Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I agree....that the QB that we draft may not be the QB of the future but the QB crop the next couple of seasons is not that good...so I think if we're going to strike for a QB now we need to do it for the future...

Comment

• Originally posted by The Unseen View Post
      Quinn Gray's probably not gonna stick around, true. I don't remember the number and the reason, but the money to keep Gray would be outrageous for a back-up QB. So then we'd definitely need to draft a QB.

Whether he'd be "groomed" is hard to say. Garrard is not young, but he's not "old" either. He still has a good deal of years left until he'd be expected to regress, so a draft QB for the future this year may have to wait awhile.
      It is so early to talk about this sort of stuff because the Jags are better suited to look at QB's that will be in the draft two to three years for now. Guys like Mark Sanchez, Ryan Mallett, Justin Roper, Willie Tuitama, Matt Stafford, Jake Locker, Sam Bradford. I have no clue if these guys will be good down the road but you never know.

P.S.-Chad Henne will be a steal

big ups to Sf49ers1121

Comment

• Originally posted by leftwich7 View Post
        It is so early to talk about this sort of stuff because the Jags are better suited to look at QB's that will be in the draft two to three years for now. Guys like Mark Sanchez, Ryan Mallett, Justin Roper, Willie Tuitama, Matt Stafford, Jake Locker, Sam Bradford. I have no clue if these guys will be good down the road but you never know.

P.S.-Chad Henne will be a steal
        I bet this guy was a Leftwich supporter, haha.

Comment

• Originally posted by BuckNaked View Post
          what gave it away....

and no, I don't think Chad Henne will be a steal...he'll be a second rounder...

Comment

Captain Obvious to the rescue!

by BoneKrusher
            <DG> how metal unseen
            <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

I was a Leftwich supporter but when the team went with Garrard I was cautious in supporting him until Week 3 when the jags won at Denver.

but so what if i liked Leftwich, it doesn't matter now

big ups to Sf49ers1121

Comment

• Originally posted by The Unseen View Post
                Captain Obvious to the rescue!
                I do what I can

Comment

I do what I can
                  and really, that's all we can ask....

Comment

• Originally posted by JagHombre22 View Post
                    and really, that's all we can ask....
                    Glad to see i'm an appreciated of the captain obvious club, John Madden would be proud.

Comment

• It's storming bad here...plz go away by gametime, plz. k thnx

by BoneKrusher
                      <DG> how metal unseen

Comment

• Best of luck tonight. Kick the lil Pansies asses for me please.

Comment

• Great season, everyone. Lemme keep it on the up-note and have a season Good-Bad-Ugly

Good

David Garrard. Del Rio with the gutsy call, and it pays off. Had a great year.

Fred Taylor. The man beast returned this year. First Pro Bowl, congrats.

Reggie Williams. Haters be quiet: 10 TDs.

Bad

Overall defense. Defense wasn't bad, but it was less than our normal effort. Had injuries, which goes along with this bad.

Division effort. Have to win it to get anywhere. 2-4 again won't cut it (yes I know the last game was meaningless)

Ugly

Pass defense. Mediocre all year, and bit us in the butt when it counted.

by BoneKrusher
                          <DG> how metal unseen

Comment

• Too conservative on D. The entire game. Way too conservative.

Comment

• Mathis played like crap, Northcut dropped a TD pass, i was pissed, there goes the Jags in the super bowl, my friend and i wouldve gone to Arizona if they made it

Comment

• i guess most jags fan got what they expected, play the pats tough for most of the game and then went blitz and got burned by Stallworth. Overall disappointed only with the D. Garrard played great and the team has some things to be really happy about going into next year. Fix that pass D and hopefully keep Mike Smith around. I really don't think Stroud and Peterson make that much of a difference in this game.

big ups to Sf49ers1121

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information