Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't know his role either...but I hope they don't try to put him in a number 2 role...he's better suited going across the field on slants and fades...

Comment

• Originally posted by JagHombre22 View Post
      I don't know his role either...but I hope they don't try to put him in a number 2 role...he's better suited going across the field on slants and fades...
      He caught a nice slant in the Pats game, but I still don't trust him going over the middle. The way you use Matt Jones is like a picture frame: keep him along the sidelines and in the endzone. That's what he's best suited for.

I don't think they'll put him in a number two role, either. I have a feeling that whether or not we trade for a top tier receiver, Mike Walker will be a starter in 08. He is Jimmy Smith reincarnated.

Comment

• I feel the same way about Walker but I just think that there will be too much making up to do next season (i.e. learning and trying to get the system down in real game situations...) he will essentially be a rookie next year...

I still think we need to trade for someone...the combination of a top tier WR, Walker, and Williams could be very dangerous...coupled with Northcutt and Jones with Sharon coming in...I think we'll be good....it's just up to the FO to go out and make things happen...

Comment

• I really liked (or should I say hated) the Mike Walker pick by the Jags too.
          Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

• I hope Mike Walker isn't getting overrated, because he does have alot of hype.

by BoneKrusher
            <DG> how metal unseen
            <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

• I don't think he's overrated...mainly due to the fact that I think he's not going to be as productive as we all hope he could be...he's going to be a rookie (essentially) and his learning curve in game situations will be behind....so I really don't expect big things from him until his third season...

Comment

I don't think he's overrated...mainly due to the fact that I think he's not going to be as productive as we all hope he could be...he's going to be a rookie (essentially) and his learning curve in game situations will be behind....so I really don't expect big things from him until his third season...
                YFS said he is "Jimmy Smith reincarnated." There's plenty of opportunity for overrating there. That, and I've seen alot of posters on That Other Board that think he's a shoo-in to automatically be the next starter, also something YFS said.

by BoneKrusher
                <DG> how metal unseen

Comment

• Originally posted by The Unseen View Post
                  YFS said he is "Jimmy Smith reincarnated." There's plenty of opportunity for overrating there. That, and I've seen alot of posters on That Other Board that think he's a shoo-in to automatically be the next starter, also something YFS said.
                  he's never played a regular season NFL game for 60 minutes...so I don't know how he could be JSmooth reincarnate...remember, it took Jimmy Smith a good three years in the league before he really even got a shot at starting...1996, I believe...

I understand that he's got the talent and he's physically gifted but I'm going to wait until he actually establishes himself before I go anointing him a starter...

I don't see how he could be a starter with Williams, possibly a WR trade, Northcutt and Jones...if anything this next season I see him splitting time at the slot position...

Comment

he's never played a regular season NFL game for 60 minutes...so I don't know how he could be JSmooth reincarnate...remember, it took Jimmy Smith a good three years in the league before he really even got a shot at starting...1996, I believe...

I understand that he's got the talent and he's physically gifted but I'm going to wait until he actually establishes himself before I go anointing him a starter...

I don't see how he could be a starter with Williams, possibly a WR trade, Northcutt and Jones...if anything this next season I see him splitting time at the slot position...
                    I agree with you; I'm just pointing out what others think.

by BoneKrusher
                    <DG> how metal unseen

Comment

• If we trade for another receiver, he'll be a rotational player. If we don't, he'll start the season off in the slot and will be a starter by midseason.

And I don't think he's going to be Jimmy right off the bat. Jimmy faced a steep learning curve when he came into this league, too, as he essentially missed his first two seasons. In his first season in Jacksonville, he was essentially just some fast guy who returned punts.

I see the talent there, though. And with a whole year to rehab his knee, he's gonna be ever more explosive next year.

Comment

• Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
                        If we trade for another receiver, he'll be a rotational player. If we don't, he'll start the season off in the slot and will be a starter by midseason.

And I don't think he's going to be Jimmy right off the bat. Jimmy faced a steep learning curve when he came into this league, too, as he essentially missed his first two seasons. In his first season in Jacksonville, he was essentially just some fast guy who returned punts.

I see the talent there, though. And with a whole year to rehab his knee, he's gonna be ever more explosive next year.
                        What makes you say that? Weaver and Shack Harris have both said that they want more offensive playmakers...which tends to make me believe that if we trade for a WR he will be a playmaker who demands the ball...

I do not think we will get another rotational WR...we have enough of those already and none of them demand the ball...Reggie Williams is our best receiver and he wasn't even starting most of the season...he disappeared in the playoffs and doesn't demand the ball...

I will actually be stunned if we don't trade for a top tier WR....

Comment

What makes you say that? Weaver and Shack Harris have both said that they want more offensive playmakers...which tends to make me believe that if we trade for a WR he will be a playmaker who demands the ball...

I do not think we will get another rotational WR...we have enough of those already and none of them demand the ball...Reggie Williams is our best receiver and he wasn't even starting most of the season...he disappeared in the playoffs and doesn't demand the ball...

I will actually be stunned if we don't trade for a top tier WR....
                          I mean that if we trade for a receiver, then Walker will be the one reduced to a rotational role.

Comment

• Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
                            I mean that if we trade for a receiver, then Walker will be the one reduced to a rotational role.
                            and then you would be correct in saying that...I see him behind Matt Jones and Dennis Northcutt...

Comment

• We don't need to trade for a receiver. Bernard Berrian will be a FA.

I'd like for us to go after T-Sizzle and Berrian in FA.

Comment

• I like the idea of Berrian...what bothers me about him though is that he sometimes disappears in games...he only had one 100 yard game last season...in his last three games of the season he had 7 catches for 68 yards...I don't know about you but we already have possession receivers...I don't think he is one but for a guy who's supposed to be the number one receiver he sure wasn't productive those last few games...

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information