This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by leftwich7 View Post
    i guess most jags fan got what they expected, play the pats tough for most of the game and then went blitz and got burned by Stallworth. Overall disappointed only with the D. Garrard played great and the team has some things to be really happy about going into next year. Fix that pass D and hopefully keep Mike Smith around. I really don't think Stroud and Peterson make that much of a difference in this game.
    I know peterson wouldnt, however Stroud wouldve at least cause more pressure, i mean for god sakes i thought i was watchin a fatter slower verson of Sam Adams, and thats sayin something(#90 )

Comment

• I really enjoyed the game. I would be proud if I were a Jags fan. I thought they played well, and had a shot at winning. That is a lot more than what most teams did against the pats.

Just wanted to offer my encouragement. Maybe not a great time to do so, but oh well. How many people in the national media would have predicted the Jags to go this deep in the playoffs in the first place?

I think there is a good reason for optimism. Havent got to see Garard play much this year, but I thought he looked good.

And one last thing. I have said this many times and been blasted for it. When healthy, I think Fred Taylor is one of the elite backs to play over the last ten years. Seeing as how yall watch him week in and week out, how much longer can I expect to be watching him on sports highlights? I have a bit of a man crush on him.
      I published my first book. Available in ebook or paperback! Check it out!!!

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/afte...man/1114044540

Comment

• Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
        Too conservative on D. The entire game. Way too conservative.
        Mike Smith probably should have called less 3-man fronts, yes. That also may have helped against Maroney's 100-yard performance, something I think we're overlooking here.

But scheme or no, we would not have won this game. Our pass defense has been the achilles heel of this team, and it proved that way tonight. The secondary missed tackles. I think that's crucial, because if they didn't miss tackles, the soft coverage scheme would have worked better; it's one of the basic requirements when you decide to play heavy coverage: TACKLE. The pass rush was non-existant. Yes, that would partially be because of the scheme, but we have not had a good pass rush all year, save Paul Spicer.

Bottom line: we gave the Pats a game with an injury-depleted and talent-depleted unit. We improved on last year by making the playoffs, and winning a road playoff game as a wild card. Next year, we need to improve on that talent, stay a bit more healthy, and win the division. That way we control our own destiny with a home game and not this road game stuff.

by BoneKrusher
        <DG> how metal unseen
        <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

• Originally posted by The Unseen View Post
          Mike Smith probably should have called less 3-man fronts, yes. That also may have helped against Maroney's 100-yard performance, something I think we're overlooking here.

But scheme or no, we would not have won this game. Our pass defense has been the achilles heel of this team, and it proved that way tonight. The secondary missed tackles. I think that's crucial, because if they didn't miss tackles, the soft coverage scheme would have worked better; it's one of the basic requirements when you decide to play heavy coverage: TACKLE. The pass rush was non-existant. Yes, that would partially be because of the scheme, but we have not had a good pass rush all year, save Paul Spicer.

Bottom line: we gave the Pats a game with an injury-depleted and talent-depleted unit. We improved on last year by making the playoffs, and winning a road playoff game as a wild card. Next year, we need to improve on that talent, stay a bit more healthy, and win the division. That way we control our own destiny with a home game and not this road game stuff.
          true....I really think we would not have won this game anyways...Brady didn't make any mistakes, we didn't have the defense to win...even if Northcutt and Jones had caught those TD passes (which would have kept it all knotted up) Brady would have marched right down the field...we couldn't stop him...and eventually they would have won because they have the better weapons...I mean look at what Stallworth did in limited action...it was a great game and I'm really glad we played the way we did because we no doubt quieted some of the doubters but we've got to get better on defense and get another playmaker on offense...

I look for the FO to pull a trade for a top tier WR this offseason and sign a big name defensive FA...probably a DE maybe a CB or SS...but Wayne Weaver has already stated that he wants playmakers on offense and now that the season is over and everyone has seen that we have a good QB that only needs a go to receiver...I think it will happen....

Comment

• I would really like to see a pass rusher (not a third down rusher) who can get 13 or 14 sacks. In terms of the draft I really like Talib from Kansas but I don't know if he is going to be around

big ups to Sf49ers1121

Comment

• I was disappointed with the (lack of) pressure on Brady. Everyone knows that Brady picks apart zone D's - see the Bills 2 times. Why didn't the Jags blitz more?

Comment

• Moss would have had a huge day had we blitzed more...the times we did blitz he picked us apart...that Stallworth completion was on a blitz...

Comment

• Originally posted by JagHombre22 View Post
                  Moss would have had a huge day had we blitzed more...the times we did blitz he picked us apart...that Stallworth completion was on a blitz...
                  Yeah but it was very close to a sack and probably Brady's riskiest throw all night. At least it forced him out of the pocket.

Comment

• Just because the blitz may have worked once doesn't mean it would work all the time. If the Patriots adjusted to more frequent blitzing, we would get burned.

by BoneKrusher
                    <DG> how metal unseen

Comment

• Would have liked to see more 3rd down blitzes. It seemed that defense was getting the Pats into a lot of 3rd and short plays and just kept the playing the same soft defense. Which Brady obviously kept picking apart.

Comment

• really this is a mute point, Brady would have picked us apart no matter what kind of defense we ran....which by the way we did run just about every defensive scheme there is....save the 3-4...

Comment

• Well that was a fun season. Maybe next year guys.

Originally posted by Crazy_Chris
                          It's just a ******* dog By Michael Vick
                          Check out the Dailyer Nebraskan
                          http://www.dailyernebraskan.com
                          421 Witness
                          756*

Comment

• What's the thought on Matt Jones after the New England game?, obviously a talent when healthy and i guess motivated, thought he could have made the catch in the endzone if the ball were a little higher. Did he do enough to win some support and sort of solidify the WR unit?

Comment

• Matt Jones will be on the field next season and he'll probably get the ball more with Wilford leaving but no one can say for sure...

I'm still hoping that the FO makes a trade for a top tier WR....

Comment

• Matt Jones will probably be around next year. Not sure of his role, but yes, a top tier WR plz.

by BoneKrusher
                                <DG> how metal unseen

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information