Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I would like to see a run at maybe Jared Allen, a big time pass rusher would be nice or maybe even Marcus Trufant in the secondary

big ups to Sf49ers1121

Comment

• Marcus Trufant would be a good addition, but if we're going to go after a player like Trufant, why not go after Samuels?

and Jared Allen is likely to be tagged...but maybe Justin Smith or Terrell Suggs will come available?

EDIT: It's also being rumored that the Jaguars and Rams are interested in recently fired Washington Redskins DC Greg Williams...

that would be a stud move, if you ask me...
      Last edited by JagHombre22; 01-26-2008, 03:16 PM.

Comment

• With the money we have invested in our top 2 corners, going after a premier corner like Trufant or Samuels is asking for trouble. That should be a draft-day focus. Defensive end and/or wide receiver should be our free agent priorities.

And Gregg Williams would be a nice addition, yes.

by BoneKrusher
        <DG> how metal unseen
        <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

• Originally posted by The Unseen View Post
          With the money we have invested in our top 2 corners, going after a premier corner like Trufant or Samuels is asking for trouble. That should be a draft-day focus. Defensive end and/or wide receiver should be our free agent priorities.

And Gregg Williams would be a nice addition, yes.
          if they were to move Brian Williams than I could definitely see them going after a corner like Samuels or Trufant...

Comment

• Originally posted by JagHombre22 View Post
            if they were to move Brian Williams than I could definitely see them going after a corner like Samuels or Trufant...
            Why would they do that? Reggie Nelson is best served as an FS, or even a CB who would conceivably take his place.

And again, they would probably cost more than they are worth for the Jaguars' purposes.

by BoneKrusher
            <DG> how metal unseen

Comment

• Originally posted by The Unseen View Post
              Why would they do that? Reggie Nelson is best served as an FS, or even a CB who would conceivably take his place.

And again, they would probably cost more than they are worth for the Jaguars' purposes.
              Jack Del Rio has said that there is a possibility of moving Brian Williams and even Reggie...they would do this because Reggie Nelson is probably a better CB than he is FS and Brian Williams is just as good if not better safety than he is at CB...

everyone thinks that moving these players would be bad...if you look at the grand scheme of things, and the players that are available in FA...it can be done, plus our philosophy on defense seems to be changing due to the fact that we have some new defensive coaches...

Comment

• just heard this rumor...Dave Campo is being linked as the next Defensive Back's coach of the Dallas Cowboy's...just merely speculation, but it's a rumor none the less...

perhaps this is why we hired Donnie Henderson?

Comment

just heard this rumor...Dave Campo is being linked as the next Defensive Back's coach of the Dallas Cowboy's...just merely speculation, but it's a rumor none the less...

perhaps this is why we hired Donnie Henderson?
                  I don't know if it's true or not. But I do know that Camp has a son who is in 11th grade and wants to stay in Jacksonville. He turned down the Giants DC job to stay. So i am not sure if he will leave, but it's something I will be watching.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockey+Manning=Shocking View Post
                    I don't know if it's true or not. But I do know that Camp has a son who is in 11th grade and wants to stay in Jacksonville. He turned down the Giants DC job to stay. So i am not sure if he will leave, but it's something I will be watching.
                    when did he turn down the Giants DC Job?

The Dallas Cowboys got permission to speak with him, and JDR granted that permission meaning that JDR isn't all too worried about losing Campo...

Donnie Henderson is more than capable to running the secondary...Campo is the sole person responsible for developing Rashean Mathis into an all pro corner...he will be missed...

Comment

when did he turn down the Giants DC Job?

The Dallas Cowboys got permission to speak with him, and JDR granted that permission meaning that JDR isn't all too worried about losing Campo...

Donnie Henderson is more than capable to running the secondary...Campo is the sole person responsible for developing Rashean Mathis into an all pro corner...he will be missed...
                      I was talking to Caps college roommate and best friend yesterday when I saw him, and he told me that. BUt I didn't ask if it was when TC was hired, or just after this year when we fired Tim Lewis. I would guess when we fired Lewis, so this past off season. But I would need to confirm it.

Yeah my dad just handed me an article saying it. So it will be interesting. I owe alot to Coach C. He has hooked me up big time with autographs from Jimmy Johnson, Emmit Smith, Aikmen, and others. He actually passed my resume along to your director of college scouting for training camp intern. I guess now if he does go to dallas, maybe he can try to hook me up again.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockey+Manning=Shocking View Post
                        I was talking to Caps college roommate and best friend yesterday when I saw him, and he told me that. BUt I didn't ask if it was when TC was hired, or just after this year when we fired Tim Lewis. I would guess when we fired Lewis, so this past off season. But I would need to confirm it.

Yeah my dad just handed me an article saying it. So it will be interesting. I owe alot to Coach C. He has hooked me up big time with autographs from Jimmy Johnson, Emmit Smith, Aikmen, and others. He actually passed my resume along to your director of college scouting for training camp intern. I guess now if he does go to dallas, maybe he can try to hook me up again.
                        well, if you have no link it's hearsay...

Comment

well, if you have no link it's hearsay...
                          Well talked to the guy not more than 5 seconds ago, and looks like Camp is heading to dallas. He signed the contract last night.

Comment

• Is it a foregone conclusion that Matt Jones is gone?? I feel like with the right team he could blossom into a servicable #2, but I dont think Wilford and Matt Jones can leave in the same off season right? which guy is staying and whose leaving

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                            I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                              Is it a foregone conclusion that Matt Jones is gone?? I feel like with the right team he could blossom into a servicable #2, but I dont think Wilford and Matt Jones can leave in the same off season right? which guy is staying and whose leaving
                              Well, I had kinda assumed it was a foregone conclusion, but he had a couple good perfomances near the end of the area. Coupled with the fact that the coaching staff may still see something in him worth keeping him around another year as opposed to cutting him, that makes him a candidate to stay.

Wilford's an interesting question. He was a big first-downs guy for the team, but he hasn't been a star receiver, or have much "potential" to speak of. They may keep both, but you're right that it's unlikely that both go.

So, in short, I dunno. Hope that helps ;)

by BoneKrusher
                              <DG> how metal unseen

Comment

• Congrats Tom Coughlin!

by BoneKrusher
                                <DG> how metal unseen

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information