Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well look at the quarterback(s) for Chicago. I'd say our qb situation is better. We could find a way to get him the ball.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigJohn98 View Post
      Well look at the quarterback(s) for Chicago. I'd say our qb situation is better. We could find a way to get him the ball.
      I'm just saying he disappeared in some games...but he would definitely be an upgrade over what we currently have now...although I enjoy thinking about all the trade possibilities out there...i.e. Fitzgerald, Roy Williams, Chad Johnson...

if the Jaguars really want a top flight WR to be Garrard's go to guy they'll go out and get one of these guys...

Comment

• I'm starting to like the idea of Gibril Wilson playing SS for us if the Giants choose not to resign him.

Comment

• Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
          I'm starting to like the idea of Gibril Wilson playing SS for us if the Giants choose not to resign him.
          I've been keeping my eye on him lately...he's a very intriguing player with good skills...I would be inclined to agree with you...

in other news...Mike Smith is now the clear favorite to get the Falcons job...according to CBSsportsline.com

http://cbs.sportsline.com/nfl/story/10585631

Comment

• I would not say the clear cut. We will interview Spagnulio before we make a decision. Hoping for Rex Ryan.

Would Smith make a good head coach?
            Virginia Tech.
            ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Comment

• Originally posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
              I would not say the clear cut. We will interview Spagnulio before we make a decision. Hoping for Rex Ryan.

Would Smith make a good head coach?
              Quoting my response in the coaching changes thread:

"Well Shiver's not gonna like him the way he complained at his schemes against the Patriots, lol.

It's hard to say, but considering the work he's done with the defense while he's been here, he should be able to take that template to improve the Falcons defense. The team as a whole, I don't know."

by BoneKrusher
              <DG> how metal unseen
              <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

• when JDR hired him when he became the HC...our defense went from being mediocre at best, to being a top 10 and top 5 defense...I think he'll make a nice head coach...

Comment

• so....who's our next DC?

I'll say that I would love to see Rex Ryan get an interview or whatever....but I would not complain if Campo got the upgrade.....

Comment

• Originally posted by JagHombre22 View Post
                    so....who's our next DC?

I'll say that I would love to see Rex Ryan get an interview or whatever....but I would not complain if Campo got the upgrade.....
                    Same.

And of course the *drools* possibility of Rex Ryan would be the enticement of Terrell Suggs to Jacksonville.

Commence said *drooling*

by BoneKrusher
                    <DG> how metal unseen

Comment

• I hadn't linked the Ryan and Suggs...but you're right...that could be huge...

Comment

• I'd hate to sound pessimistic, but i think JDR would like to keep it in house for the new DC

big ups to Sf49ers1121

Comment

• The Jaguars have hired former Detriot Lions D-coordinator Donnie Henderson for an unspecified role in the Jagaurs defense that is NOT D-coordinator. Del Rio said that the role would be specified later.

An interesting idea is that he would take over Dave Campo's job (assistant head coach/secondary) and Dave Campo would be coordinator.

by BoneKrusher
                          <DG> how metal unseen

Comment

• Originally posted by The Unseen View Post
                            The Jaguars have hired former Detriot Lions D-coordinator Donnie Henderson for an unspecified role in the Jagaurs defense that is NOT D-coordinator. Del Rio said that the role would be specified later.

An interesting idea is that he would take over Dave Campo's job (assistant head coach/secondary) and Dave Campo would be coordinator.
                            that's probably what it's going to be...which I wouldn't mind...Campo is a much better coordinator than he was HC...plus he knows the defense better than anybody we could hire from the outside...

an interesting sidenote to this would have to be the whole Shaun Rogers ordeal...could we be gearing up to sign Rogers once he becomes available (like he's being rumored to be...cut)

Comment

• Originally posted by JagHombre22 View Post
                              that's probably what it's going to be...which I wouldn't mind...Campo is a much better coordinator than he was HC...plus he knows the defense better than anybody we could hire from the outside...

an interesting sidenote to this would have to be the whole Shaun Rogers ordeal...could we be gearing up to sign Rogers once he becomes available (like he's being rumored to be...cut)
                              We have very good DT depth with McDaniel, Landri, and Meier. Not to mention that we still have Henderson and Stroud.

by BoneKrusher
                              <DG> how metal unseen

Comment

• Originally posted by The Unseen View Post
                                We have very good DT depth with McDaniel, Landri, and Meier. Not to mention that we still have Henderson and Stroud.
                                I understand what you're saying...but....

McDaniel hasn't been able to stay healthy, Meier is a good rotational guy but he's getting old, Henderson had his worst statistical year this past season, and Stroud can no longer be counted on staying healthy....and Landri is a younger version of Meier, I don't believe he'll ever be a starting DT....just a rotational guy...

I do believe they might try to resign Grady Jackson...but he's old as dirt as well...

a DT like Shaun Rogers would be welcomed...by you I'm assuming....

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information