2011 Colts' Draft/Off-Season Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2011 Colts' Draft/Off-Season Thread

Well, the season is over, unfortunately. Time for off-season.

What do we need in the draft?

O-Line help or someone in the secondary.

Comment

We need a legitimate safety.
      Offensive Tackle is a big need as well.

First round gimme a S
      Then trenches and linebacker by BPA.

I'm not a guru by any means, but this seems like our issues.
      We also need a freaking ST unit!!! We need to figure out that personel. We need some people that hold their lanes and aren't afraid of contact.
      Our ST is ridiculous and has been for a long time.

Sig by BoneKrusher
      Originally posted by killxswitch
      Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.

Comment

Can they just draft some elixir of health?
        Is that a rash?

Give JKPIGSKIN credit for this masterpiece

Comment

I would say:

1. RT - Diem might have helped in run situations, but he's well past his prime.
          2. OG - Both spots I would say. Both Pollak and Devan are natural centers.
          3. SS - Bob will probably never play a full season, Bullitt might leave in FA. I think this is a significant need. Come to think of it, FS could use some depth too.
          4. LT - CJ has done an ok job, but no one will confuse him with a franchise LT.
          5. UT - This isn't as big of a need as most make it out to be. Moala and Mathews are talented youngsters. Muir and Mookie can stuff the run. They got beat today, but I can live with the same rotation for next season. However, I would like a guy who can rush the passer out of the inside.

I like what I saw from Conner and Angerer this season. Both overrun plays at times, but something like that could be fixed with experience. I'm not against picking another LB, we could always use more depth, but the only way this would become a big need is if Brackett would leave via FA.

Maybe another talented RB also. Our backs get injured way too often and I always hold out hope to find another Edge (in his prime).

More depth at CB wouldn't hurt, although if everyone is healthy (too much to ask for, I know), we are fine there.
          Last edited by MaxV; 01-09-2011, 12:05 AM.

Comment

With the way the Jets ran over us I know DT is going to appear to be a need. But what we really need is to re-sign Antonio Johnson, play him next to Moala and Mathews more, draft/sign another NT, and stop playing DEs at DT on 3rd downs. The only DTs I'd draft in the 1st are Fairley and Dareus, and in the 2nd I'd only take Paea and Allen Bailey. Marvin Austin in the 3rd would be excellent though.

To me OT, OG, SS, and WR are the top needs going into the offseason. If the Colts get an OT and OG then WR becomes less of a need.

I would like to see

Rd 1 - Gabe Carimi or Derek Sherrod
            Rd 2 - Marcus Cannon, Orlando Franklin, Mike Pouncey, Ben Ijalana, DeAndre McDaniel, Mark Barron, Steven Paea, Allen Bailey
            RD 3 - Marvin Austin, Leonard Hankerson, Tandon Doss, Jerrel Jernigan, Justin Boren

I think the Colts could make it easy on themselves by looking at free agency for OL help. Here's a list of guys I think would instantly improve the Colts OL and would not necessarily break the bank. Obviously some or all of them might be re-signed by their team before the Colts would get a chance.

RT Tyson Clabo (Atlanta)
            RG Harvey Dahl (Atlanta)
            LT Doug Free (Dallas)
            LT Jared Gaither (Baltimore)
            RG Marshal Yanda (Baltimore)
            LG Logan Mankins (New England)
            RG Davin Joseph (Tampa Bay)
            C Ryan Kalil (Carolina)

Comment

Originally posted by killxswitch View Post
              To me OT, OG, SS, and WR are the top needs going into the offseason. If the Colts get an OT and OG then WR becomes less of a need.
              I agree that OT, OL, and SS are all needs but I don't quite understand why WR is a top need. We have Wayne, Garcon is pretty decent despite some issues with drops, Collie looked great all season until he was hurt, White looks like he has some potential. I do think that some more depth is needed but I wouldn't say it's a top need.
              Save the Colts, and fire Pollian.

Comment

I also think that this off season, we need to cut our losses and let go of Gonzo who I don't think has ever been healthy for us, and Bob Sanders who I don't think will ever be healthy for a full season.
                Save the Colts, and fire Pollian.

Comment

Unless AJ Green is available I don't think the Colts should look at WR in the 1st. More like the 2nd or probably 3rd. But for your list, I think Wayne will not be re-signed after next year, Collie's return after the concussions is not guaranteed, and Blair White is ok but not a starter at all. And as you say Gonzo is not guaranteed to ever do anything again for the team. The other positions are more important, I'd put it on par with DT in terms of need I guess.

I don't want a WR but I'd much rather have one than RB in the first.

Comment

I have little faith in Polian anymore. Look at his 1st round success lately it is pitiful. He is going to end up drafting a CB i the 1st and won't touch o-line till the 4th.
                    Sam Bradford will be a bust- 2/24/2010

Colts Cardinals Bulls Hurricanes

Comment

I'm ok with drafting either WR or RB, but not in the first 2 rounds.

If a disruptive, pass-rushing DT is there, that would be awesome. Talented OT who is a good all-around blocker would be a great addition also.

We don't necessarily need to pick a OG in the first round, a good one could be found later in the draft.

And yes, I think looking for a Free Agent OL might not be a bad idea. If they can find a guy who will upgrade our line, for the right price, I think Polian needs to consider him.

Comment

OL definitely needs addressing more than once in the draft IMO. Another CB and SS would be nice, and I still think we need a DT, even if only for depth. Losing one player in Mookie can't be allowed to hurt our run stuffing like it did last night

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986

Comment

I am going to keep it short and pithy. The biggest weakness on the Colts is the OL. They absolutely can't run block. I like OT Gabe Carimi from Wisconsin in the 1st round. I would also be okay with OT DeMarcus Love from Arkansas as well.

I think SS Bob Sanders is done as a Colt. I really like undersized SS Ahmad Black from Florida. He is a solid tackler, good in coverage, and he looked good in Florida's bowl game.

In the third I want another O-lineman. OG John Moffitt fro Wisconsin was a good left guard for the Badgers. OT Lee Ziemba from Auburn is a solid player as well. The center Kristofer O'Dowd from SC is solid too.

1st: OT Gabe Carimi, Wisconsin
                          2nd: SS Ahmad Black, Florida
                          3rd: OG Jon Moffitt, Wisconsin

Comment

BTW, do you guys agree with me that the worst player for the Colts yesterday was Jeff Satuday?

He was getting pushed around like a rug doll. He's finished.

However I didn't put Center as a position of need because I believe that we already have Saturday's replacement on the roster.

Both Pollak and Devan are natural Center. We also have Richard and McClendon.

Comment

Originally posted by MaxV View Post
                              BTW, do you guys agree with me that the worst player for the Colts yesterday was Jeff Satuday?

He was getting pushed around like a rug doll. He's finished.

However I didn't put Center as a position of need because I believe that we already have Saturday's replacement on the roster.

Both Pollak and Devan are natural Center. We also have Richard and McClendon.
                              Sione Pouha (who I wanted at one point for Indy) manhandled him. He's a good guy (Saturday) but that looked to me like his time is over. Great career, good guy, hope to see him around in some capacity again.

I could go without drafting a tailback honestly. I would rather have the OL improve and hope that the running game follows. I can live with Brown/James/etc. as opposed to Linkenbach and the rest.

I just want OT, SS, a backup FS, OG and a late-round RB.
                              Is that a rash?

Give JKPIGSKIN credit for this masterpiece

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information