Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just wanted to stop in and congratulate you guys on the Florence signing. He certainly had his ups and downs with us but overall I will definitely miss him. He really has great tools to work with but rarely produced the way a guy with his talent could. That's not to say he is not a good player because he consistently played on a pretty high level. He can cover very well in man to man and is great supporting the run. He also has a little bit of tendency to come up big in important situations, something he has in common with Mathis if I'm not mistaken, and needless to say they'll make a great tandem. Florence is also reputed to be a great guy and hopefully he can blossom into a great corner with your team.

Comment

• We just signed Sammy Knight away from you guys. Can you tell me anything about him? Stats say he was pretty good, but those that know me know that i hate stats and think theyre useless (for the most part) in football.

Thoughts on Sammy Knight?

Comment

• Thanks for the kind words, defensiveback

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
        We just signed Sammy Knight away from you guys. Can you tell me anything about him? Stats say he was pretty good, but those that know me know that i hate stats and think theyre useless (for the most part) in football.

He's a very good run defender, but is mostly a pass-coverage liability. However, with the Giants' pass rush, that may not be as much of a problem. The other issue is his age, but that's a bit obvious.

by BoneKrusher
        <DG> how metal unseen
        <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

• Have any of you guys heard anything else about Mo Williams. For months leading up to free agency all i wanted from Atlanta was Michael Turner and Maurice Williams to be brought in as RG and then draft Jake Long at LT to give us a real smashmouth mentaility.

Funnily enough we have signed Turner and negotiated with Williams. Id love to get Williams but im finding it hard to get some info on how close he is to signing anywhere. Its also possible he might re-sign. What are your thoughts?
          Page 49, Atlanta Falcons Gameday Thread- Best...Page...Ever

Comment

• I've heard that he's still talking to the Jags about resigning...but no doubt he wants to get paid...he's a dual threat in which he can start at Tackle or Guard for about 80% of teams in the league....

he's a better guard than tackle in my opinion...and I hope the Jags resign him but Mike Smith knows how good he is so it's a definite possibility that he signs with the Falcons....

Comment

• Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
              We just signed Sammy Knight away from you guys. Can you tell me anything about him? Stats say he was pretty good, but those that know me know that i hate stats and think theyre useless (for the most part) in football.

I hope you guys don't plan on using him to cover Witten, Cooley, and LJ Smith, cause that's definitely his biggest weakness.

Comment

• There's a rumor out that the Jaguars are trying to trade for Jason Taylor. Apparently the asking price is a 2nd and 4th round pick.

I don't like that asking price...and I'm not sure what I think of the move, either. We need longer-term stability at DE than that.

There's a rumor that Suggs may not be a Raven due to contract malcontent. I'd definitely trade for him, even for a first-rounder.

by BoneKrusher
                <DG> how metal unseen

Comment

• Originally posted by The Unseen View Post
                  There's a rumor out that the Jaguars are trying to trade for Jason Taylor. Apparently the asking price is a 2nd and 4th round pick.

I don't like that asking price...and I'm not sure what I think of the move, either. We need longer-term stability at DE than that.

There's a rumor that Suggs may not be a Raven due to contract malcontent. I'd definitely trade for him, even for a first-rounder.
                  eh, I think Taylor is better than suggs right now...granted that Taylor only has maybe two more years in the tank but he would immediately make the defense a feared one again and he would instantly upgrade that line...

I would do a second and a fourth only because we desperately need pass rush help...we can still draft a DT or DE in the first round....

Comment

• Larry Fitzgerald anyone?

Originally posted by Crazy_Chris
                    It's just a ******* dog By Michael Vick
                    Check out the Dailyer Nebraskan
                    http://www.dailyernebraskan.com
                    421 Witness
                    756*

Comment

• Originally posted by jag View Post
                      Larry Fitzgerald anyone?
                      Too much and too late.

by BoneKrusher
                      <DG> how metal unseen

Comment

• I think it's safe to say that the FO will not be trading for any big name WR's....I'd look to the middle of the draft for a WR to be drafted...

Comment

• I played basketball with Richard Collier today. I'm so cool.

Comment

• I had dinner at Joes Crab Shack this past weekend with Mike Tice...that makes me cool too!

Comment

• I was on the same plane as Rashean Mathis last year. I was leaving Jacksonville and going back to LAX.

Comment

• I went to training camp and got some of their autographs...

nyaahahahahha

by BoneKrusher
                                <DG> how metal unseen

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information