X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MaxV
    started a topic 2011 Colts' Draft/Off-Season Thread

2011 Colts' Draft/Off-Season Thread

Well, the season is over, unfortunately. Time for off-season.

What do we need in the draft?

• MaxV
    replied
    Doesn't matter. All 3 suck.

Leave a comment:

• RCAChainGang
    replied
    I liked Nate Davis better than Painter or Orlovsky...

Leave a comment:

• UKfan
    replied
    Hey Killswitch, Max et al. I've had some laptop issues so primarily been keeping up with your posts via my phone, but I seem to be back in some sort of working order so hopefully I can contribute a bit more.

I've heard a few mixed things about the Colts opener against the Rams regarding Castanzo, some saying he looked a bit lost, maybe didnt know his assignments, others saying he handled his opponents well, thoughts?

Leave a comment:

• killxswitch
    replied
    A few things have happened so I'll talk to myself some more.

Nate Davis cut. Too bad but dyslexia + Colts playbook = impossible.

Tyler Brayton signed. Might mean Jamaal Anderson's injury is serious. No way they're cutting Hughes.

Right now the starting OL in practice is, left to right, Castonzo, Reitz, Saturday, Diem, Linkenbach. Proves nothing other than the coaches are looking at Diem as a possible guard. Which is good because it gets Diem off the edge and Pollak off the field.

Leave a comment:

• killxswitch
    replied
    Same reason I want a legit NT. Still pisses me off that we only got a year of Corey Simon.

Leave a comment:

• RCAChainGang
    replied
    I think part of the reason I want a dominate safety in the run is because that is my favorite type of player in my favorite position.

Leave a comment:

• killxswitch
    replied
    Vanilla worked (sometimes) when Dungy was here. Caldwell doesn't get the players to focus on details like Dungy did so it would be nice to see something creative from a coordinator to give the team a new edge and maybe get the guys to buy in a little more.

Leave a comment:

• Sloopy
    replied
    Originally posted by killxswitch View Post
    I agree it wasn't the best draft choice, in hindsight. If they'd drafted Saffold the team would be in a much better position now. At the time I thought they could use a 3rd pass rusher like the Giants have, and somebody to back up Free or Mathis if they get hurt. Should've known the coaches wouldn't know how to get him on the field to make a difference.
    Our D is to vanilla for that ****. Pains me to see.

Leave a comment:

• killxswitch
    replied
    I agree it wasn't the best draft choice, in hindsight. If they'd drafted Saffold the team would be in a much better position now. At the time I thought they could use a 3rd pass rusher like the Giants have, and somebody to back up Free or Mathis if they get hurt. Should've known the coaches wouldn't know how to get him on the field to make a difference.

Leave a comment:

• RCAChainGang
    replied
    Ijalana has a big jump to make from Villanova to the NFL. Also, Hughes isn't as bad as a lot of Colts fans think he is.
    It still doesn't make any sense to me that they would use a first on him just to sit behind Freeney and Mathis when they wanted Mathis back. Might be talented, but he just doesn't see the field enough for my liking.

Leave a comment:

• killxswitch
    replied
    Ijalana has a big jump to make from Villanova to the NFL. Also, Hughes isn't as bad as a lot of Colts fans think he is.

Leave a comment:

• falloutboy14
    replied
    Ijalana is in day 6 or so of his career. I wouldn't worry too much yet. The drills they're doing tend to favor the defense as well. It's also possible that Hughes will be a worthwhile pass rusher this season. Have to wait for a pre-season game or two to get a real sense of these guys.

Leave a comment:

• MaxV
    replied
    What I didn't like from recent reports was that Hughes abused Ijalana.

Leave a comment:

• Sloopy
    replied
    I am cautiously optimistic about a Harris/Nevis tandem at DT. Nevis is a lot bigger than I thought he was, I had this impression that he was only about 6'1 and just under 300 but he is a solid 6'2 and 310. I shouldn't expect anything from either player so I'm not going to. But it would be a hell of a thing if either became a starter considering conventional wisdom puts Moala and Mookie at those spots.

I just have a hard time imagining Harris staying healthy. Maybe now that he can play inside and not on that pig slop Soldier Field his legs can stay healthier longer.
    I am certainly optimistic about Nevis. Was almost as dominant as Fairley in the SEC last year despite what the #'s say and seems to have bulked up plus he should be a really good fit in our system.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X

Debug Information