This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jag
    I've been gone for a while and all I can say is...
    Yeah...look how lame our six page thread is...the other thread woulda had, like 25 pages.

by BoneKrusher
    <DG> how metal unseen
    <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

• lets be honest, for all the people who still have hope, the jets won't lose to oakland and the bungals sure as hell won't lose to pitt. just and the season and get byron some reps and david a coach on how NOT to turn the ball over in the 4th quarter

big ups to Sf49ers1121

Comment

• Originally posted by leftwich7
        lets be honest, for all the people who still have hope, the jets won't lose to oakland and the bungals sure as hell won't lose to pitt. just and the season and get byron some reps and david a coach on how NOT to turn the ball over in the 4th quarter
        I know, I know. It's just the fan-like thing to do.

And I do wanna finish things out with a win anyways.

by BoneKrusher
        <DG> how metal unseen

Comment

• I could care less if we win or lose in this one. The thing that got me through that last loss was. "Hey, if we lose out we have a sweet draft spot."

Laron Landry anyone?

Originally posted by Crazy_Chris
          It's just a ******* dog By Michael Vick
          Check out the Dailyer Nebraskan
          http://www.dailyernebraskan.com
          421 Witness
          756*

Comment

I could care less if we win or lose in this one. The thing that got me through that last loss was. "Hey, if we lose out we have a sweet draft spot."

Laron Landry anyone?
            I agree. If our playoff hopes are over I wouldn't mind a loss. It hurts to say it but hey lets face reality.

Comment

I could care less if we win or lose in this one. The thing that got me through that last loss was. "Hey, if we lose out we have a sweet draft spot."

Laron Landry anyone?
              Meh, I'm not a big fan of that. You can't really predict how the draft will fall and such, so you just want to win.

by BoneKrusher
              <DG> how metal unseen

Comment

• Originally posted by The Unseen
                Originally posted by jag

Laron Landry anyone?
                Meh, I'm not a big fan of that. You can't really predict how the draft will fall and such, so you just want to win.
                I agree. Plus, I don't really want Landry.

Comment

• And besides, the Jaguars play at the same time (1:00 EST) as all of the other "decisive" games, so they need to play to win.

by BoneKrusher
                  <DG> how metal unseen

Comment

• So is Leftwich done or what?
                    Will they trade or cut him in the off-season

What will they do with their RB scenario for next year with Fred Taylor, Mo Drew, Alvin Pearman, LaBrandon Toefield, and Greg Jones?

credit to cardsalltheway

Comment

• look for the FO to keep Byron around for his final season on his contract...and if he produces and plays well, they'll probably resign him...I only see them trading Garrard for maybe a third or fourth rounder...but I dont' think that'll happen so they'll duel it out in training camp and the winner becomes the starter...likely to be Leftwich....he's a great QB when given the right tools (I.E. a good WR core, great RB's, a stellar offensive line, good TE's)...he just needs to stay healthy (he looked great in 2005 before he got injured)

The FO will probably let go of Pearman or Toefield, but I wouldn't be surprised if they found a way to keep all of them...they've all contributed before and are pretty decent at what they do (Toe runs the ball hard on third down, Pearman is decent at punt returns, MOJO is an absolute beast, Taylor while getting older is keeping his legs fresh and had another 1000 yard season, and Greg Jones will soon be back to pounding out touchdowns in the red zone)

also look for the Jags to let Deon "I arm tackle WR's so get over it" Grant walk this offseason, he's a free agent and with the talented depth at safety in this years draft I wouldn't be surprised...the team could also make a run for Kevin Curtis of the Ram's, he's also a free agent....

Comment

• Originally posted by BehrenMan007
                        So is Leftwich done or what?
                        Will they trade or cut him in the off-season

What will they do with their RB scenario for next year with Fred Taylor, Mo Drew, Alvin Pearman, LaBrandon Toefield, and Greg Jones?
                        No, Leftwich is not done. All of the "trade Leftwich" rumors were nothing more than speculation by the media and fans, and never really had any merit.

LaBrandon Toefield is a free agent, as more than likely won't be resigned. Taylor, Mo Drew, and Greg Jones will share carries, while Jones will start at fullback again also.

Comment

• so then what is the situation at FS. Grant simply can't cut it, do we possibly have Sensabaugh slide over and play with Darius or do we move Brian Williams over to FS and slide Starks/Cousin into the starting CB role.

big ups to Sf49ers1121

Comment

• Originally posted by leftwich7
                            so then what is the situation at FS. Grant simply can't cut it, do we possibly have Sensabaugh slide over and play with Darius or do we move Brian Williams over to FS and slide Starks/Cousin into the starting CB role.
                            I think there are two likely scenarios.

One is that we draft a safety on the first day, and he, Sensabaugh, and Darius will battle it out for the two starting safety spots.

Another is we draft a corner and sit him for a year. Sensabaugh will take over at FS. The next year, Darius' contract will be up, and he'll be 35 anyways. Sensabaugh will slide into the SS spot, our new corner will be ready to start, and Brian Williams will move to FS.

Either way, I think Sensabaugh is going to be starting somewhere in the secondary next year.

Comment

• Originally posted by JagHombre22
                              look for the FO to keep Byron around for his final season on his contract...and if he produces and plays well, they'll probably resign him...I only see them trading Garrard for maybe a third or fourth rounder...but I dont' think that'll happen so they'll duel it out in training camp and the winner becomes the starter...likely to be Leftwich....he's a great QB when given the right tools (I.E. a good WR core, great RB's, a stellar offensive line, good TE's)...he just needs to stay healthy (he looked great in 2005 before he got injured)

The FO will probably let go of Pearman or Toefield, but I wouldn't be surprised if they found a way to keep all of them...they've all contributed before and are pretty decent at what they do (Toe runs the ball hard on third down, Pearman is decent at punt returns, MOJO is an absolute beast, Taylor while getting older is keeping his legs fresh and had another 1000 yard season, and Greg Jones will soon be back to pounding out touchdowns in the red zone)

also look for the Jags to let Deon "I arm tackle WR's so get over it" Grant walk this offseason, he's a free agent and with the talented depth at safety in this years draft I wouldn't be surprised...the team could also make a run for Kevin Curtis of the Ram's, he's also a free agent....
                              Pretty much...

I think there are two likely scenarios.

One is that we draft a safety on the first day, and he, Sensabaugh, and Darius will battle it out for the two starting safety spots.

Another is we draft a corner and sit him for a year. Sensabaugh will take over at FS. The next year, Darius' contract will be up, and he'll be 35 anyways. Sensabaugh will slide into the SS spot, our new corner will be ready to start, and Brian Williams will move to FS.

Either way, I think Sensabaugh is going to be starting somewhere in the secondary next year.
                              Pretty much...

Although, word is that Del Rio likes Deon Grant as a leader/person, so we'll see.

by BoneKrusher
                              <DG> how metal unseen

Comment

• According to Vic, Ingram will not be fined for his hit: http://www.jaguars.com/news/article.aspx?id=5763

niiiiiice

by BoneKrusher
                                <DG> how metal unseen

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information