is the day. If we don't address the trenches early and often i am getting the lynching mob. Pitchfork and torches are ready.
                                Sam Bradford will be a bust- 2/24/2010

Colts Cardinals Bulls Hurricanes

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information